2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 30 of 39 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467550 - 23/11/04 06:00 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Comman! the LR3's bound to have better off road capability than the Xterra.

#467551 - 23/11/04 06:41 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ButterBean Offline

Loc: Walla Walla
Quote:
Originally posted by booggerg:
Nope, and for 45,000 I wouldn't want to test it

#467552 - 24/11/04 09:31 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Under the Xterra's Specification page of the nissannews.com website, 6-speed Manual Transmission is available for all models of 05 X. However, when you go "design your Xterra" under the nissanusa.com website, 6-speed Manual Transmission is not available for the SE model. Any idea which is right>

#467553 - 24/11/04 09:33 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm looking at getting the '05 probably by the end of next year, when they go on sale to get them off the lot for the '06s.

#467554 - 24/11/04 09:44 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Peanut Butter Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by 92Pathy:
Under the Xterra's Specification page of the nissannews.com website, 6-speed Manual Transmission is available for all models of 05 X. However, when you go "design your Xterra" under the nissanusa.com website, 6-speed Manual Transmission is not available for the SE model. Any idea which is right>
They could still be deciding whether there going to offer it. The past trend has been that the only the automatic was offered on the SE.

Since your a Canuck I would wait until the specs are up on the Canadian site. There have been subtle differences in equipment between the US and Canadian versions.

#467555 - 26/11/04 06:17 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

#467556 - 26/11/04 09:21 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Hamburgler:
The past trend has been that the only the automatic was offered on the SE.
My SE has a 5 speed smile

But your right, the trend for the SE is to be auto only.

I don't know why you would even be considering the SE when the offroad package is sitting there beckoning with all kinds of toys from the factory loving....

In playing with the '05 packages, offroad is the one for me this time!

#467557 - 27/11/04 01:20 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by booggerg:
But with its fancy electronic air suspension, your upgradeability is virtually 0. You're stuck with stock ride height (though bling bling kits will lower it a good few inches), which means no over-sized tires either.

I'd take a Discovery over it any day, simply for the dual solid axles.

#467558 - 27/11/04 03:32 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Here are some pics from the SF Auto Show on Fri.
Nothing new, but I got to say the '05 X looks way better in person than from pics I've seen so far. [ThumbsUp]

Click here for album

#467559 - 27/11/04 06:34 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by CCX:
Here are some pics from the SF Auto Show on Fri.
Great pics - two questions.

(1) they had an exposed engine and you didn't take a picture of the alternator location?!?

(2) was that nav system in the X or the Frontier?

#467560 - 27/11/04 08:38 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
CCX Offline

Quote:
Great pics - two questions.

(1) they had an exposed engine and you didn't take a picture of the alternator location?!?

(2) was that nav system in the X or the Frontier?

I should have labeled that Nav. shot, it's from a Pathy. There is no Nav. system for the X, (yet) a topo one would be too cool, but just the standard is $2K on the Pathfinder. frown

I'll have to look and check my pics about the altenator location (the card is at work, and I'm not). wink

#467561 - 28/11/04 06:28 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pictures from the Charlotte Car Show

Night Armor? - The Reps did not even know what the color was.

Nice Ass! laugh

[Wave]

#467562 - 28/11/04 06:47 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Interior shots are from the 05 Frontier and according to the Nissan Reps should be the interior that will be in the X. The Cargo picture is from the 05 Pathfinder, which again should be what will be in the X.

Controls

door

seat

cargo area

No more shift lever to engage 4WD

#467563 - 28/11/04 06:53 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Exterior looks comparison

My 2003 [Smoking]

#467564 - 28/11/04 09:19 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you all for the pics!!!

#467565 - 28/11/04 01:52 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
CCX Offline

Quote:
Nissan has pics of the engine on NissanNews- smile

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/nissan2005/pathfinder/800px/vq40_fr.jpg

Yep, the alternator is down low. frown

#467566 - 28/11/04 02:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

RC8,

No problem. I just figured out how to host and post pictures. [Freak]

I noticed your question on fuel economy on the 05 Xterra. Based on what I have been able to find out, it looks like the X should get about the same mileage as the Frontier, about 15/21 mpg with an Automatic. The Pathfinder will get about the same with a little more horsepower (270) and weight (4700 lbs) according to Nissan News. The X will have about 265 hp and weigh about 4200 lbs (up from 3900). 85 more horsepower and 300 lbs heavier than my 03 and about the same mpg (or better). Looks like it will be time to trade. cool

#467567 - 28/11/04 02:31 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

03Xterraman,

Thank you very much for the worries(and the pics(again))

Ok, Now I'm aiming for a 05!!!

#467568 - 29/11/04 12:47 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeye...thanks for all the cool pics. cant really tell about that color. but it looks very nice. i might have to consider that over the super black

#467569 - 29/11/04 06:46 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Would February just get here already! For me, I think Christmas comes in Feb. this year! laugh

#467570 - 29/11/04 02:12 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Kung Fu Jedi:
Would February just get here already! For me, I think Christmas comes in Feb. this year! laugh
i totally agree with u on that [ThumbsUp]

#467571 - 06/12/04 08:50 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Quote:
Originally posted by snowboardguy:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kung Fu Jedi:
[b]Would February just get here already! For me, I think Christmas comes in Feb. this year! laugh
i totally agree with u on that [ThumbsUp] [/b]
Bump!

It's boxyer doesnt seem as smooth from the pictures. will need more come-alongs now as well with higher weight. think they will move the alternator when we soak them all?

#467572 - 07/12/04 08:47 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Umm...This topic is a sticky at the top of the forum. No need to "bump" :rolleyes: wink

#467573 - 15/12/04 09:54 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stolen from here...

-----

Preview: 2005 Nissan Xterra
by Paul Williams

Austin, Texas - Texas is truck country, and the Nissan Xterra is definitely a "go-anywhere" type of truck. But arriving to find swollen rivers, flooded roads and submerged fields after six days of torrential rain in the Texas Hill country looked too challenging even for an off-roader with 9.5 inches of ground clearance.

Undaunted, Canadian auto writers did get to slosh through water and mud in 2005 Xterras, although a full review including driving impressions will have to wait until January, in anticipation of the vehicle's debut in March, 2005.

In the meantime, here's a preview of what you can expect from the latest Xterra.

Since its introduction in 1999, the Nissan Xterra has successfully maintained its image as a rugged, no-nonsense SUV favoured by an adventurous, younger buyer (post-college; early career, according to Nissan).

With the availability of Nissan's new F-Alpha frame (used in the Pathfinder, Titan and Armada among others) the company is continuing the distinctive Xterra theme for 2005, but based on this common platform.

However, the compact SUV segment is very popular in Canada, where people annually buy 120,000 of them. In order to preserve and grow sales, vehicles in this segment benefit from a strong identity that sets them apart from the competition.

Nissan Canada's marketing director Ian Forsyth says that even though the Xterra is in such a popular category, it has no trouble with identity.

"It's really in a segment of one," he suggests. "We sort of invented this category, and the Xterra really defines the type."

Helping to spread the word, enthusiastic Xterra owners have established clubs, clubs, websites, and events to showcase and feature their favourite vehicle.

Understandably, therefore, the 2005 Xterra doesn't stray from the original theme of affordable off-road capability with no "fluff." Nissan has refined the vehicle, taking advantage of the company's modular truck platform, but doesn't reinvent it.

Consistent with a similar trend throughout in the truck and SUV segment, power is up, as is size. Nissan executives now refer to the Xterra as both a "compact" and a "mid-size," SUV (mid-size is more accurate).

Under the hood, Nissan's VQ-40 V-6 engine takes over as the Xterra powerplant. This engine is designed for truck use, making 265-horsepower at 5,600 r.p.m. and 284 lb.-ft. torque at 4,000 r.p.m. You can match it to a five-speed automatic or new six-speed manual transmission, and tow up to 5,000 lbs.

The F-Alpha architecture upon which the Xterrra is built forms the basis for all of Nissan and Infiniti trucks and SUVs (except the X-trail). The box frame is not the same in every application, however. Depending on the vehicle, it can be shortened, lengthened, widened or made narrower to suit requirements. The use of high tensile and super high tensile steel increases rigidity and reduces frame weight.

The Xterra wheelbase is increased by 51-millimetres over last year's model, its length by 8-mm and height by 30-mm. The truck doesn't look particularly bigger from the outside, but the new structure permits an increase in interior shoulder, hip, leg and headroom for front and rear occupants.

The significant increase in rear seat headroom (58-mm) and legroom (91mm) deserves special mention. Overall, weight is up 74-kilograms to 1,939-1,995 kg, depending upon specification.

Three trim levels are available - S, SE and OR (off-road) - and all are four-wheel drive. The Xterra's part-time 4WD system includes 2WD/4H/4LO modes and an electronically controlled transfer case.

The exterior follows the Nissan truck family's grille and exaggerated fender designs, now unifying the full truck line. For the Xterra, the signature "kicked up" roof continues, and rear bumper sidesteps appear to help accessing the roof-rack with basket.

Another rugged exterior element is the use of fat, BF Goodrich, 265/75R-16 inch tires on six-spoke alloy wheels for the S and OR version. The Xterra SE gets 265/65R-17 inch BF Goodrich "Long Trail" tires 17" alloy wheels.

Xterra's interior features sculpted front bucket seats with available fold-flat capability. The 60/40 split, stadium-style 2nd row seating continues. There is no third-row.

The cargo area uses an easy-clean fibreglass floor and a "utili-track" channel system similar to that found in the truck bed of the Nissan Titan and Frontier. Metal hooks to hang gear and bags are liberally situated, as are bottle containers and storage compartments.

The dashboard features clear instruments and simple controls for the driver, and a dual glove-box that opens up and down to maximize storage space ahead of the front-seat passenger. A Rockford-Fosgate audio system with nine speakers, steering wheel controls and MP3 playback capability is optional.

Standard safety equipment includes anti-lock brakes with four-wheel discs, electronic brake force distribution and a tire pressure monitoring system. Side impact and side curtain airbags are optional.

Vehicle stability control is standard on the SE and OR versions, with the latter including underbody skid plates, a locking rear differential, hill descent control and hill start assist.

Fuel economy is the same or better than the previous model, requiring regular gas.

#467574 - 15/12/04 09:56 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pics from review above:

Page 30 of 39 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal