2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#46256 - 16/06/04 06:10 PM Transmission question...
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Can someone tell me what the Check ball and check spring do in the transmission? If you look in the ESM, page 47 of 70 and the center image on page 48 of 70 in the MT.pdf.

The reason being, first gear went in my truck and I replaced the tranny. When I broke the transfer case from the tranny, the check spring came out. Where that spring belongs, there is NO possable way that spring could end up in that part of the tranny.

Just trying to figure out how that got in there and if it could have caused first to fail.

Thanks!

#46257 - 17/06/04 01:04 PM Re: Transmission question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

confused I'll try to help ya if I can. Do you know what tranny you're working on? FS5W71C or the FS5R30A?

#46258 - 18/06/04 07:01 AM Re: Transmission question...
stormy Offline

Loc: NH
Its the R30A

#46259 - 19/06/04 06:43 AM Re: Transmission question...
Anonymous
Unregistered

frown I gotta be honest with ya man, it doesn't appear possible. Unless of course there is a broken case, then parts could go everywhere and, yes, possibly cause the tranny to fail in the first place. You're from NH eh? If the unit is still out of the truck, I might be up your way this weekend, maybe pop in to take a peek? But as far as looking in this ESM, I really can't make heads or tails of it. Wish I could be more helpful.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal