2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#462442 - 22/08/05 08:49 AM goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

sat evening, pulled into a gas station to get a drink, got back in and the VDC and SLIP lights came on as well as the SES light (service engine soon).

got down the street, pulled off to the side in some gravel and punched it and sure enough, no slip control. turned it off, turned in back on and lights went out but SES light is still there. seems to be working OK but now i gotta go back. little annoyed with this. less than 10k and these problems are getting on my nerves.

and, i have the back hatch rattleing too...

i will let you know what the deal is.

#462443 - 22/08/05 02:29 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dude, I don't know what to tell you, other than I feel your pain. At least you can vent here on the site. I took my X to the dealer 2day for an oil change and a squeeking hood, and got out with a dented front bumper. Some young dumb A** drove into it while pulling out the dealers back alley. I don't want to get the kid fired but I'll raise hell if they don't fix it right. They ordered the cover and now I have to waiste my time to go back and replace it. That was the last time that I went there. Everytime I go there, there's something that comes up. If it was't for the dirt cheap oil change, I would never go there. Come to think of it, I probably wont. Other than the squeeks and rattles everywhere, I have no electrical problems, yet. Good luck with yours. Might be a short in wiring. In that case, I wish you best of luck, cause seems like good service anywhere is very hard to get. People are just getting lazy in general.

#462444 - 22/08/05 04:21 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
bburns Offline

Loc: Maple Valley, WA
If your time (and sanity) is worth *anything* then those oil changes aren't cheap (especially when they're bound to screw up something in the process).

#462445 - 22/08/05 08:57 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel your pain! Since we are venting here I am having a problem with my dealership too! i posted a topic about seat wear well i took it in for the 1000 mile service they replaced the seat cover three days ago and now it is wearing again! i also told them about the window coming off the track without removing the door pannel they told me they ordered a new motor for the window. Still waiting on that! I keep all my firefighting gear in a gear bag in the back of the X well it was all out of the bag my helmet was in the backseat and my nomex hood was under the passenger seat!
Now about the slip light i also posted a topic about spinning my tires in the rain does the slip light only come on in 4X4? if so there is no question if not there is a problem! (end of rant)

#462446 - 23/08/05 04:01 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, this is interesting, and a little concerning....

called my guy and he said he probably knew what it was, i should bring it in and he will run the code and decide if they need to order a part or not. so he comes out bout 10 min later and says (and get this) "you weren't driving in any frozen tundra over the weekend were you? eek then laughs....

he said that the error measured the intake temp at -54deg and the someother temp about the same......uuuuuhhhhhhhh kkkaaaaaayyyyy.....
it was also throwing a "cam-comm" (assuming communication) error.

he says it it was obviously some ECU glitch cause that wouldn't explain the slip and vdc lights.

he said he had one other girl bring hers in that threw some funny lights and the same cam-comm code and a MTM code (manual trans module) code. her's went into failsafe-turtlespeed-preservation mode (the no power, 30mph max thing). her ECU was all kinds of errored too and they replaced her MTM and everything is fine.

so he re-set the code and thinks it may have corrected itself and will address anything else as it happens......so we'll see.

so looks like if this keeps up, we may see a ECU upgrade for the first generations....

#462447 - 23/08/05 04:05 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by rimedic:

Now about the slip light i also posted a topic about spinning my tires in the rain does the slip light only come on in 4X4? if so there is no question if not there is a problem! (end of rant)
about that, it should come on. actually, more like flash and it should retard the power enough to stop the spining. now, you might not have the VDC but i am pretty sure they ALL come with the slip control. but i could be wrong.

and if yours is retarding the power but not flashing the light (read: technically working), then there may still be an issue, albeit a small one.

#462448 - 24/08/05 10:07 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bburns:
If your time (and sanity) is worth *anything* then those oil changes aren't cheap (especially when they're bound to screw up something in the process).
Thanks. I figure it out a long time ago. The thing is that they are so convinient to go to. And by the time I go again, i'm already vented. I wont make that mistake again though.

#462449 - 24/08/05 06:53 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

That is CAN Communication. CAN=Controller Area Network.

#462450 - 24/08/05 07:11 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
OFFROADMANUAL Offline

Loc: Northern New Mexico
Just curious: You guys who are experiencing problems, what months were your vehicles built in? Mine was built in April and so far is solid and running silently after 5000 miles.

#462451 - 02/11/05 03:55 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what was the cause of the vdc/slip/service engine soon light?

My 05X auto OR is in the shop for the same issues. They have had it all day and still don't know what caused this. The tech said all the sensors have failed becuase the temps are reading -40F.

the errors are CAM related

this sucks...2500 easy miles.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

#462452 - 02/11/05 06:30 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by OFFROADMANUAL:
Just curious: You guys who are experiencing problems, what months were your vehicles built in? Mine was built in April and so far is solid and running silently after 5000 miles.
where can i find the build date on my 05?

#462453 - 02/11/05 06:33 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by beetlebailey:
Quote:
Originally posted by OFFROADMANUAL:
[b]Just curious: You guys who are experiencing problems, what months were your vehicles built in? Mine was built in April and so far is solid and running silently after 5000 miles.
where can i find the build date on my 05?[/b]
Open the drivers door and you will see the label down on the lower right side of the door pillar.

#462454 - 02/11/05 07:12 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

actually, they didn't do anything. they double checked everything and said that if it happened again, they would reflash the pcm. but it hasn't happened again.

#462455 - 03/11/05 05:11 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

No ECU probs. Built in July, bought in mid-August. After 5K no complaints just a few rattles.

#462456 - 03/11/05 05:43 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

For the slip it will work in both 2 wheel and 4wd. If the sensor detects the wheel slipping it will redirect power to the other wheel and the light should either flash or come on solid. It shouldn't stay on after the wheel has stopped spinning or the brakes started to heat up which it will turn off to prevent overheating of the brakes.

I first got the slip to come on while taking a turn and using a lot of the skinny pedal while driving on road after it had rained.

#462457 - 03/11/05 05:54 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by kokopop:
No ECU probs. Built in July, bought in mid-August. After 5K no complaints just a few rattles.
July build date also and no issues with 3300 miles. No real rattles I can hear yet either (maybe it's just that the radio is always on and I never hear them).

#462458 - 03/11/05 06:14 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a June build date and with 6000+ miles with no known problems.

#462459 - 03/11/05 09:39 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

still no word yet although the tech is working hard on it.

Mine is an August 05 production.

maybe i will hear something today. The dealership gave me a loaner so at this point I am cool with letting them keep it as long as it takes.

#462460 - 03/11/05 09:58 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW! Just checked the build date on my '05 OR 4x4....bought it Sept.28 and build date was 09/05; surprised the paint was dry! on 1700 miles on it, but no problems other than squeaky clutch pedal that's already been covered in another topic.

#462461 - 03/11/05 11:34 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine was born June 05 and I adopted her July 05 ... crazy...I think she was fresh off the truck when they took the plastic off and handed me the keys.

#462462 - 09/11/05 05:43 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, the resolution to this issue appears to be a new electrical engine harness. There appears to be a floating ground in it somewhere. The mechanic replaced the harness and all problems are gone now.

so for anyone reading this down the road months from now...the problem according to nissan is a bad ground and replacing the harness solved the cam errors.

On another note the mechanic told me that on the 05's if you are disconnecting the battery, you have to insure the wheels are pointed straight before doing so. Otherwise the VDC gets pissed off.

#462463 - 17/11/05 11:55 PM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

well, did it again. this time when he ran the code it said that i have/had 2 flat tires, not just low but FLAT........uh........no.

cleared it.

now, my low tire light came on and all three tires are at 29.5lbs.

not sure. still a little peeved.

#462464 - 18/11/05 03:34 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by K0ZU:
On another note the mechanic told me that on the 05's if you are disconnecting the battery, you have to insure the wheels are pointed straight before doing so. Otherwise the VDC gets pissed off.
That's an interesting tidbit. I'll have to read up in the service manual on that.

#462465 - 26/11/05 10:51 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, my X started up yesterday with the Service Engine Soon light along with both the SLIP and the VDC Off lights. Looks like the same problem others have reported in this thread.

I was on my way to drive some trails in Arches, and I just went ahead and drove them anyway. After I switched to 4lo the SLIP light went off. The ABLS was definately working, as was the HDC. Later when back in 2wd, VDC was working, but the SES light is still on. When I get back to Denver next week I'll have to take it in and see what the code is.

Rattles I can deal with, but electrical computer problems are frustrating. If I'd wanted a truck with gremlins I'd have bought a Land Rover!

#462466 - 20/01/06 04:39 AM Re: goin in for service again - starting to get a little peeved!!!
Anonymous
Unregistered

well 11.5k miles and i've been riding around for a day now(until i can get to the stealership) with the "vdc off" and "slip" lights on... and a noticable difference in engine performance... hopefully they idiots at the shop can figure this one out...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal