shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#455509 - 09/02/05 01:51 PM Name your price, model and options on an 05
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
For those of us thinking about buying a 2005 xterra I would like to start a topic solely to list purchase price, model and options. Then we will have real numbers for those who are on the fence about buying or what others are paying for. I for one would like to know what deals and prices others are getting. laugh

#455510 - 09/02/05 02:07 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Night Armor, Dark gray, black or yellow Off-Road. Probably with Auto tranny.

#455511 - 09/02/05 03:12 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
buffalo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by R C 8:
Night Armor, Dark gray, black or yellow Off-Road. Probably with Auto tranny.
Now don't forget to include what you paid for it and what options you got. smile
I'm guessing that we will see new owners popping up within the next week.
[ThumbsUp]

#455512 - 16/02/05 10:17 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
buffalo Offline

bump, I know we have new members now that have made their 05 purchase.

#455513 - 16/02/05 12:51 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought a Granite S Model, 4x4, Auto with Power Package, Body Side Molding, In Cabin Microfilter, Splash Guards, and Carpeted Floormats. Sticker was $25,530. I got it for $24k.

Should be getting it on Friday, maybe Saturday. smile

#455514 - 16/02/05 02:53 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
fastdrmr Offline

Loc: SLC, UT
Congratulations and thank you for showing us that you can get a decent Xterra with added features for under $30K! laugh

#455515 - 16/02/05 05:50 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Finally - I feel worthy of hanging out on this forum!

Bought a 2005 X Night Armor S, 4x4 Auto.
Power Package, Util package,
Side molding, cabin filter, Auto-dim mirror w/ compass, Carpeted floor mats, protection package, retractable cargo cover, splash gaurds.

Total MSRP 26,630
Paid $25,342

Hey - the rubber floor mats that are suppose to be part of the $160 protection package (there are 2 versions of PP dealer said, and the $160 version IS suppose to have them) were mysterioulsy missing...
Told them I expect them to turn up or they will have to come up with a set at no charge - done, no problem.

A note on this deal: I SUCK at dealing - I can do all the homework in the world, but when it comes time for the face to face dealing I'm just NOT good at it. Anyway, I'm a tech at a local IT company that just happened to land a big contract with this dealer (network upgrades, maybe a Cisco voip system, etc). The sales VP of my company has been working extensivly on this contract with with the VP of the dealer. I spoke with my company's sales guy, who was gonna pull strings with the dealer's VP to make sure I got a good deal. When I walked into the dealer tonight, I was told first thing that the price was already set for me at $500 over invoice (higher invoice though, NOT reduced by holdback). Tried to talk em down more to no avail.
Hey they're still making about $1000! Not sure if I really got an "inside deal", but I'm very happy with it and probably could NOT have done better left to my own resources.

This was the FIRST 05 X sold in New England (or so they said)! Unfortunately, I gotta wait till Friday or Monday to pick it up because they don't have the paperwork needed to get the title yet.

#455516 - 16/02/05 06:39 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Oh yeah - some pics. It was dark and pooring buckets, so most didn't come out.
During the test drive thought I might actually see VDC or ABLS in action, but the roads weren't that bad as it just started wink

The more I think about it, it was really cool to walk in there and have them tell me the deal was already set at 500 over invoice.

OK I see the carpeted floor mats.
Where the hell are the rubber ones????

#455517 - 16/02/05 08:20 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

FYI, never believe the invoice price when buying a car, dealers get rebates the same as we do on things.

The price the dealer really pays is less (ussually) then that on the invoice.

anyway.. nice ride.. i have yet to see one on the road...

I really like that color too

#455518 - 16/02/05 09:07 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Seany44:
FYI, never believe the invoice price when buying a car, dealers get rebates the same as we do on things.
Yeah, i know. What a racket. Anyway, I'm happy with 1300 under MSRP considering the thing just came out.

The truck drives fantastic. It sucked getting back in our old Sebring for the ride home. A few people here commented it didn't seem to have as much umph off the line as they would expect given the bigger engine. I didn't find that the case. My only comparison is an 04 I test drove 2 months ago, but I came away from that VERY unhappy with engine power. Not the case with the 05 totally rocks, in my opinion!

#455519 - 16/02/05 10:39 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

question for everyone. plannning on buying the 05 VERY soon. what price should all us buyers be looking for after we get our MSRP from nissanusa.com?

from what a couple of owners have posted so far, its been about $1200-$1500 under MSRP. is that a fair price to pay?

#455520 - 16/02/05 11:41 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

It will be hard to get a good deal on such a new vehicle, with no factory incentives. But I've found that if you can get between 6 and 10% off of MSRP you're doing good. Don't fall for the Fair Market adjustment sticker they put on. Just my two cents.

#455521 - 16/02/05 11:45 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

BTW, beautiful ride. I'd like to get one but I'm going be underwater on my 04' so I'll just have to suffer for awhile.

#455522 - 17/02/05 04:23 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by littleguy:
But I've found that if you can get between 6 and 10% off of MSRP you're doing good.
6-10% would be like $1500-$2500 off a $25,000 truck. Don't you think $2500 end of this might be pushing it a little this early? More towards the 6% end of this would be my 2 cents.

#455523 - 17/02/05 04:35 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

You might wanna take a calculator to verify sticker. I'm posting this a little prematurely, but it looks like the 4x4 S Auto's that have bottom line of 26630 (there are a bunch out there) don't add up right.

Bottom line on sticker was $100 higher that if you start from base price on sticker and add up the options and destination charge (exactly as listed on sticker).

Weird, but needs verification.... Would only take you a minute to verify when you're on the lot - I might not get back to this for a while, so just a heads up right now.

#455524 - 17/02/05 06:11 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dropped off my down payment check last night after work, and they told me they were still waiting on some paperwork as well, so I might have to wait until Monday too. I was hoping to drive it this weekend, but guess I'll just have to wait. There is a chance it'll come in on Saturday, so we'll see.

Nice truck jdr! smile Welcome to the 05 club! smile I was told that I got the first one here in Iowa too, so it'll be fun to be kinda unique on the road for awhile. smile As for the engine power, yeah, it's awesome. It's certainly a lot more smoother of the line then the 04 I drove last fall, and it doesn't take much time for it to get rolling.

Right now, I'm so glad I waited for the 05. I had a very good deal on the table with a different dealer back in Nov. but my gut told me it would be worth the wait, even if you paid a little more, and it was. Plus, this dealer was much easier to work with and had bent over backwards to get me in the X. On top of the nice sticker discount, they did me very well on the trade in too. Just can't wait to get my new X.

#455525 - 17/02/05 08:20 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

congrats on the purchase. thanks for the pics. i think i'm in love now .....

#455526 - 17/02/05 09:17 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Kung Fu Jedi -
Here's something I'm in denial about. My dealer told me Monday too, however, Monday is a holiday (at least in MA). The dealer will be open of course, but mail delivery, the Registry, and the other playa's wont be. It might turn into Tuesday. Just thought I'd share my pain. Maybe we'll get lucky and the stuff will come in today/tomorrow.
Yeah right, I'm in denial AGAIN.

Nice rig, like the granite - looks like you got a good deal

#455527 - 17/02/05 09:44 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep, I thought about the whole "no mail" holiday too jdr. frown To say the least I'll be bummed, but to be honest, I really wanted it for the weekend, so if I cant have it by Saturday, I suppose Tuesday will be ok too. I'm just trying to be optimistic about the whole thing. smile Either way, I've had a big grin on my face the last few days! laugh

#455528 - 17/02/05 11:27 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Just to let every one know.....here in Sacramento, CA......I got quoted a price on a 2005 Xterra 4x4 Off Road with side curtain airbags at $26,473 (not including tax, license, etc)

Just wanted to post another line Norcal Dealers are starting from

#455529 - 17/02/05 11:37 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info, but what was the MSRP or sticker on that one in norcal?

#455530 - 17/02/05 12:34 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
buffalo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
Just to let every one know.....here in Sacramento, CA......I got quoted a price on a 2005 Xterra 4x4 Off Road with side curtain airbags at $26,473 (not including tax, license, etc)

Just wanted to post another line Norcal Dealers are starting from
Thanx for the info I checked yesterday and spoke to a local fleet manager and he told me 400.00 over invoice if I was a AAA, Costco or SAms Club member, I belong to all 3. laugh I was planning on waiting about 4-6 months but if the deal is really good I will bite. Going to see what he gives me on my trade in tomorrow.

#455531 - 17/02/05 01:50 PM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for a new '05 SE, 4x4. Trying to find one in Night Armor right away...

Buffalo - which dealer have you spoken to? I have called most of the dealers in L.A. and would love to get a deal like the $400 over invoice that you mentioned.

Thanks.

#455532 - 18/02/05 08:48 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been reading this forum for a while, now I feel worthy to post as I'm going to get my new X in a few hours. I have a wrecked 03 Frontier that I finally convinced the insurance comapny to total, and made out well over my expectations (ie. nice down payment). Thinking of a Red Brawn 4x4 S Auto, sticker says 26,250, but think I will be able to get them down to 25,000.

#455533 - 18/02/05 10:18 AM Re: Name your price, model and options on an 05
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going out this weekend to poke around. I am in no hurry but if a dealer gives me about $1500 off I may just bite. Would love to have some new wheels and be able to sell my old 96' Ford Ranger.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal