shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#469022 - 27/06/07 11:53 AM A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love my new 07 X Offroad (about 10K miles) but this is first summer and I find the A/C is a bit weaker than expected. is this true of this model or is something wrong with mine?

#469023 - 27/06/07 12:29 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, I have an 06 and the AC is not as good as I would have thought. My GMC Sonoma was better, and my Eclipse would make my hair form icicles.

#469024 - 27/06/07 01:03 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i agree as well

#469025 - 27/06/07 03:39 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Nissan must have installed lightweight AC units for you guys in the northeast. My A/C works great in Texas.

#469026 - 27/06/07 03:45 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

110° outside today, I must admit - it's not as strong as the AC in my first Gen X, but it gets the job done.

#469027 - 27/06/07 04:13 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i've been having trouble with mine.... it comes on sometimes and sometimes it don't .... did it for awhile then just stopped ... crossing my fingers that it won't happen again..

#469028 - 27/06/07 07:47 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought mine was weak too - Now I put it on max and after 15 min set it lower. It seems to take that long to cool the interior.

#469029 - 27/06/07 08:49 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have not had any issues with my a/c, and traveling through the hottest areas in mexico. i find my self always thanking nissan for my kick ass a/c-specially when i touch the windshield and you can fry an egg on it. to those who dont do this, always turn off your a/c before you turn your car on.

#469030 - 27/06/07 09:52 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I often think my AC is too strong. Down here in Florida with temps in 90's and humidity over 50%. I don't need to turn the dial past the first fan speed without my @ss freezing off.

#469031 - 27/06/07 10:13 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I keep thinking the AC seems weak, at leat compared to the Corolla I had before. On the other hand, the AC has a really big area to cool down,comparatively, and it's pretty freakin HOT here! Also my X is dark, and that adds to the problem.lj

#469032 - 28/06/07 06:04 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My AC is weak. And this week with high humidity and temperature it cannot keep up. Pisses me off.

Forces me to drive the honda with ice cold AC this week.

#469033 - 28/06/07 06:21 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really wonder if it's what you are use to.

All the people who say the A/C kicks ass are all from very hot places where they are use to being hot. Those of us in the north east have the problem where we are use to 30º temps in the winter and 90º temps in the summer. I know when it's 90º out, I would rather be in A/C that is 65º which is never going to happen.

#469034 - 28/06/07 06:35 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

’05 – A/C is great, but is depends on engine RPM, when in idle no cold air, need about 1200RPM for the clutch to catch on the compressor.

#469035 - 28/06/07 08:28 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, my 05's AC seems wimpy. I've gotten in the habit of using the MAX setting pretty much all the time these days.

It works eventually but takes a while. Once cool, it *maintains* the temp well, but getting it cool after sitting in the sun seems to take a while.

#469036 - 28/06/07 11:19 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My 06 seems fine. It's been really really hot here in Toronto the last week or so and I just set it to MAX A/C and she's cooled down within about 5 minutes and I have to turn it down to the 1 setting. Sure it takes a bit longer to cool down but it has a larger area. The only thing that I miss from my last 2 vehicles was the auto climate, which is a great feature. If they had at least added a couple of vents in the passenger area of the truck it would probably help alot.

#469037 - 29/06/07 05:44 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a problem with my A/C after only 3000 miles. I let my "X" sit for 9 weeks while I was on deployment and I got back to find the A/C didn't work so I took it to Nissan and they found a condenser leak and replaced the condenser (under warranty).

#469038 - 30/06/07 11:56 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mine is quite strong and will freeze me out if its above the first fan speed after the X has cooled off a bit.

And I never bother turning the A/C off before I start the engine. That's an old myth.

-Mark

#469039 - 01/07/07 10:25 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's been in the 90's here. Very dry air. A/C on '7 X OR w/auto, Red Brawn works fine compared to the 40+ other vehicles we have had including Towncar, BMW, Toyota, Honda, etc.

#469040 - 01/07/07 10:29 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

P.S. my wife suggested opening the sunroof.

She's helpful that way.

#469041 - 01/07/07 02:39 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The guys who aren't satisfied with the AC should try tinting the front windows. It definitely helps keep the cabin cooler.

Tint the windows as dark as is legal in your state. In Utah, we can only go 50% for the fronts, but even that signifcantly helps keep things cool inside.

-B.

#469042 - 01/07/07 07:54 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by B.:
The guys who aren't satisfied with the AC should try tinting the front windows. It definitely helps keep the cabin cooler.

Tint the windows as dark as is legal in your state. In Utah, we can only go 50% for the fronts, but even that signifcantly helps keep things cool inside.

-B.
I wish I could but any tint on the front windows is illegal here. [ThumbsDown]

#469043 - 01/07/07 08:22 PM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If anyone suspects their a/c just isn't cooling like it should can check it themselves for the cost of a digital or analog thermometer that can read from say 30 degrees F on up. Not one used to check human temperature.

Step 1. Find out what the outside air temperature is for where you are. Weather.com. national weather service etc. Make note of the temp.

Step 2. Close windows, start your X and put your a/c blower on 4, make sure you have the air source set to recirculate, and make sure your temp controller is all the way on cold.

Step 3. Insert the thermometer into one of your vents, preferably one of the center ones and rev the motor up to maybe 2500-30000 rpm.

Step 4. Note the temperature on your thermometer of the air coming out of the vent. If your air conditioner is blowing air that is 20-25 degrees(30 degrees lower than OAT in a perfect world would be ideal)lower than outside air temp, your vehicle's a/c is working fine and is doing as good as it can.
Example if it is 85 degrees outside and your X is blowing conditioned air from the inside vents is between 55-65 degrees, you are good to go.

Without a/c gauges, this is the next best way to troubleshoot a/c problems. On the helicopters I work on, they use an A/C system very similar to a car, down to a Sanden compressor. After we service our aircraft with a weighted charge of R-134 we use the thermometer method to double check cooling efficiency. Hope this helps.

#469044 - 05/07/07 11:07 AM Re: A/C wimpy?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah, the x's ac isn't the coldest. I suspect they use a smaller compressor to save weight and load in the engine (4Litter lol)...to boost the MPG on the sticker. Nothing beats a GM AC, but then again the x's doesn’t blow out ever other year either.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal