shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 14 of 39 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467150 - 09/04/04 05:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
panhandleX Offline

Loc: Panama City, FL
If I could just have the engine and new front suspension in my 02 I would be a very happy camper. I just prefer the original lines vs the new ones.

#467151 - 09/04/04 05:20 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
Quote:
Originally posted by panhandleX:
If I could just have the engine and new front suspension in my 02 I would be a very happy camper. I just prefer the original lines vs the new ones.
I feel the same way. Nissan really screwed up. I was getting ready to trade my 02 in for a 05, but after seeing it I just about puked.. [ThumbsDown]

#467152 - 09/04/04 05:49 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
We must be looking at different Xterras or something...

I think the ‘05 Xterra is a great leap forward. The styling kept everything we love about the current Xterra (i.e. roof-rack, bulges, stadium rear seats, rear-window design, off-road capability) and improved on engine power/torque, transmission, suspension design, and upgrade-ability (notice all the xtra switch blanks in the center console for lighting, compressors, and locker goodies).

Change is good. You gotta’ admit, the old Xterra design (especially the ‘00-‘01) was looking dated among its competitors. Nissan, keep it up. It looks like you've got another success on your hands!

#467153 - 09/04/04 05:57 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by altima:
I feel the same way. Nissan really screwed up. I was getting ready to trade my 02 in for a 05, but after seeing it I just about puked.. [ThumbsDown]
You really might want to see it in person first before writing it off :rolleyes:

Really, it isn't that different. I'm not crazy about the rear steps, but they certainly aren't a deal breaker. And I'm not thrilled with the chrome front grill either, but it's not a deal breaker - It still looks like an X. the new roof rack is a definite improvement up front. Personally the new powertrain more than makes up for the slight changes on the outside (and we knew there would be some changes, it is after all a total redesign due to the guts literally changing out). I was just thrilled it still looks like an X - look what Ford did with the Taurus, or Honda did with the CRX (can we say Del Sol tanked sales?).

Besides, the grill should get covered with an aftermarket bumper, right? [Wave]

I would highly doubt that the rear badges are going to stay as they are. Hopefully they will change for the better - they wouldn't even let us see inside so this truck is not final by any means (but the grill is - Nissan is quite clear they consider it "brand unifying"). Then again, Nissan does read these boards, and I bet they are reading this thread with much intrest - enough to change the front due to some comments on a message board? I guess we'll see...

#467154 - 09/04/04 05:57 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
BTW, nissanusa.com has the '05 Xterra up on their website now.

#467155 - 09/04/04 06:02 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
I actually prefer the Nissan corporate grill; so much so that I almost put one from a Frontier onto my Xterra when I replaced the grill. That said, it's the pattern I like and I think on the '05 it's a little bigger than it needs to be. The only thing up front that really turns me off though is the '02 - '04 style bumper, but that's easy enough to get rid of. laugh

Otherwise, I'm in love and hope to somehow manage to have one! laugh laugh

#467156 - 09/04/04 06:12 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
The whole thing about brand unity with the common grilles across the model lines... from the Armada to the Xterra to the Frontier... I think it is a good idea.

They're trying to establish a brand identity... that when you see the headlamps and the grille, you think of Nissan... kinda like the way BMW, Mercedes, and Jeep have long established in their models, and how other automakers are trying to move toward as well (Dodge, Chrysler, Hummer, to name a few)

I like the Xterra... I like the new and the old... I like the way the new maintains the old feel, and yet updates it...

#467157 - 09/04/04 06:16 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Man, it looks REALLY bad in silver.

edit:

BLACK GRILL! I'M SOLD. OK, I have no gripes now. I will be getting an '06 or '07, dark grey or granite (depends on what colors) 4x4. Now, let's see if I can NOT tear my 4x2 up in the meantime...

#467158 - 09/04/04 06:34 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
I will be getting an '06 or '07, dark grey or granite (depends on what colors)
Ok, on colors you would like to see (they were asking) - anyone remember the dark grey metallic that was on either the Frontier or Maxima around 1999/2000?

The base was almost, or was black. The metallic was a silver fleck. It looked totally awesome, a really dark charcol color. I always thought the Xterra would have looked great in that color.

The other color I liked was the original pre-production prototype (1998 San Diego auto show). The color was kind of a cross between Sedona and Trophy Bronze (again, metallic). They never offered it frown

#467159 - 09/04/04 06:47 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
[b]I will be getting an '06 or '07, dark grey or granite (depends on what colors)
Ok, on colors you would like to see (they were asking) - anyone remember the dark grey metallic that was on either the Frontier or Maxima around 1999/2000?[/b]
YES. If they made that I would have to wax it every day because I would nut all over it.

#467160 - 09/04/04 06:56 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

You know what it desperatly needs is plastic trim around the fenders, and it's too bad they did away with the plastic piece behind the front wheel. Those that go offroad will get pretty beat up fenders, so they should at least offer some trim to go around there.

#467161 - 09/04/04 07:02 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
panhandleX Offline

Is the third brake light still low or did it get moved up? I can't quite tell from the pics I've seen.

#467162 - 09/04/04 07:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

I think they moved it up to the top of the window, which is good for the tire carrier crowd! laugh

That was just a guess based on the shape of the rear window. The bulge is bigger, so it would push the light off to the right side unless they mounted it up over the top of the wiper, but that would be dumb.

#467163 - 09/04/04 07:06 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
panhandleX Offline

Well, only six months left to pay on mine. Very tempting. Guess, the more I see it the more I like it. Especially in the silver.

#467164 - 09/04/04 09:51 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
mineralblue Offline

Quote:

BLACK GRILL!
Ooh... that black grille is NICE.

#467165 - 09/04/04 09:55 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Something about that angle makes it look bad with the larger fenders.

#467166 - 10/04/04 07:59 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
mineralblue Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
BTW, nissanusa.com has the '05 Xterra up on their website now.
Lots of nice pics and a flash presentation on that site... [ThumbsUp]

#467167 - 10/04/04 08:26 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
blizzard Offline

Loc: Yarnell, AZ.
Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Something about that angle makes it look bad with the larger fenders.
[B][/B]
It just looks bad from any angle..

#467168 - 10/04/04 08:49 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

RE: Rear brake light - if you go here:

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/v/fuv/fuv_xterra_gal_lg01.html

The only place it could be is at the top now smile

#467169 - 10/04/04 09:05 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

RE: Factory locker - if you look at this pic

http://www.nissanusa.com/m/cma/v/fuv/fuv_xterra_gal_lg02.html

the second button from the right isn't very detailed, but that kinda looks like a drivetrain graphic in the middle with perhaps an on/off graphic on the top and bottom of the switch (rocker style) - factory locker??

The second button from the left is not the rear window defroster - it's still with the AC controls. No idea what it could be.

Funny that on the Nissannews.com site, on the high res version of the picture the buttons are blank

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/nissan2005/xterra/colour/13_2005_xterra.jpg

Yet the second from the right has little ridges on it indicating fealers for a rocker switch, that matches the button text from the first picture. They probably photoshopped out the text on the Nissannews picture (bastards!) smile

EDIT: I just noticed in the first pick the key is now in the dash instead of the steering column...

#467170 - 10/04/04 09:41 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by NismoXse02:
On a side note, why in the hell did they still not put the spare on the back? mad
I'd be willing to bet that 98% of all people never touch their spare, that's why. On the back it would get in the way of the rear hatch and people hate that. Hardcore enthusiasts are in the minority.

I'm sure another aftermarket bumper will appear. At least it looks like the rear brake like moved to the top.

#467171 - 10/04/04 09:45 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
blizzard Offline

Loc: Yarnell, AZ.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by OffroadX:
I'd say a decently-equipped 4x4 manual will probably come in around $24-26K.
[B][/B]

Oh come on Brent, I'll bet that decently-equipped 4X4 manual will set you back atleast $30,000.

#467172 - 10/04/04 09:52 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I hate the back end of it why did they have to put all the signs everywhere? its so ugly!

#467173 - 10/04/04 09:56 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

30k US for a 4x4 manual? That's pretty steep for the Xterra. One the main reason the Xterra got the props it got was because of its reasonable pricing. At 30K+ it doesn't seem like much of a deal anymore (sort of like the 4Runner V8). I surely hope they don't price it up that high or force bundle option packages such that the final cost gets up there!

#467174 - 10/04/04 10:00 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by blizzard:
Oh come on Brent, I'll bet that decently-equipped 4X4 manual will set you back atleast $30,000.
Let me be the first to call ... B.S.

Page 14 of 39 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal