shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#471931 - 13/11/06 06:59 PM Genk Mirror comp/temp display very dim at all times
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Guys. Please dont flame. I did search, and dont think that anyone has had a problem like that yet. At least not that they posted. I just finished installing GENK21 mirror. Its a Temp/Comp/Dim mirror. My problem is that the display is very dim. It is way more than what I think it should be at night time driving. I've had donnelly before, and saw what others pictures look like, and mine is no where close to them. Exampe is beetlebaily's install. It also does not change with the lights on/off. It is constantly very dim. Other than that, everything works.(i'll verify tomorrow) Did I hook something wrong, or is the mirror not functioning properly? Is that a sign that someone maybe had in the past, that gave away that the mirror is giving up? I did properly tap into the hot wire, and think that I found a good solid ground. Although, that is my only doubt. Would a flaky ground cause it to be this dim. I would think that it would flake on/off. Please respond at your earliest convenience. I would like to return it, if it is going bad. It is way too cold right now to keep digging in the truck, and I feel a cold comming up, so any help is greatlly appreciated.

#471932 - 14/11/06 04:02 PM Re: Genk Mirror comp/temp display very dim at all times
Anonymous
Unregistered

Got a piece of tape covering the "eye" in the back?

#471933 - 20/11/06 12:09 PM Re: Genk Mirror comp/temp display very dim at all times
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry for the late response. No I do not. But I am leaning towards the mirror not working properly. I noticed that at times, when making a sharper turn from the South direction to the East, the compass will stay in SE or S, even though I am driving Ease. This happens at least once per day. I will give the calibration one last try. If it does not work, I will ship it back for replacement.

Moderator:  defibvt, fastdrmr, socalpunx 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal