shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#481601 - 16/10/06 09:45 PM Another guy in an Xterra in DC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey guys,
I've been looking for an SUV for a few months and have finally made a purchase. I'm involved in a few other online car forums and know what a wealth of knowledge they can be, so I thought I'd post here and get to know the gang.

My Xterra is a 2006 SE 4x4. I was also considering an FJ Cruiser but the Xterra far surpasses that vehicle in power, appearance and price, so I'm very happy with the purchase. Paid $100 over invoice from Tischer Nissan in Laurel MD. Vehicle is equipped with the Sirius radio, tow package, airbags, automatic transmission, steprails and splashguards. The main purpose of the Xterra will be daily driving while pulling double duty as a track car support/tow vehicle, so I hope the towing performance is adequate.

I love modifying my other vehicles and couldn't resist the temptation here. I have ordered a brushguard along with some Hella lights to mount on it, as well as the tail light guards, a clear bra and a few other odds and ends. I'm looking at replacing the speakers, there don't seem to be too many options for upgrading the speakers on the Rockford system - does anyone know of any component sets that will plug and play replace the OEM door speakers? Also looking at some high quality HID lights - not crappy knock offs. Are there any kits?

Overall, I'm very happy with the vehicle and my purchase and I hope to be a member here for a very long time!

#481602 - 16/10/06 10:59 PM Re: Another guy in an Xterra in DC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome to the Xterra Offroad Club! [Wave]

but I'm afraid you will have to get with the program and scrap your plans. You really will have to lift, SAS and install new bumpers on your truck, and go offroading.
... don't know what I am talking about...you will soon enough... [Spit]

anyways - welcome [Wave]

#481603 - 17/10/06 07:32 AM Re: Another guy in an Xterra in DC
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
[Wave]

#481604 - 17/10/06 08:54 AM Re: Another guy in an Xterra in DC
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome [Wave]

#481605 - 17/10/06 08:57 AM Re: Another guy in an Xterra in DC
jerseydevi1 Offline

Loc: Yorktown, VA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by SE4X4:
Welcome to the Xterra Offroad Club! [Wave]

but I'm afraid you will have to get with the program and scrap your plans. You really will have to lift, SAS and install new bumpers on your truck, and go offroading.
... don't know what I am talking about...you will soon enough... [Spit]

anyways - welcome [Wave]
[Spit]

too true...welcome aboard...and duck. The natives get a bit restless if you don't offroad, but they are a (mostly) decent group

#481606 - 17/10/06 03:04 PM Re: Another guy in an Xterra in DC
Anonymous
Unregistered

howdy from Hagerstown [Wave] i think i saw in the new gen forum where somebody did an HID kit on a new one. not sure if its a true HID or not though. if not, just get some silver star bulbs.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal