shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 23 of 39 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467375 - 23/08/04 08:49 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got the 2005 Xterra info package from Nissan over the weekend. It doesn't have anything that hasn't been seen/mentioned here. I did notice on the photo showing the new 4WD system selector that they used the one with the AUTO mode. :rolleyes: Seems like by now they would know what they are putting in and then choose the right picture, that is unless they are giving the customer the option. confused

#467376 - 23/08/04 11:22 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
maximusdelirious Offline

Loc: Lake Mills, WI
Stupid question - When selected, because it is electronic, is that locker truley locked or is there the same drawbacks as automatic 4x4 in the current model? Also no winch in the 4x4 package? Also if it has the same drive train as the Titan won't the locker be debugged by the time the 2005 releases?

#467377 - 23/08/04 11:33 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
The switch with the AUTO position was probably just borrowed from the Pathfinder, but I don't think that it has absolutely been ruled out that the Xterra could offer all-mode...

As for the e-locker, it's 100% locking and I don't think there's any debugging needed, haven't heard of any issues w/ it on the Titan. It's certainly compatible with an all-mode transmission.

You're kidding about a winch, right? Not even the Rubicon offers a winch, the Xterra sure as hell won't, not to mention there's no place to put it.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467378 - 23/08/04 11:47 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
maximusdelirious Offline

I know it's a pipe dream but I was kinda serious. What about the rear mount reciever plate? Or at least the hitch and plate. I'd spring for the winch if I had a place to mount it. Anything is better than a come-a-long. [Spit]

http://www.warn.com/truck/mounting-systems/multi_mount.shtml

#467379 - 23/08/04 01:50 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know part of the fun of an all-new model is talking about what will and will not make it on the final model. But d@mn, this suspense is killing me! :p

I just keep wondering what the fuel economy will be like (oil at almost $50/barrel [Uh Oh !] )

#467380 - 27/08/04 10:06 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
Quote:
Originally posted by maximusdelirious:
I know it's a pipe dream but I was kinda serious. What about the rear mount reciever plate? Or at least the hitch and plate. I'd spring for the winch if I had a place to mount it. Anything is better than a come-a-long. [Spit]

Perhaps Nissan should look at the Unimog, and put a PTO driven winch in the front; and maybe a backhoe and snowplow attachment ... laugh

Forget it, unless the winch is to upright that blown over soccer goal [ThumbsDown]

#467381 - 27/08/04 11:09 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I don't see them offering anything like any sort of winch plate, special reinforcing for a winch or any sort of PTO. wink

I think we'll have a hard enough time getting Calmini to make any sort of front bumper look right on the new X. It'll be hard, for sure.

#467382 - 31/08/04 06:40 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
maximusdelirious Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RJ:
Quote:
Originally posted by maximusdelirious:
[b]I know it's a pipe dream but I was kinda serious. What about the rear mount reciever plate? Or at least the hitch and plate. I'd spring for the winch if I had a place to mount it. Anything is better than a come-a-long. [Spit]

Perhaps Nissan should look at the Unimog, and put a PTO driven winch in the front; and maybe a backhoe and snowplow attachment ... laugh

Forget it, unless the winch is to upright that blown over soccer goal [ThumbsDown] [/b]
"Announcing the all new 2005 Nissan Xterra, Everything you'd like and nothing you don't need, or wouldn't buy, if you had the money."
All New 2005 Nissan Xterra Demo Video eek Takes a few minutes to load but the wait is worth it!

#467383 - 02/09/04 10:42 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned, you can configure the 2005 Xterra in the future vehicles section at www.nissanusa.com .

After going through myself, some things I noticed:

Currently No 6 speed offered on the SE..?? confused I thought the 6 speed was going to be available on all trim levels.

VDC will be available only on the AT until April of 2005 when they will offer it on the 6 speed. :p

Hill descent and hill start available only on the AT.

Prices they have, although not final, look great!

Have fun. laugh

#467384 - 02/09/04 10:52 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

You can't get a manual transmission on an SE now, I'm not surprised the same might be true for the 05.

And: "Please note that final model and options as well as vehicle pricing will only become available at time of launch. Dealer sets actual price."

Brent

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467385 - 02/09/04 10:57 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
panhandleX Offline

Loc: Panama City, FL
That Night Armor color looks interesting. And the Offroad version dosn't come w/ step rails. Just noticed that too.

#467386 - 02/09/04 11:13 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Locking rear diff is part of the Off-Road package.
Ack, looks like the Off-Road trim is available in 2WD. That's disappointing...

#467387 - 02/09/04 11:35 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it just me, or does "Granite" look a lot different? confused Looks like a shade of silver to me.

#467388 - 02/09/04 11:43 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nissan Must be kidding me! Crap, I tought they had promised that 6-Speed Manual & 5-Speed Automatic transmissions will be available on ALL trim levels thru different articles or their Autoshow. mad

I've been waiting so so long for this Xterra instead of replacing my pathfinder by a 4Runner earlier this year just because of this manual transmission they said they would offer! I'm not impressed by this empty promises! I should have been enjoying a new truck by now. [ThumbsDown]

What the heck are they doing? [Argue] confused

#467389 - 02/09/04 01:15 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

You're kidding, right? You mean to tell me that the manual transmission is so important to you, but whatever froo-froo stuff the SE trim includes is more important? Puh-leeze...

#467390 - 02/09/04 01:59 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
I'll have to see it in person to be sure, and at first I thought I just needed to get used to the new look. But from the first pics until now, one thought has been consistent about the '05: it's just plain downright fugly. [ThumbsDown]

#467391 - 02/09/04 02:21 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by 92Pathy:
Nissan Must be kidding me! Crap, I tought they had promised that 6-Speed Manual & 5-Speed Automatic transmissions will be available on ALL trim levels thru different articles or their Autoshow. mad
Dunno, the offroad trim is the only one I am interested in:

Standard Features
• 6-spoke 16" Alloy Wheels
• Enhanced 4x4 capabilities (Locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), high performance Bilstein Shocks and unique final drive gear ratio)
• Fold-down passenger seat (plenty of room for long items)
• Power windows, locks and mirrors

and it comes with the six speed! In a couple years, I may have a new X smile

Looks like you can add all the SE stuff... or the stuff that matters to offroad...

Cool!

As for the black armor color, I wonder if that is the black/grey metallic color that was on the early frontier's/Maxima's that I loved... could Nissan have listened??? Can't wait to see a better swatch in the brochure or in person....

#467392 - 02/09/04 02:42 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Too many dull colors....how about a blue color?

Im still probally get one. looks like I would go with Granite or Canteen, Red Brawn maybe, depends what it looks like in person

#467393 - 02/09/04 02:58 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nisfan:

Hill descent and hill start available only on the AT.
I speced an offroad trim 4x4 manual with hill descent/start...

#467394 - 02/09/04 03:06 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
I have to wonder if something is screwy on their site (since it's sort of beta).

Hill descent has no use on a manual, hill start does. Vice versa with an automatic.

#467395 - 02/09/04 03:13 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by xoc:
I have to wonder if something is screwy on their site (since it's sort of beta).
could be. I hope that isn't all the color choices...

Quote:
Hill descent has no use on a manual, hill start does. Vice versa with an automatic.
That's what I thought, but I figured I would let someone who knew for sure comment on that smile I'm just happy to see the factory options and the acknowledgement of offroading in general....

#467396 - 03/09/04 06:28 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess Xterra's dont come with leather ?

#467397 - 03/09/04 06:31 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Poohdaddy:
I guess Xterra's dont come with leather ?
Prepare the fire-suits! Someone is about to be flamed!

#467398 - 03/09/04 06:40 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
TremorX Offline

Loc: Waycross, GA
What a piece of shit. [Wave] Nissan!

Ah well, at least you can get the Off-Road package without wasting money on 4WD.

#467399 - 03/09/04 09:39 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by jerseydevi1:
Quote:
Originally posted by Poohdaddy:
[b]I guess Xterra's dont come with leather ?
Prepare the fire-suits! Someone is about to be flamed![/b]
I would take that as a no ... I guess hard core off road vehicles dont need leather, they should have seats made of burlap.

Leather is comfy, and I like it, so flame on

Page 23 of 39 < 1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal