2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 22 of 39 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467350 - 16/08/04 11:34 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Howdy new guy here, currentlly own a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac that is currentlly in the shop getting a $1000 transmision job mad

so I am in the market and the 2005 Xterra looks like what I may go for ... any idea on color choices for the 2005? how do the transmissions hold up in Nissans?

#467351 - 17/08/04 09:31 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by 92Pathy:
The completely redesigned 2005 Frontier comes equipped with an available 4.0-liter DOHC, 24-valve V6 engine that is rated at 265 horsepower and 284 lb-ft of torque.
These new trucks are going to be quick! cool

I saw on another site a link to the 2005 Pathfinder manual.
Quote:
RECOMMENDED FUEL:
Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane
rating of at least 87 AKI (Anti-Knock Index) number
(Research octane number 91).
For improved performance, NISSAN recommends
the use of unleaded premium gasoline
with an octane rating of at least 91
Hopefully this will be the same on the Xterra. It will be nice to have a choice without worrying about doing damage to the engine because of the lower octane gas.

#467352 - 17/08/04 06:03 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Saw an 05 today on my way home from work. Driving south on the 101 in Scottsdale AZ I spotted something looking rather XTerralike, the back end was different, no more First Aid kit lump. All the badges were taped out, but that was the only masking they had done to it. I guess they are testing them here in Arizona.

I love the new front end. Away with those horrible Round headlights finally.

#467353 - 17/08/04 06:12 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
the back end was different, no more First Aid kit lump.
Then it wasn't an 05 Xterra... or you just didn't notice it.

#467354 - 17/08/04 06:30 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

They are doing hot weather testing in the Tucson testing grounds as we speak.

Also note though, that the Pathfinder is getting an upgrade as well.

See many differences?

New Pathfinder...

New Xterra...

and the First Aid Hump for the X...

No hump, no X.

Probably saw a new Pathfinder, it's smaller than the Armada, but bigger than an X (just a bit though).

#467355 - 17/08/04 06:39 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I emailed my local Nissan dealership today and they were not sure when they may receive them. Salesman said Nov or Dec ? I dont think he knew what he was talking about.

anyone hear anything?

#467356 - 17/08/04 06:39 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Maybe just me, but it seems like the xterra keeps developing a more overstated look every year.... Anyway, my take

Engine [ThumbsUp]
New roof rack [ThumbsUp]
Wheels [ThumbsDown] [ThumbsDown] [Huh?]
grille [ThumbsDown]
Pull-door handles [ThumbsUp]
Fenders [ThumbsDown]

#467357 - 17/08/04 06:56 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

agreed. You could also add:

gas mileage [ThumbsUp]

I'm sure mileage of new engine will be much better.

#467358 - 17/08/04 07:13 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Official release date is Feb. '05 at this time.

Dunno about the mileage. Bigger engine, more power, takes fuel to make power. But I wouldn't expect a decrease either.

Now if I find out if a supercharger from the 3.3 can fit the 4.0....

#467359 - 17/08/04 07:40 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/QUOTE]Then it wasn't an 05 Xterra... or you just didn't notice it.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Yeaa, quite possible I missed it. I first spotted the roof rack and thought. That looks a hell of alot like an Xterra, then noticed that the badge was off to the right hand side on the back. Then from the side there was no doubting that it was a X. It was black and had all of the badges, the badges were simnply covered up by what looked like black electrical tape. None of the usual added padding like we usually see on the test cars around here. The guy driving kinda smiled when he noticed how much attention I was paying it from my X.

Well this is Phoenix area, not that close to Tucson, it was heading South tho, so maybe heading back that Direction.

RiNkY

#467360 - 17/08/04 07:47 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by RiNkY:
Then it wasn't an 05 Xterra... or you just didn't notice it.[/QUOTE]

Yeaa, quite possible I missed it. I first spotted the roof rack and thought. That looks a hell of alot like an Xterra, then noticed that the badge was off to the right hand side on the back. Then from the side there was no doubting that it was a X. It was black and had all of the badges, the badges were simnply covered up by what looked like black electrical tape. None of the usual added padding like we usually see on the test cars around here. The guy driving kinda smiled when he noticed how much attention I was paying it from my X.

Well this is Phoenix area, not that close to Tucson, it was heading South tho, so maybe heading back that Direction.

RiNkY[/QB][/QUOTE]

I see a white 05 Xterra all the time now.. black front end with a loadwarrior on top. Ugly headlights, though. If they're not round, they're CRAP

#467361 - 17/08/04 07:51 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeaa, it was heading South on the 101 towards Chandler. I can't say I liked the switch to the round headlights. I know this has been discussed here before tho, so won't kick off that discussion again. I'd deffinately consider trading my 2000 (With square headlights) for the 05 and skip all the round headlight models smile

RiNkY

#467362 - 18/08/04 09:09 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Quote:
Originally posted by Poohdaddy:
I emailed my local Nissan dealership today and they were not sure when they may receive them. Salesman said Nov or Dec ? I dont think he knew what he was talking about.

anyone hear anything?
Nissan rep at the Xterra championships said they will start arriving at dealers in early January. Just saw it this last weekend, so if you have any questions I can try and answer them based on my observations on the latest prtotype.

#467363 - 18/08/04 09:51 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

What will be the scale in model ?

I see they have XE, Offroad and SE.
Will SE be a step up from Offroad, having all the Offroad has plus a few gadget ? Or will they be 2 different beast, one being a rock crawler and the other a mall crawler ?

#467364 - 18/08/04 09:56 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
buffalo Offline

They claim that they have not identified yet what models will have what or what the model names will be. there will be an offroad package/model with upgraded shocks and a rear locker, thats all they said maybe upgrade tires too.

#467365 - 18/08/04 10:21 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
CCX Offline

Loc: California
Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
They claim that they have not identified yet what models will have what or what the model names will be. there will be an offroad package/model with upgraded shocks and a rear locker, thats all they said maybe upgrade tires too.
A Nissan rep. said "rear locker", I don't think they have really said that before, that's big news if true. cool

#467366 - 18/08/04 01:52 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
buffalo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by CCX:
Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:
[b]They claim that they have not identified yet what models will have what or what the model names will be. there will be an offroad package/model with upgraded shocks and a rear locker, thats all they said maybe upgrade tires too.
A Nissan rep. said "rear locker", I don't think they have really said that before, that's big news if true. cool [/b]
We were at the Xterra championships in Big Bear and a few of us were grilling the Nissan reps about the 2005 while others were picking it a part looking in the back, underneath, under the hood and so on. right next to the push botton was a rocker switch that we weren't familiar with, the rep explained that it was for the rear locker. I guess that squashes that rumor.

#467367 - 18/08/04 02:54 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Nissan rep at the Xterra championships said they will start arriving at dealers in early January. Just saw it this last weekend, so if you have any questions I can try and answer them based on my observations on the latest prtotype.
Hi Buffalo! I wish I do have a chance to preview the 2005 Xterra. Do you have a chance to compare the height between the new and the existing model? Does it look exactly same as the one shown on NY Autoshow (according to the pics online)?

#467368 - 18/08/04 08:23 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Probably the same locker that's currently in the Titan. We've played with it as well.

With traction control off, and the locker engaged, oooooooohhhhhhhhh baby! laugh

#467369 - 18/08/04 11:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Here you go... the pics:

http://www.fototime.com/inv/3BDEB7677A45AFA

Enjoy. smile

#467370 - 19/08/04 11:10 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great pics. I think those give the best feel of what the new X is like, most others are too commercialized. I don't like the new interior at all. It looks to be more functional, but eww is it ugly. Just curious if your the one in the pics? and if so how does it feel when you drive it compared to the current SC models? Thanks again.

#467371 - 19/08/04 02:30 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
We weren't allowed to drive it. Some of the people there are fellow SCCX members (Southern California Club Xterra). Nope, I am not in any of the shots.

However, like message in the glove compartment said:
"Please Note: This is a pre-production unit. There may be differences in quality and performance in comparison to production vehicle sold." laugh

#467372 - 19/08/04 05:02 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
slamson00 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
So if the 05 Xterra is going to get the e-locker that is currently offered in the Titan....how good is the locker in the Titan?

#467373 - 19/08/04 08:31 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I found a better pic for the '05!!! laugh j/k

#467374 - 22/08/04 07:54 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by slamson00:
So if the 05 Xterra is going to get the e-locker that is currently offered in the Titan....how good is the locker in the Titan?
Well, it's a selectable locker, pretty much the same as any other. When it's on, it's locked...

And did you miss this just a few posts up?

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
Probably the same locker that's currently in the Titan. We've played with it as well.

With traction control off, and the locker engaged, oooooooohhhhhhhhh baby! laugh

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Page 22 of 39 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal