2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#485423 - 10/07/06 09:42 PM needed advice from the people who know
Anonymous
Unregistered

allllllllrighty
i have a stock xterra 2003 that craves the mud(pics below)
im in the process of ordering a 3" calmini suspension
31" tires? what kind?
need advice on wether i should get an arb bumper or just a grille guard
also would like to know how to get spotlights for my roof rack
other needed advice would be nice to know for a kid who loves to go offroad but doesnt know much about it

can you take your doors off an x?

-pat

#485424 - 10/07/06 09:50 PM Re: needed advice from the people who know
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok..Here goes.... eek
A lot of your questions are personal taste and depend on what you want to conquer with your X. Use the search function as there are TONS of ideas, pros and cons..etc... to all of your questions.Read read read..!!! As for the doors...Yes they come off, as do all doors. They are NOT made to come off and on and off again easily like some other brands. You COULD leave them off if you are using your X in only nice weather.. Your BEST bet is to join one of the clubs in your area (Scroll down to the club arena and look around)in order to learn the tricks of the trade so to speak! cool

#485425 - 11/07/06 05:19 AM Re: needed advice from the people who know
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Pat,

You may have noticed under the replies to your pics that you may want to adjust your X's info under your screen name ie the "Back to the Future" references. There are great people here on this forum but they do like to have their fun! As Bios mentioned there is a ton of information available on all the topics that you are looking for to help make decisions on mods. Once you search and see what other people have said or experienced, then you may have to ask questions to clarify your needs or what you'd like to accomplish.
For example, on 31's, search under "Tires, Wheels and Brakes". I typed in 31 for a search criteria and found over 25 previous posts. Also, there are some handy sticky posts there to help with what fits, what will hit, back spacing, etc.
Under "Parts and Accessories" I typed "grill guard" as the criteria. Clicked search and there are 150+ previous posts. One of the previous posts will explain that a grill guard may not be a good idea.
I'm sure you get the idea of what I'm talking about. Welcome to XOC, good luck with your mods and if there is anything I can help you out with, don't hesitate to ask me.

Barry [Wave]

#485426 - 11/07/06 06:32 AM Re: needed advice from the people who know
Anonymous
Unregistered

i see you're from VA and there happens to be a VA club at www.vaxc.org. where are you in VA? im about a half hr north of winchester.
[Wave]

#485427 - 11/07/06 10:10 AM Re: needed advice from the people who know
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Hi!

I large part of the advice needs to include WHY you are modifying it.

You can fit 31's w/o a lift for example...its only a tiny bit larger than the stock tires.

You don't want a brush guard, at all.

A real metal bumper, like the ARB you mentioned, would be much much better.

Also consider for example:

www.shrockworks.com

www.TJMBumpers.com

Sliders are a great first mod too, as you really need them to off road.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#485428 - 11/07/06 09:50 PM Re: needed advice from the people who know
Anonymous
Unregistered

Welcome! excellent intro. I learned more from your post about searching than from lurking and joining.

Enjoy your X

Moderator:  socalpunx, TJ 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal