2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#465896 - 29/06/05 06:58 PM "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone noticed a "clink" sound coming from the rear area about maybe 3 or 4 seconds after shifting to drive and driving forward? I'm hearing it on a pretty consistent basis...anyone?

#465897 - 30/06/05 06:21 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a pretty bad rattle coming from my rear and it turned out to be the spare tire. You might want to lower it and then raise it tight. This fixed my rattle/clanking. Hope it helps.

#465898 - 01/07/05 03:26 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
You don't mean the "clunk" (whatever vowel sound you want to put in there) noise made by the ABS system when the computer checks it, do you? Is this only happening once as you drive off? If so, that's normal.

#465899 - 01/07/05 05:18 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, it happens once when I drive off..kind of sounds like a loose CV joint...if it's the ABS then that's fine...I'm really lovin my X so far...I think what I like the most is the fact that it appears to be a pretty unique vehicle on the road...I'd rather not have X's all over creation like those cheesy Escapes, Explorers, and Jeeps.... smile

#465900 - 01/07/05 10:05 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mssw07:
Yeah, it happens once when I drive off..kind of sounds like a loose CV joint...if it's the ABS then that's fine...I'm really lovin my X so far...I think what I like the most is the fact that it appears to be a pretty unique vehicle on the road...I'd rather not have X's all over creation like those cheesy Escapes, Explorers, and Jeeps.... smile
Heh, I've made a game out of counting the X's i see as I'm traveling about each day. I NEVER see less than 6-7. They're everywhere around Nacogdoches, TX.

#465901 - 12/07/05 03:28 PM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Guys, just want to say I'm new to this forum, and my X and I love both.

To follow up on this question, just to verify. When I shift from park into Reverse or Drive, there is a slight "clunk" and enough movement to shake the car slightly. This to me coming from an old used car, is not a normal noise, however it is also not a horrible heart rending crunch. So if this is something expierenced by other owners, I shall fret no more. Thanks

#465902 - 13/07/05 07:22 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sounds to me your tranny is going. laugh
Only kidding. Make sure your tranny oil level is good, assuming U have a dipstick. I cant really tell bcuz Im driving a manual.

#465903 - 16/07/05 08:10 AM Re: "clink" sound coming from X...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
To follow up on this question, just to verify. When I shift from park into Reverse or Drive, there is a slight "clunk" and enough movement to shake the car slightly. This to me coming from an old used car, is not a normal noise, however it is also not a horrible heart rending crunch. So if this is something expierenced by other owners, I shall fret no more. Thanks
I hear the same sound when shifting into gear. It's my first Xterra so I just assumed that it was normal.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal