shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#45716 - 19/08/03 08:16 PM hot foot?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Went wheelin really hard over the weekend and my right foot got pretty warm towards the end of each day. It felt like there was some good amount of heat coming up from the trany or transfer case. Is this ok or should I look into getting a trany cooler?

#45717 - 20/08/03 05:56 AM Re: hot foot?
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
I can't tell you if it's ok or not, but I can tell you mine does the same thing... usually when I've been driving a lot or just driving it pretty hard... actually have to turn the a/c on down there (but watch out for frostbite!! laugh )

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#45718 - 29/08/03 06:14 AM Re: hot foot?
1_black_x Offline

Loc: NH
Mine does the same thing. It sucks and I hate it.

#45719 - 29/08/03 10:13 AM Re: hot foot?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am not 100% sure but i am pretty sure that the transfer case would not produce that amount of heat... I am almost positive that you are feeling the heat from the exhaust since you are not moving quickly the air cannot dissapate the heat around it..

#45720 - 29/08/03 10:36 AM Re: hot foot?
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
Quote:
Originally posted by X2theZ:
I am not 100% sure but i am pretty sure that the transfer case would not produce that amount of heat... I am almost positive that you are feeling the heat from the exhaust since you are not moving quickly the air cannot dissapate the heat around it..
It burns at highway speeds...

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#45721 - 02/09/03 06:58 AM Re: hot foot?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I noticed the same thing. We were on a trail in Anza Borrego and the floor was really hot. I've never felt a floor get so hot.
I later looked under the X and found that there were 2 catalytic coverters (I have a V6) right under the hump on both sides. I also noticed that the muffler at the end of the exhaust system had a blueish straw color to the metal. I'm guessing there are signs that the exhaust at the inlet of the muffler is at times 900 degrees.
Now I know the engineers that develope this stuff are pretty smart but I changed the muffler(Raven) to reduce back pressure and sure enough the heat dropped down. The exhaust has a very mild note.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal