shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48441 - 17/01/02 09:15 AM NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
LOCHS 2 Offline

I want to thank you guys for all of the posts regarding the S/C. I too will be posting as I experience any notable experiences, issues, problems, and of course any upgrades. Anywho, I have the ride in for rust-proofing, acid rain protection, scotch(TM) guarding and such (Illinois has some rather nasty salt compound for the roads and admit it) Nissan also admits that there can be issues underneath as the years roll on. So, my point is that thanks to your mention of the service engine soon light after stomping in the passing lane and the kill to 2000, etc. I told the dealer about the TSB and he took care of it! I'm in the break-in period (670 miles) and haven't gone over 3,500 RPMs (not easy as I've had a few impatient & angry looking tailgaters) or even 65 MPH. Also, the sales manager & service manager have been enticing me to do the sport muffler since I bought the X a week ago today. They bought the one muffler for inventory but haven't had any S/C buyers until now (small Nissan dealer with only 3 n/a X's on their lot) and mine came from Bales Motors in Louisville, KY in a dealer trade. I digress, as I notice on the corp web page that it has "improved horsepower". Can't guess how much but I'm sure I'll notice the "throaty sound" right? Polished Aluminum should look cool.

I know, a fool and his money are soon departed, but I'm very excited and obssessed with the ride and I'm working for a reason other than savings account accumulation.

Thanks again guys......

#48442 - 27/01/02 10:17 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
Jeremy P Offline

Loc: Va
Just curious if anyone thinks that the sport exhaust is worth it from nissan. I just purchased a 2002 sc/se and Iam curious if the exhaust will give more power and how much. If anyone has advice or experience i would really appreciate it

thanks

#48443 - 28/01/02 01:14 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
cboehl Offline

Loc: Reston, VA, USA
I currently have the nissan sport exhaust installed on my '01 se. I like the looks of the exhaust plus the nissan replace the h pipes with new stainless ones. So you need not worry about it rusting. As for the horsepower well I thnik there is some more there but not a huge noticeable difference. Now you might notice more on the sc but I dont know. Then the sound is a slight rumble that I personally like but some may think it is to loud, considering the X is not all that sound proff. Hope this helps a little.

#48444 - 28/01/02 05:03 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
Happy Birthday xterrapin Offline

Loc: San Francisco
The Nissan (Dynomax) performance exhaust was the first accessory I had installed, it was on before I left the lot. Personally, I like it; especially on the Supercharged. You get the whine of the S/C up front, under the hood and the grumble of the exhaust in back. The combination of the two makes it pretty cool! Horsepower increase? Maybe, but I doubt it. Hope this helps.

#48445 - 28/01/02 06:35 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
LOCHS 2 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cboehl:
the sound is a slight rumble that I personally like but some may think it is to loud, considering the X is not all that sound proff.

I loved the initial sound when I fired her up the first time but was surprised on the drive home from the dealer as it was much louder than the stock exhaust. I can't attest to the 'fore and after decibel level but it was louder than I expected under acceleration. I thought oh, @#$%! What have I done!...but it grew on me and now that I've made it to 1,000 miles and have gunned it a bit...I too love the sound of the s/c and exhaust tone combined. At high speeds though--road, wind, and tire noise drone out the effect. There doesn't appear to be any excess vibration in the cabin and I don't notice any performance difference at low rpms...and I never did go past 3,500 during the break-in period so I can't compare at higher rpms. I assume there is less restriction and easier flow with less back pressure...if this adds up to more bhp or lbs/ft of torque than there is something extra I guess.

confused

#48446 - 28/01/02 08:44 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
With the Nissan Sport Exhaust and a SLR intake the engine revs a lot easier. There was no loss in low speed power. Accelerating in traffic or merging onto the parkway is much better. I can avoid down-shifts (manual trans) on steep hills. There has not been a drop in mpg but if I really pushed it I suppose there would be a little.

dave and xtoy - improved laugh

#48447 - 29/01/02 04:19 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
RickW Offline

Loc: Tampa Florida
Appreciate sharing info on Nissan system, and wondering if any of you "reset" ECU by disconnecting battery.

#48448 - 31/01/02 12:00 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
yellow-Xdude Offline

Loc: Bradenton, Fl
Where did everyone purchase their Nissan exhaust? I'm thinking my local dealer is going to be way overpriced!! How much should I pay over the $335 wholesale price?

#48449 - 31/01/02 12:17 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
Tom G Offline

Loc: AZ
I think I paid 375...so $40 over invoice.

I didn't disconnect thebattery at that time, but have since. do you think it makes any difference to reset it???

#48450 - 31/01/02 01:24 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
mummer43 Offline

Loc: Pottsville, PA
How do you get the sport exhaust? Do you go through the dealer, or do yo have to get it elsewhere? How much louder is it? Is the tip plain, or is it polished? Is there a website where I can see a picture of it?

Also, can anyone give an opinion on the best aftermarket exhaust? Gibson, Borla, Nisaan? I know they don't give much, if any extra hp, but I'd like to get one.

[ 01-31-2002: Message edited by: mummer43 ]

#48451 - 04/02/02 12:15 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
Tom G Offline

#48452 - 05/02/02 10:26 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
LOCHS 2 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LUV2-4x4:
Nissan Cat Back Pics

Thanks LUV2-4x4 smile
I saw these pics in the Archive before I decided to get the Nissan...I like the side exit and the more understated "dull" chrome-like polished finish. FWIW I spent $550 out-the-door.

#48453 - 05/02/02 11:01 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
mummer43 Offline

Loc: Pottsville, PA
Can you get thise exhaust at your dealer?? Does anyone know of any for sale on the web?

#48454 - 05/02/02 11:22 AM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
Tom G Offline

They should be available through any Nissan Service Desk...I think you will pay a lot for shipping - the box is HUGE.

#48455 - 05/02/02 05:34 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
mudflap Offline

Loc: Rockville, Maryland
One of the XOC advertisers, XterraParts.com IS a Nissan dealer, Courtesy Nissan, in Richardson, TX. Add me to thier list of happy customers.

#48456 - 26/02/02 07:50 PM Re: NISSAN SPORT MUFFLER
xterrasd Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
I paid $365 for my Nissan Sport exhaust. Mossy Nissan in El Cajon.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal