2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 29 of 39 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38 39 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#467525 - 07/11/04 06:32 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Maybe it's just me, but that rear quarter looks like ass.
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#467526 - 07/11/04 06:54 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
PrimeX Offline

Loc: Houston, Tx.

Wow, that is seriously fugly.

[ThumbsDown]

#467527 - 10/11/04 03:09 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Mobycat:
Maybe it's just me, but that rear quarter looks like ass.
It's not just you. The round indents under the front door handles look goofy too. But...wish I could put the '05 front end on my '02. Oh well.

#467528 - 10/11/04 03:17 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
I just wish I could put the '05 engine in my '01.

The front and rear fenders and wheel wells are HUGE. I dunno, the contrast of the silver and all that black plastic...just doesn't look right.

The rear bumper is about 1/4th of the entire rear end surface area. I know there is a bajillion times more updated technology and features in the new X, and the engine would give me a chubby ,but the bumper and fenders don't hit their mark in their attempt to burly up the X.

#467529 - 10/11/04 08:13 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
That piece of plastic trim really looks out of place on the bottom, and that rear door just doesn't look right.

Hopefully it'll look better in person. But I seriously thing Nissan is overdoing some of their new vehicles.

#467530 - 11/11/04 08:04 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Bitch, bitch, bitch... It kicks the current one's ass, even if you have some issues with some of the design elements. Even if it were as butt-ugly as the original Aztek, I'd get one...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467531 - 11/11/04 10:12 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by socalpunX:
The front and rear fenders and wheel wells are HUGE.
They were made larger to allow for larger size tires - something that is bitched about on this and other boards constantly.

Nissan listens, incorporates the desires of the enthusiasts and then gets bitched at because the new vehicle is different

:rolleyes:

Bunch of freakin' old women, I swear.....

here's an idea, withold judgement until you actually see the new X - it really doesn't look that bad in person. I can overlook a few cosmetic blemisihes (will be peeling that logo off the bulge first thing tho!) for all the new goodies that are there (factory rear locker - need I say more?!?!)

#467532 - 12/11/04 01:20 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
RJ Offline

Loc: 100 Mile House, BC
No one ever bitches about the capabilities of the new X; on or off road, it beats the current gen hands down.

But you'll have to admit that Nissan is going more towards the love or hate look with their new vehicles.

Almost everyone agrees the current X looks good. The current Pathy also looks good, though conservative. The current Fronty looks alright too, though not everyone love it. One thing for sure though, no one HATES the looks of any Nissan till the new Murano, Maxima and Titan came out.

No doubt some will love them, but some can't even look at it. This pretty much goes for all new Nissans except the X-Trail.

A lot of the body panels are more than just functional though. If you just want large fenders to tuck in larger tires, then just enlarge it internally, no need to exaggerate it on the outside like the new X.

I'm not bitching about the X, in fact, I've said many times that I like the vehicle overall, and will probably buy one given enough cash. But the look of the new X no doubt falls into the "love or hate" category.

If you belong to the love type, then good. And maybe you should stop bitching about others that fall into the hate category.

#467533 - 17/11/04 06:13 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm a bit speculative of the reliability of the '05 model. The initial reliability of the Titans and Quests have been horrible. They've attributed it to the new plant they're building this vehicles at, and unskilled new workers. The Pathfinder and Xterra will be built there as well. There's a potential that reliability problems will plague the Xterra also.

#467534 - 17/11/04 06:22 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by hattrik21:
[QB]
Cluthc bypass switch.
Yo what's with that nasty skin? I can see it loosing its tension around the button and it's actually peeling in the back!!!

Also, I'm not a fan of the new door panel. Waaay to simplistic.. And it's ALL esaily scaratchable plastic. It would good to have a cloth insert, to break down that bland surface.

#467535 - 17/11/04 06:29 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Quote:
Originally posted by booggerg:
Yo what's with that nasty skin? I can see it loosing its tension around the button and it's actually peeling in the back!!!
Pre-production interior. I don't know of any 05's that have been shown with final interiors.

#467536 - 17/11/04 07:07 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

hopefully the door panels will be upholstered

#467537 - 18/11/04 04:55 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
altima Offline

Loc: Michigan
That door panel looks like something american engineers would do. Ugly as shit. Only thing the new X has going for it is the 4.0 liter engine, other than that the 00-04"s look better.

#467538 - 18/11/04 05:31 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually, all the new nissan interiors has been shitty. If that door is as we see it, then the Xterra is right up there with them.

THIS IS JUST NAST feels like youre sitting in a cheap european econo box.

Why can't Nissan take a hint from the Honda Element interior? Give us an Xterra with no carpeting!!!!

#467539 - 18/11/04 08:30 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yeah, the Element interior is sweet, rubber floor, WATERPROOF seats. Nissan missed the boat on that one...

Otherwise, I don't mind a "cheap" interior...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#467540 - 18/11/04 10:02 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yea the interior is horrible. they need to change it to something like the pathfinder with the better trim

#467541 - 18/11/04 10:30 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by swingline:
yea the interior is horrible. they need to change it to something like the pathfinder with the better trim
Do you want to pay an extra $5000 for a nice interior that's just going to get dirty ?

The Xterra always was, and still is, a back to basics SUV.

#467542 - 20/11/04 04:45 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just found out today that there is going to be a car show in Charlotte,NC at the Convention Center. I plan on going down to see if the new 05 Xterra will be there. :p I went to the web site about the car show and it listed the manufacturers but it did not list the vehicles. If they have one, it will probably just be one of the prototypes and not exactly like the production model though. [Crybaby]
I will check it out and post about it on Sunday night.

#467543 - 21/11/04 02:35 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got back from the Charlotte car show and they had an 05 Xterra on display. Of course they would not let you near it. [Crybaby] They had it roped off and you could not see the inside. The color was a darkish grey-the Nissan help was not sure of the color. I thought it might be the "night armor" color but they could not verify it. All they said was that it was a pre-production color. I have some pictures if anyone is interested or I can e-mail and somebody could post here.

#467544 - 21/11/04 03:01 PM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
Anonymous
Unregistered

According to the Nissan help at the car show the Xterra will be very similar to the inside of the Frontier (They had an 05 on display). The seats are very nice in comparison to what we have today. The doors are like a rubberized plastic of some sorts. Looks good though. The controls, radio, and shift compartments look nice but not overly fancy. The cargo area will compare to what is offered on the new Pathfinder-no carpet- versatile and easy to clean. I noticed the roof rack was about the same size as it is now and that there was about a good 1" or 1 1/2" on each side of the rack. Showing that the Xterra is definetly wider. Also, the Frontier brochures are showing 265 HP and 284 torque and 6000 lb towing capacity. The Nissan Rep says that the Xterra will be set-up about the same. laugh Although, all they can give out is 250+ and that it looks like the end of Feb before they will be out. Overall the 05 looks are very impressive with subtle changes but keeping the overall looks the same. [Too much XOC]

#467545 - 22/11/04 12:46 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
Not sure if someone already discussed this or that it's even of importance, but does the 05 Xterra have its second Motor Trend SUV Of The Year award in the bag, or what?

The 2005 has already gone to the LR3, but maybe 2006?

#467546 - 22/11/04 12:55 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
XOC Offline
Admin

Probably not. Their award is by model year, and the 2005 Xterra will probably not be eligible for 2006. I doubt [Rainbow] Motor Trend will ever give the SUVOTY award to anything that deserves it based on the last few years. All they care about is luxury.

#467547 - 22/11/04 02:01 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
ClaptoVaughn Offline

Loc: Southern California
By 05 I simply meant that particular generation, not 05 for the 06 Award.

But anyways, I agree on the Motor Trend comment. At least they knew what they were doing in 2000 smile .

#467548 - 22/11/04 03:20 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
XOC Offline
Admin

Quote:
Originally posted by ClaptoVaughn:
By 05 I simply meant that particular generation, not 05 for the 06 Award.
Motor Trend only allows new vehicles, or vehicles with a significant upgrade, the 05 Xterra will be neither when their next awards roll around.

If they had any fucking brains, they would wait to do the awards when the year starts, instead of 3 months early.

#467549 - 22/11/04 06:33 AM Re: Where are the 05 pics?!
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
I read the Motor Trend SUV of the year article... and the tester whined about the Pathfinder's Rugged Trails... how they were they only serious offroad tires among the bunch, but they handled the worst among the bunch as well...

DUH... Motor Trend is missing the point...
I've stopped really caring about the Motor Trend awards.. they reward cushy plush minivans disguised as SUVs... :rolleyes:

Page 29 of 39 < 1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 38 39 >

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal