2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#48829 - 21/02/02 12:58 PM New Spark Plugs and WIRES for the Xterra...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
After a couple hours of searching the web, and a few phone calls later, I was able to locate manufacturers for performance plugs and wires. First the plugs, after talking to a technical advisor from NGK, he came up with a part number for their iridium IX plugs #BKR6EIX, which happens to be one step "colder" than what comes stock (hence the "6" in the part number, stock is "5"). This plug has a copper core with an iridium tip. The electrode even has a "V" shape to help make a stronger spark, and will last just about as long as a platinum plug. The best part is these can be had at just about any Carquest, Pep Boys usally without placing a special order, or you can get them for $9.29 ea at www.racesearch.com . Now the wires, I located a company call Aurora Ignition Wires www.auroraignitionwires.com which sells a set of 8.5 mm performance wires (part #95606 for those without Adobe) for our Xterra's. If you act before Feb 28th, you'll get 10% off the $78.00 American, with FREE shipping to boot! laugh

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#48830 - 21/02/02 01:10 PM Re: New Spark Plugs and WIRES for the Xterra...
Carlton McMillan Offline

Loc: MN
They have some major issues with their engine classifications.

The Frontier never had a VG33DE engine in it. There are a few more errors so be carefull with what you order from them. ("D" stands for double overhead cam)

After looking closer at what they have on their site you should be safe with ordering #95606

The engine you are looking for is the VG33E

#48831 - 21/02/02 04:56 PM Re: New Spark Plugs and WIRES for the Xterra...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Magnecor also sells wires for the Xterra. They have a 8mm set for $162.17, part #60155, but these will NOT work on the supercharged engines

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal