2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#487331 - 31/01/07 08:09 PM Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys,

Do any of you have LoadWarrior roof basket by Yakima? If so, would you recommend one?

Thanks,
/v

#487332 - 31/01/07 08:20 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

yes i do, and yes i would.

#487333 - 31/01/07 08:24 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

X2.

#487334 - 31/01/07 08:52 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I really want one too. I'm guessing a 33" tire would fit up there? If anyone could post a pic of a 33 in the basket, that would be excellent...I'm just a little curious to see how it looks.

#487335 - 01/02/07 07:34 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not that it matters much, seeing as they are owned by the same company, The Thule basket is preety sweet to . Its called a Play Pen.

#487336 - 01/02/07 11:40 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTom6565:
Not that it matters much, seeing as they are owned by the same company, The Thule basket is preety sweet to . Its called a Play Pen.
Yakima and Thule are owned by the same company? Really? You sure about that?

#487337 - 01/02/07 11:45 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have a Load Warrior, it's great! Make sure you get the net for it too. I also have my bike rack up there too.

#487338 - 01/02/07 12:16 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

is $175 a good price for the load warrior, extension kit, & net? it was used a lot but is in decent shape. I found one for sale here locally so I can just pick it up. What did you all pay?

#487339 - 01/02/07 12:38 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SupaXSE:
is $175 a good price for the load warrior, extension kit, & net? it was used a lot but is in decent shape. I found one for sale here locally so I can just pick it up. What did you all pay?
Um, yeah!
http://www.xterraparts.com/Merchant2/mer...ode=999R2-Y7070

#487340 - 01/02/07 03:15 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by BigTom6565:
I have the Thule MOAB basket. It's very similary to the Loadwarrior, but I'm pretty sure Thule and Yakima are not owned by the same company.

#487341 - 01/02/07 07:44 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've got the Load Warrior with extension. On the 2nd Gen you won't be able to open the gear basket but I don't use it anyway. And get the net.

#487342 - 01/02/07 09:33 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've had the LoadWarrior for about 5 years on a couple of different 4x4s, but recently switched to a Thule M.O.A.B. basket...it's not called the PlayPen anymore...they changed that about a year or so ago...maybe more. No, they're not the same company...but a lot of their accessories and mounts work together...for example, my Thule M.O.A.B. mounted up perfectly to the Yakima crossbars....the shovel/axe mount "almost" fit the M.O.A.B. I had to "tweak" it a little to get it to work...otherwise, yes, you can use many other Yakima bike and ski/snowboard accessories with the Thule baskets with no issue. I like the looks of the Thule basket better, and the basket is a little deeper as well.

Here are some shots of the Thule basket on my Xterra:

#487343 - 02/02/07 05:25 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the Yakima Loadwarriar spare tire mount on my Thule MOAB, and it fit fine without any tweaks.

#487344 - 02/02/07 08:17 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dave I love your truck. That is close to what I had in mind for mine and I think I am slowly getting there. Nice work.

#487345 - 03/02/07 09:58 AM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave03X:
I've had the LoadWarrior for about 5 years on a couple of different 4x4s, but recently switched to a Thule M.O.A.B. basket...it's not called the PlayPen anymore...they changed that about a year or so ago...maybe more. No, they're not the same company...but a lot of their accessories and mounts work together...for example, my Thule M.O.A.B. mounted up perfectly to the Yakima crossbars....the shovel/axe mount "almost" fit the M.O.A.B. I had to "tweak" it a little to get it to work...otherwise, yes, you can use many other Yakima bike and ski/snowboard accessories with the Thule baskets with no issue. I like the looks of the Thule basket better, and the basket is a little deeper as well.

Here are some shots of the Thule basket on my Xterra:

NICE!!!!!

#487346 - 03/02/07 01:27 PM Re: Yakima roof basket (LoadWarrior)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks guys...I love it as well laugh It's getting somewhat of an "overhaul" in the next month or so...some exciting stuff going on with the rear bumper/tire carrier (custom fab work)...going to be something never before done on an Xterra...also, different tires, and just some rehab on the front end (new steering components, new t-bars, just overall better quality stuff as my front end is sloppy as a mofo). Was going to SAS, but now that's been put on the back burner indefinitely because of our recent news of a 3rd child on the way...so priorities of course have to be considered.

I was wondering whether the Yak. Tire Carrier fit the Thule..not that I'd use it, but I was just wondering for info sake. Glad you got it to work out Anthony [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal