2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#484783 - 05/01/06 04:04 PM Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, first off great sites, you all seem extremely knowledgable and helpful.

But I have a few questions...I would like the manual transmission, but can only get it in the S, or Off Road, why is that...but there is more.

I would also like to get XM built in factory, but you cannot get it in manual transmission for some reason??? Well atleast it wont let build it that on the Nissan site.

I would go for the Off Road, with manual and RF with XM, I think you can do that but not sure, but I will not get the full potential out of the Off Road, would not be doing a lot of off roading if any...

Anyone else discover this? And how did they rectify it?

#484784 - 05/01/06 04:23 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My guess on AT only on the top trim line is because most people do not want MT especially those inclined to buy more luxury (as it were on the X) items on their vehicles.

If you do not plan on spending much time off road get the S trim, in 4X4. You don't need the locker if you are not pushing the envelope some. But 4X4 comes in handy quite often and you will be amazed at what the X can do even without the locker.

Get an X! Join the fun! cool

#484785 - 05/01/06 04:31 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right, I am leaning towards the S, MT...but the XM factor. I enjoy XM, didnt think I would like paying for radio, but its actually worth it...I bet the people were probably saying the same thing about TV when it first came out though too, that they never pay to watch, but we all have cable now...

Why wouldnt they offer it in the S (the XM) or the RF to boot, besides cost?? It shouldnt be any difference in wiring or room with the MT? Strikes me odd

#484786 - 05/01/06 06:07 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought my 2005 X @ Thanksgiving and had been looking at it for 2 weeks.

2005 Off-Road Manual Transmission 4x4
I've got the Rockford Fosgate uber stereo with the sub-woofer and all that. It also has the built-in XM radio that all I had to do was call up the number and activate it. 3 months free on new activation. It also has the VDC and locking rear diff but I believe those are both standard. It's also got the auto-dimming mirror with the compass. Protections package which includes the thick rubber floor mats accesory kit, & first-aid kit. It also had the wheel locks and steering wheel audio controls.

The setup you're looking for does exist, on a 2005 model. I'm not sure if you can get that type of setup on a 2006. Once I find my 2005 booklets that I picked up before purchasing the vehicle, i'll let you know.

B.

#484787 - 05/01/06 07:17 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Right when you build it on Nissan's site, you're building a 2006, so that may be so, I mean it actually not much more for the OR rather then the S, but really has things I dont need... so I am bit confused what to do...

#484788 - 05/01/06 07:37 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

You might have to play around with the Nissan web site a bit. I noticed when I was building my '06 that if I wanted side air-bags it made me take the RF that I didn't want. But later when I added the mud flaps it took away the RF. confused

#484789 - 05/01/06 07:40 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please get the S trim, as 6-spd OR X' are difficult to come by. It's better spent perhaps on an enthusiast.
Just be sure it's 4wd [ThumbsUp]

#484790 - 05/01/06 08:09 PM Re: Potential buyer with questions...any advice?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thats what I want, but if hang out enough on this board, I might turn into an off-roader, but it would go to better use for someone else...finding mine, or atleast what I want seems to be getting a little differcult.

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal