shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48743 - 25/02/06 09:39 AM Transfer Case Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is the transfer case from the 00/01 Xterra similar to the transfer case on the 86.5-95 Pathfinder?

I'm asking because I'm basically looking for ways to make the X more powerful. I know most of you are fond of the lines "if you want something fast, why buy an X" or "if you want more power, buy a 05/06 X" - however I don't want to do either of those, I've owned 2 GTRs and a 300ZX, I want an Xterra and I want it to have some OOMPH too.

Anyway, originally I was thinking about a Nissan Diesel swap (more torque, easy to tinker with), but quickly realized it would be a large pain in the ass to get everything required. Then I went on to thinking about how much power I could squeeze out of a VG33ER (after realizing how restrictive the intake/exhaust is and that it doesn't allow the supercharger to breathe very much). I'm still considering this option, but the bang for the buck factor isn't too attractive.

So, now I'm thinking about an SBC into the X... and I noticed that AC sells the t-case adapter plate for the 700R4 tranny (86-95 pathy). SBCs are a dime a dozen around my area so it would be a reasonably inexpensive swap.

Thanks for reading all the rambling/background information... if this thread doesn't get much action in here, I'll repost it in Performance - as it deals with engine swaps.

Thanks in advance guys (and gals).

Cheers!

#48744 - 25/02/06 07:42 PM Re: Transfer Case Question
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Yeah, the 86.5-95 V6 uses essentially the same TX10A transfer case as the 99-04 V6 Xterra/Frontier. They're fully interchangeable.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#48745 - 26/02/06 09:52 AM Re: Transfer Case Question
Anonymous
Unregistered

So it's safe to assume that the transfer case adapter from AC would work on the X t-case?

That's good news because I wasn't looking forward to getting my own designed/built.

#48746 - 27/02/06 08:29 AM Re: Transfer Case Question
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
No reason it wouldn't work.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal