2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#474724 - 14/11/06 08:41 AM Noob - thinking of an XTERRA - Need a push...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello All,

I'm currently in the process of selling my car. A 2001 Nissan Maxima. And em thinking of the XTERRA. I will be honest and the only reason I am thinking of the XTERRA is because I got a postcard from my local dealer offering me a 1000 over NADA for my car. This amount is more than what I am currently selling it for so I think I should take advantage.

I was originally thinking about getting a used 4Runner (2004-2005). With this new development a 2006-2007 XTERRA is possible.

I have done the research but want to hear from the owners as to which way I should go. I do alot of camping in the summers and get alot of snow in the winter so I want a no nonsense SUV with a go anywhere mentality. When I hit the parks, I don't want any obstacle in the way of the perfect campground. I also want a descent ride on the roads. The 4Runner met all my requirements. Will the XTERRA? Seems like a yes... Is space an issue? Two kids and camping equipment OR two kids a wife and luggage to visit grandma in Providence during a blizzard.

Your insights are extremely appreciated...

#474725 - 14/11/06 10:30 AM Re: Noob - thinking of an XTERRA - Need a push...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Wave] Welcome

You'll probably find the Xterra suits your needs perfectly. It has plenty of room, without being too oversized for trail use.

The 4Runner is a great truck too. When I bought my Xterra, I was deciding between a '01-ish 4runner or '02+ Xterra. I decided on the Xterra, and I could not be happier. (Since then my wife also got one, and I got a second one for my work).

The Second Gen X's (05+)are very nice, pretty decently powered, and include some great features over the 1st gens.

Go test drive! (but bring your checkbook, because you won't want to leave the testdrive without the truck)

Also, stop by and say hello at the Upstate NY Xterra club
http://www.unyxterra.com

#474726 - 15/11/06 08:06 AM Re: Noob - thinking of an XTERRA - Need a push...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The Xterra's are definitely no nonsense. I just picked one up a week ago and so far am loving it.

It has plenty of space. I haven't had 5 adults in it yet but I did have 4 good sized ones and the two in back mentioned on a few occasions that they had plenty of room. In fact the guy behind me kept saying I could put my seat back even though there was no need for me to do so (I'm 6'1").

I have two dogs so I really like the all plastic/rubber cargo area. No worries about wet dog smell getting stuck in the carpet. Once I get my hands on the roof cargo basket it will carry two adults, two kids, two dogs and all our gear.

The 05's and up have plenty of power both high and low. I have put about 500 miles on it so far and have no complaints about the ride. It is definitely a truck, but it still rides very well for what it is. It also does well cruising on the freeway.

The only negative so far are that the stock stereo is not very good. Maybe I was just spoiled in my last car. I did however get an 06 S so I didn't get the Rockford Fosgate setup. Also, it's a bit plain on the inside. It's very utility oriented and there is plenty of storage, but it's pretty much a radio, a shifter and 3 big knobs to control the temp. But based on your description that's what you are looking for.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal