2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459464 - 14/05/06 02:12 PM keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm now fairly certain that I'm an idiot. If it wasn't bad enough that I keep learning small things about my X every few weeks since I got it in November...I find two more things today that I just can't believe I didn't notice before...

So for those who also haven't noticed these and find them useful...or for those of you who just really want a good laugh...

So I posted a few days ago about the 12v outlets...that was a good little thing to learn.

A few weeks ago I learned of the little space in the center console near the latch to pass through wires...

Today I found the helpful little hook in the underside of the rear floor, allowing you to hook it up so you can work in the storage compartment...

Then, worst of all...I was cleaning out my glove-box when I noticed another latch? Seriously, I never knew about the storage bin right above the glovebox....how I missed that before, I don't even know.

Normally I'd suggest a thread somewhere will all these useful bits, but I fear I'm in the clueless minority wink

#459465 - 14/05/06 03:06 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

--Yo Buley, It never ends-there are a couple of mini-locks for child safe on the aft edge of the rear doors (so they can't be opened from the inside by kids) also a neat little insp. plate on the forward end of the fwd skid plate for oil filter replacement(10mm bolts) and a special little trough so the oil won't dip straight down. There's more, but you'll find them-- [Spit] [Spit] --JIMBO

#459466 - 14/05/06 04:03 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
So I posted a few days ago about the 12v outlets...that was a good little thing to learn.
Page 6-29 of the owner's manual.

Today I found the helpful little hook in the underside of the rear floor, allowing you to hook it up so you can work in the storage compartment...
Page 2-36 of the owner's manual.

Then, worst of all...I was cleaning out my glove-box when I noticed another latch? Seriously, I never knew about the storage bin right above the glovebox....how I missed that before, I don't even know.
Page 2-32 of the owner's manual.

It never ends-there are a couple of mini-locks for child safe on the aft edge of the rear doors (so they can't be opened from the inside by kids)
Page 3-5 of the owner's manual.

also a neat little insp. plate on the forward end of the fwd skid plate for oil filter replacement(10mm bolts)
Page 8-10 of the owner's manual.

So uh, I guess the message here is: read the owner's manual!

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#459467 - 14/05/06 04:19 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
oleblue Offline

Loc: Winter Park, CO
Hey Brent, where is this one in the manual?

"...the little space in the center console near the latch to pass through wires..."

#459468 - 14/05/06 11:12 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey I've had my X for almost a year and I still get excited about the compartment above the glovebox. If I feel like I need to hide something I put it in there. I figure even if my car gets broken into they wont find my hiding place.

#459469 - 15/05/06 04:40 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
OffroadX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by oleblue:
Hey Brent, where is this one in the manual?
"...the little space in the center console near the latch to pass through wires..."
Seeing how it's not in there, I didn't list a page number eh?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#459470 - 15/05/06 06:22 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Don't forget about the clips on the underside of the center console armrest. I use one for a pen, the other for a tire pressure gauge.

Here's a picture of the oil tray that helps keep the mess to a minimum during filter removal:

#459471 - 15/05/06 06:46 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its these little things that makes the Xterra what it is; A true Sport Utility Vehicle. It is unmolested by leather, sun/moonroof, heated this-and-that, etc., but still has all the necessities to keep you in the game!

EVERYTHING YOU NEED, NOTHING YOU DON'T = X

#459472 - 16/05/06 01:07 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

regarding new things...

i didn't notice the tweeters in the rear doors until ~4 months after i've had mine

#459473 - 16/05/06 01:24 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Do the Next Gen X's still come with Bottle Openers built into the rear doors?

-those 1st Gen owners that know about this will smile... those that don't will be out at their X shortly looking for them-

#459474 - 16/05/06 06:41 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
Do the Next Gen X's still come with Bottle Openers built into the rear doors?

-those 1st Gen owners that know about this will smile... those that don't will be out at their X shortly looking for them-
pics. I need pics. I am nowhere near my truck and this is killing me to check.

#459475 - 16/05/06 10:37 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
OffroadX Offline

I'm guessing the hoops that the latch catches, not on the door itself but the rear door jamb.

#459476 - 16/05/06 08:58 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

>It is unmolested by leather, sun/moonroof

Hey I love leather seats and would have liked the sunroof. It wasn't worth buying the SE without the leather

#459477 - 19/05/06 07:29 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DCNH:
>It is unmolested by leather, sun/moonroof

Hey I love leather seats and would have liked the sunroof. It wasn't worth buying the SE without the leather
i definetly bought an xterra because it didnt have leather...leather in this kind of truck would be more of a pain imo

#459478 - 19/05/06 08:25 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
I'm guessing the hoops that the latch catches, not on the door itself but the rear door jamb.
I'm guessing the latch itself:
[img]http://tinyurl.com/z28ph[/img]

#459479 - 19/05/06 09:00 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
its the hoops as brent guessed...

i forget who showed me.... Ivan, maybe?

anyway , the cool part is that if you set a coffee can or something in the right spot the vast majority of the caps will just fall into the can... they roll down the door jam smile

#459480 - 19/05/06 10:08 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

The gas door has a gas cap holder on it.

#459481 - 19/05/06 11:04 AM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
its the hoops as brent guessed...

i forget who showed me.... Ivan, maybe?

anyway , the cool part is that if you set a coffee can or something in the right spot the vast majority of the caps will just fall into the can... they roll down the door jam smile
Ah, the rear passenger doors, not the rear hatch. I was looking at the hatch, I figured the hoop in the hatch is no good because the beer would almost be upside down.

#459482 - 21/05/06 02:53 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Real men dont read owners manuals...thats like looking at a map...or even worse, asking dirrections. Remember, the joy of discovery. Women dont come with owners manuals, and niether should trucks.

#459483 - 21/05/06 03:22 PM Re: keep finding new things...I'm an idiot
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Women dont come with owners manuals, and niether should trucks.
That's probaby why it's easier to figure out what's wrong with the truck compared to women. [LOL]

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal