2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#453357 - 20/01/05 04:22 AM X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
NuDan Offline

Loc: Not Here
Here's a link to a review of the 2005 Nissan X-Trail. Sorry guys but the X-Trail is only available in Canada. But I though you'd find it interesting anyway.

http://www.canadiandriver.com/testdrives/05x-trail_le.htm

2005 Frontiers
http://www.canadiandriver.com/roadtest/05frontier.htm

#453358 - 20/01/05 06:20 AM Re: X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
Anonymous
Unregistered

NuDan, Thanks for posting this - I've been kinda passively curious about this vehicle, and this covered everything!

Looks like a really good vehicle with some really cool features, my favorites being the awd with lock and the cooler/heater compartment. (actually, the lock sounds cool, but in reallity I doubt I really need it, especially in a vehicle that isn't really meant for mudding)

That said, I still wouldn't buy it for the same reasons I wouldn't buy Honda SR-V. So far the 2005 X is the ONLY thing on the market that covers everything I'm looking for. I'm still amazed how Nissan managed to address ALL the stupid little things I didn't like about the "classic" X, from the larger engine to silly little things like the rear bumper step. (the first thing I thought when I saw the classic X was - how the hell am I gonna get my kayaks up on that rack - I'm only 5'8"!)

But I digress - again, thanks for the info!

#453359 - 20/01/05 05:13 PM Re: X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
Anonymous
Unregistered

How is the AWD lock a special feature, or anything unique, for you?? All it means is the front and rear driveshafts are locked together. Just makes the AWD system act more like a part-time 4WD system, when engaged.

An AWD vehicle is only a 1WD in slippery conditions; the transfer case lock would just make it a 2WD in slippery conditions. No biggie.

It's a shame they don't release it in the US, though. The Escape & CRV have a pretty decent following, here, just because they are smaller, but still not a car.

#453360 - 20/01/05 08:43 PM Re: X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
How is the AWD lock a special feature, or anything unique, for you?? All it means is the front and rear driveshafts are locked together. Just makes the AWD system act more like a part-time 4WD system, when engaged.
You're absolutely right - what was I thinking! duh.

#453361 - 21/01/05 09:26 AM Re: X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
Anonymous
Unregistered

Looks like they sell the X-Trail in Europe too. I just checked for it on Yahoo.co.uk in the Cars section.

Looks like it has been around for a few years over there. Must have launched after I left the UK just over 3 years ago. AWD Sports Wagon, sounds a little like the Subaru to me.

They do it in a 2.2Ltr Diesel in the UK.

#453362 - 21/01/05 09:32 AM Re: X's Little Brother review: Truck not available in US
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a really good closeup look at the X-Trail last week. It sure has a lot of very very nice features. You know the "little things"...

For example of the "little things" the door bottom has a "lip" which extends down over the rocker panel so the actual rocker panel never gets dirty. So when you clime out of the thing and your pants touch the car they don't get all dirty.

Another nice thing is reclining rear seats. And room enough under the front seats so that a rear seat passenger can literally stretch right out.

It is about the same size as a Honda CR-V inside but nicer appointments. So on the small size.

There are reports of great gas mileage too. But the thing does not have enough torque to pull anything [ThumbsDown]

I need more oomphf.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal