shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 18 of 39 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467250 - 19/04/04 05:43 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Adalbert Offline

Loc: Muskoka ,Ontario - Canada
What about the rear seat bottoms. Do they still come out to make the vehicle better for sleeping in? I saw 1 pic of them and looks like the 05 rear seat cushion is hinged in place and flips up. Can anyone confirm?

#467251 - 19/04/04 06:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Seat cushions will no longer come out. That was one of the biggest complaints with the current Xterra and Nissan did something about it. True they were handy for sleeping, but that's about it. Not sure how it all works in the new one, but the front passenger seat (maybe driver's too?) folds down totally flat to mesh with the rear cargo area. There was a picture somewhere in this thread I think.

#467252 - 19/04/04 06:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
It doesn't look like you need to take them out, the rear seatbacks fold all the way down flat if I'm looking at it right.

#467253 - 19/04/04 07:23 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

A'la the Honda Element.

I hate the french.

EDIT -Wow, I never thought I'd start a page 30.

#467254 - 19/04/04 07:50 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Yahoo! Auto has a nice writeup and video on the 2005 Xterra.

#467255 - 19/04/04 07:55 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Also an interview with Shiro Nakamura on the Xterra Design: LINK

Then look under "Interviews and Special Features" (at the bottom).

#467256 - 19/04/04 08:12 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by Snoopy:
Also an interview with Shiro Nakamura on the Xterra Design: [b]LINK [/b]
He called it a car 3 times [Freak]

The video in the first link you provided confirms the rear seat cushins fold up automatically, and are attached permanently now.

That rear under cargo area is huge! Bye bye rubbermaid!

The drivetrain looking button is still there on the 6 speed version of the X, so it can't be VDC - locker? smile

#467257 - 19/04/04 10:18 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

From the Yahoo article, it said

"Four-wheel-drive versions will use a multimode transfer case that offers two Hi/Auto/4Hi/4Lo modes for maximum flexibility in varying conditions."

AUTO MODE? That sounds like the current system found in the Pathfinder. If it has that, then it could mean that the xterra have a center differential that is lockable. Is that true? I have always thought this was a part time only 4wd system.

#467258 - 20/04/04 07:18 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yeah, Yahoo is a real credible source of info...

Only the Pathfinder has all-mode, the X and Frontier are part-time (with an always-locked center "diff")

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467259 - 20/04/04 07:45 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Can somebody post the pics from that yahoo article, especially whatever relates to the interior? For some reason i can't view them and I 'm at work so I can't download flashplayer. Thanks. smile

#467260 - 20/04/04 11:28 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by OffroadX:
Yeah, Yahoo is a real credible source of info...

Only the Pathfinder has all-mode, the X and Frontier are part-time (with an always-locked center "diff")
The prototype I sat in had an all-mode setting, but it also had a rea locker switch and obviously they may have dropped both since then. I wouldn't be suprised if they at least package it with the higher trim levels though. They still have 8 months to play around with things before production starts!

#467261 - 20/04/04 01:36 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
If the all-mode were still in consideration, they wouldn't have specified that it's part-time in the info released so far. They've nailed down a lot of the spec already, including the major mechanical things, and the final spec will be fixed next month according to the people we talked to in NYC. I don't see it happening.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467262 - 20/04/04 05:19 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Adalbert Offline

Loc: Muskoka ,Ontario - Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
It doesn't look like you need to take them out, the rear seatbacks fold all the way down flat if I'm looking at it right.
So because they stick up above the load floor, you cannot lay down and stretch out- unless your a midget! Looks like I just have to keep the '01.

#467263 - 20/04/04 06:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the AUTO-MODE of any real use? How does it actually manages torque between front and back? Or is it just an open center diff? I hope that by not offering it in the Xterra but on the pathfinder, they can justify some price differential and make the Xterra cheaper.

#467264 - 20/04/04 09:06 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Adalbert:
Quote:
Originally posted by TremorX:
[b]It doesn't look like you need to take them out, the rear seatbacks fold all the way down flat if I'm looking at it right.
So because they stick up above the load floor, you cannot lay down and stretch out- unless your a midget! Looks like I just have to keep the '01.[/b]
THAT'S a deal breaker? Also, the rear cargo area is bigger. And you can use those seat cushions as pillows. Sheesh, you square-headlight guys sure have a dose of it, lemme tell you! [LOL]

#467265 - 20/04/04 10:32 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Another bad thing about a fold flat seat (without removing the cushions) is that the seat has to be built lower, loosing the stadium seating, which is really cool to have.

#467266 - 20/04/04 10:45 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

What? It's still there. Look closer.

#467267 - 20/04/04 11:13 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

Well, I'm sure if you need them to come out bad enough they will! They go in somehow, so they must come out! laugh Personally, I'd be happy to have them fold properly...I can never figure out where the hell to put mine when I pull them out for cargo! Can't count how many times I've had to set them on the front passenger seat or on the floorboard.

#467268 - 21/04/04 12:55 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
-------------
-------------
We interrupt this post for a test of the jesus-christ-your-all-slow-on-the-uptake system.
-------------
-------------

OK three easy steps to a fold flat 01-04:

1. remove seat cushions.

2. as if sitting in the seat take the seat cushion and hold it out in front of you with the ass touching part facing you... thick end toward floor, now set it on the floor in that position and fold the seat back down pinning it between the headrest of the rear seat back and the back of the front seat.

3. repeat for the other cushion.

(i figured this out in the first time i took the cushions out... before i even purchased the Xterra)
-------------

just to help out any other people having trouble with simple problem solving:

to carry long items(12' step ladder for example):

1. remove passenger side rear seat cushions and place it on driver side rear seat(for this you can't place it in the normal spot)

2. remove front passenger seat head rest, place on rear driver side seat.

3. recline front passenger seat all the way back.

4. fold passenger side rear seat back forward.

its not quite flat but it gives you a hell of a long area to carry those longer items. this one took me a little longer to figure out, maybe a week or two... i first posted these tips on here about a year ago when i realized that no one else had apparently noticed this.

-------------
-------------
This conclude this test, we now return you to your regularly scheduled reading...
-------------
-------------

#467269 - 21/04/04 01:07 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ChuckH Offline

Doesn't work if the people up front are tall! If I fold down the back seats, the headrest is touching the back of my seat so there's no way the cushion will fit in there! Will work on the other side with one cushion though usually. Also, sometimes I take things out of the cargo area and put them ont he rear seat floorboard to make room for large items in back. So, that area is already full of crap and the seat cushions have no home.

ANyway, my point wasn't that I can't find anyplace to put them, it's that it's an annoyance and really kinda dumb.

#467270 - 21/04/04 08:46 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Yah, that doesn't always work. I usually leave my cushions at home when I go camping.

#467271 - 21/04/04 10:00 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
PDXterra Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
"In the event of a water landing, your seat bottom cushion can be used as a floatation device..."

#467272 - 21/04/04 10:04 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I bungeed the rear cushions in the gear basket but it was a sunny day with no threat of rain.

#467273 - 21/04/04 10:22 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
I bungeed the rear cushions in the gear basket but it was a sunny day with no threat of rain.
What did you use to scrape the bugs off and beat the dust out? :rolleyes:

#467274 - 21/04/04 02:14 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by pnwbeers:
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueSky42:
[b]I bungeed the rear cushions in the gear basket but it was a sunny day with no threat of rain.
What did you use to scrape the bugs off and beat the dust out? :rolleyes: [/b]
It was a short trip.

Page 18 of 39 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal