2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#484547 - 14/06/06 08:25 AM question on repairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

I recently bought an Xterra, and having problems with the air conditioner and hubs. I purchased a warranty through Daimler Chrysler, because this is where I purchased the used Xterra. Now its at a Nissan dealership, and supposedly they will cover major repoairs. But I'm being told these problems aren't covered under my contract.

Problem: broken hub
Warranty: FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE (4x4): Transfer Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axle Shafts; Axle Shaft Bearings; Drive Shafts Assemblies (Front and Rear); Drive Shaft Center Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes; Disconnect Housing Assembly; Seals and
Gaskets for the listed components only.

Problem: blower resister
Warranty:AIR CONDITIONING: Factory or Manufacturer authorized air conditioning installations only. Air Conditioning Compressor, Clutch, Coil, Condenser, Evaporator, Receiver-Drier, Expansion Valve, Hoses and Lines, Low Pressure Cut-Off Switch, High Pressure Cut-off Switch, Clutch Cycling Switch, Instrument Panel Control Assembly, Power Module, Air Conditioning/Heater Blower Motor; Seals and Gaskets for the listed components only.

#484548 - 14/06/06 08:28 AM Re: question on repairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

If someone can help me make sense of their warranty and the repairs that are needed, I'd appreciate it. thanks in advance.. Kris

#484549 - 14/06/06 09:08 AM Re: question on repairs
Anonymous
Unregistered

What you probably got from Chrysler is a service plan and not an extended warranty (I've been through that before) and they would not cover much at all.

I don't really have any more details for ya but just read carefully what they cover and what they don't. I'd call them as well.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal