2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#459997 - 01/02/06 07:52 PM '05 Fronty head unit
Anonymous
Unregistered

My buddy has an '05 Frontier with a 6-disc in-dash changer. Obviously the dash is the same, so I know it'll fit, but can I throw his stock unit in my X without major re-wiring? I have the standard CD player in my S. I don't know much about the options in the Frontier, but his stereo is not the Rockford nor is it the standard single disc. Anybody know about this? He's pullin' it out of his truck to put an aftermarket unit in, and he's just gonna give it to me. I'd much rather have the in-dash changer option and its cheaper than an aftermarket... let me know!

#459998 - 01/02/06 09:17 PM Re: '05 Fronty head unit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just answered this same question in another thread:

Here

Good Luck.

The RF is a really nice headunit. You'll enjoy it. The only reason I got rid of mine is because I wanted an auxiliary input and a free din slot.

#459999 - 02/02/06 04:58 AM Re: '05 Fronty head unit
Anonymous
Unregistered

uhh, his isn't the Rockford unit

#460000 - 03/02/06 07:29 PM Re: '05 Fronty head unit
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just looked at the nissanusa.com website and it doesn't seem like the Rockford package is an option in those trucks. They do have, however, the Frontier LE audio system, which includes a 6 disk in dash changer. It's a $500 option, and it includes 6 speakers. The only way to find out if it will work, if you're the first person to attempt this, is to remove your stereo and look at the plugs. It's not a hard disassembly. One screw to remove the dash panel, and 4 screws to remove the stereo. Done.

#460001 - 03/02/06 08:53 PM Re: '05 Fronty head unit
Anonymous
Unregistered

It'll fit. Plugs right in. Enjoy!

Your X should have all the speakers that the Frontier LE package has anyway. You do have the tweeters in the dash, correct?

Even if you don't, don't worry, it'll still fit, plug in and play like normal.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal