2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#4795 - 11/09/06 05:40 PM So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ordered a set of floormats, a few spare 12V outlet covers, and a removable ashtray for spare change (no smoking for me :p ) I am pleased with how well the transaction went, however, this made me chuckle.

my packing slip - note it says 00-04 Xterra:

the packaging the ash tray came in:

So did I miss the memo about Nissan and Ford buddying up [LOL]

#4796 - 11/09/06 06:23 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
[Huh?]

#4797 - 11/09/06 06:36 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
GrayHam Offline

"Shenanigans!"

#4798 - 11/09/06 07:01 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

[Freak]

#4799 - 11/09/06 07:16 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

At least when it gets recalled you'll know why. [Too much XOC]

#4800 - 11/09/06 07:19 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was gonna order some stuff from them but they're shipping prices are rediculous. i was ordering a touch up paint pen, and those plastic peices that hold the carpet on the back seats up.

prices are great...then add $9.99 shipping to that, my total was going to be $25 with shipping. [Huh?] [Huh?] [Huh?]

#4801 - 11/09/06 08:39 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by steelX:
i was gonna order some stuff from them but they're shipping prices are rediculous. i was ordering a touch up paint pen, and those plastic peices that hold the carpet on the back seats up.

prices are great...then add $9.99 shipping to that, my total was going to be $25 with shipping. [Huh?] [Huh?] [Huh?]
The dealer here I go to wanted almost $100 for the floormats and $15 A PIECE for the 12V caps...was cheaper to go through xterraparts.com for me anyway.

#4802 - 11/09/06 08:53 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

yea.. wanna guess how much it cost me to ship my Calmini shackels to Hawaii...... $42

#4803 - 11/09/06 09:44 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by xterra in HI:
Quote:
[b]i was gonna order some stuff from them but they're shipping prices are rediculous. i was ordering a touch up paint pen, and those plastic peices that hold the carpet on the back seats up.

yea.. wanna guess how much it cost me to ship my Calmini shackels to Hawaii...... $42[/b]
[Huh?] [Huh?]

#4804 - 11/09/06 11:18 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Paul H Offline

Loc: Mt. Zion, IL
The price you pay for beauty laugh

#4805 - 12/09/06 12:00 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ever looked at a nissan quest and mercury villager? You should notice a resemblence. So i wouldn't be suprised if they shared stuff in other places.

#4806 - 12/09/06 03:41 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
ChuckH Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yep, not the first time Nissan and Ford have been in bed together, and if Ford gets their way it may not be the last. Seems Ford wants that alliance with Nissan that GM has been looking into.

Ever seen the Dodge Caliber? It has parts from Mercedes, VW/Audi, Nissan, and others, and it's built on a Mitsubishi platform.

I am surprised they slipped up on the packaging though!

Edit: Just ocurred to me that's the ashtray that fits in the cup holders, right? Someone at Nissan probably just figured out one day that Ford had one that fit!

#4807 - 12/09/06 12:18 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by ChuckH:
[QB]
Ever seen the Dodge Caliber? It has parts from Mercedes, VW/Audi, Nissan, and others, and it's built on a Mitsubishi platform.
Daimler Benz has owned Chrysler since 1998-99 and Chrysler and Mitsu have been "in bed" for years. My friends with Eclipses always got pissed when I told them they had Japanese Neons [LOL] Eclipse and Neon shared the same motor (and the problems that came with it...I owned a Neon so I know that all too well).

Quote:
I am surprised they slipped up on the packaging though!

Just ocurred to me that's the ashtray that fits in the cup holders, right? Someone at Nissan probably just figured out one day that Ford had one that fit!
Me too. It is the cupholder ashtray, a generic one, so my guess is it can go in almost any vehicle. If Courtesy Nissan didn't have one, perhaps Ford across the street did, not uncommon for dealers to get parts from each other. I ordered Toyota dash pieces for a friend through Dodge once....saved him $800 (his Toyota dealer was trying to rape his wallet).

#4808 - 12/09/06 12:26 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
GrayHam Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by KatWoman:
My friends with Eclipses always got pissed when I told them they had Japanese Neons [LOL]
Mitsubishi Eclipses and Eagle Talons were pretty much the same car, weren't they?

#4809 - 12/09/06 08:43 PM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by GrayHam:
Mitsubishi Eclipses and Eagle Talons were pretty much the same car, weren't they?
Yep. They, along with the Neon, had the same 2.0 DOHC motor. I'm not sure what the new generation Eclipses have, I quit keeping up with that once my Neon was gone.

#4810 - 13/09/06 07:34 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

Has anyone else noticed that the Ford Escape seems to be modeled in many ways after the Xterra? The roof racks are almost the same, the available colors are very similar and from the front it looks much like the pre '02 X's.

Or maybe I just need glasses. [Freak]

#4811 - 13/09/06 08:00 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
GrayHam Offline

I always thought the Xterra has a lot of styling clues from the Land Rover Discovery.

The humped roofline.
The exaggerated roofrack.
The notched shape of the rear window.

#4812 - 13/09/06 10:22 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

I pulled up to a convienence store, pulled into the last space by a fence, just after a Ford truck had left, I then saw a removable cup holder laying on the short cement wall that the fence was on. I picked it up and it was the exact same one that fits into my 2002 X.

Not sure if it cam from the Ford Truck, but maybe they use the same stuff?

#4813 - 13/09/06 10:44 AM Re: So I ordered from Xterraparts.com
Anonymous
Unregistered

wat da heck..

haha..
ford...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal