2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#488699 - 29/02/08 11:45 AM Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have a question for you folks out there. Which sliders would be better the Shrock's or Calmini's. I want a set but didnt like the lead time (6 to 10 weeks) for the Shrocks and just wondered if one is better then the other. Please give comments either way.

Thanks in Advance

#488700 - 29/02/08 11:55 AM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Really no difference in my mind.

I'd call Jim at Shrockworks and see if he has any in stock. He might actually have some that he can just ship out. He has better equipment not too, so his production times are slowly getting shorter and shorter.

If you know your area, see if there is a metal fabricator who can do them for you.

#488701 - 29/02/08 12:32 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I spoke with kevin there at Shrock and was told yesterday it would be 6 to 10 weeks as they build to order.

Thanks for the input about no real diffrence

#488702 - 29/02/08 01:54 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have bought two sets of Shrocks. They are great to deal with. I think the sliders are a much more thought through design than Calmini's. I would wait.......my two cents.

#488703 - 29/02/08 02:27 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
RI Xterra Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
With the Calmini's you are going to deal with a crappy paint job. Not as if that really matters if you're going to use them off roading.

But try 4x4parts.com and see if they have any in stock. Just an idea.

#488704 - 29/02/08 03:20 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just tried 4x4. 4 to 6 weeks frown

#488705 - 29/02/08 03:22 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Guess I will just have to either wait (which I don't want to do due to an upcoming trip) or deal with flaking paint.

The paint might not bother me so much, hell they're sliders, should be scratched up anyways LOL

#488706 - 29/02/08 03:27 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Rockaholic Offline

Loc: Reading, MA
The Shrocks and the Calimini are a bit dfferent.

The calmini's are lighter, but also sit closer to the frame/body, which leaves the side of the X more vunerable to obstables with a little height to them...especially if you're going offcamber or turning.

#488707 - 03/03/08 02:18 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I had a local guy fab me up some sliders based on what I had seen on some Jeeps. I couldn't be happier. They are built like tanks.

#488708 - 03/03/08 02:27 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've been very happy with my Shrocks. Beat them a lot. SupaXSE those sliders look nice!

#488709 - 04/03/08 05:28 AM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think this guys keeps a few sets in stock.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Shrockwor...sspagenameZWD1V

#488710 - 04/03/08 06:14 AM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

http://www.rocky-road.com/pathfinderrockrail.html

They have these for the new Xterra even though they are not listed yet. I know they have a set for the 2nd gen. Xterra wrapped and ready to ship because they made a set by accident when I ordered mine for the old gen X. The new Pathy in the pics is on the same frame as the 2nd gen. X, so the sliders fit and look the same.

I really like the sliders and they are priced halfway between Calmini and Shrockworks, but they have the same Shrockworks design.

RockyRoad builds mostly for Jeeps and are very well known for their products in the Jeep world. They are just now starting to build for other makes.

#488711 - 05/03/08 12:10 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Shrocks offer better protection due to the outer tube, but I'd say the Calmini weld quality is better. My Shrocks have a broken weld on them - from the look of it, the weld may have been too cold and just didn't penetrate.

For either brand, I'd recommend welding them to the frame. It's much stronger than the bolt on points. Mine have also bent upward into the pinch seam.

Mind you, this isn't on the truck I wheel...this is on the Xterra my wife wheels.

#488712 - 05/03/08 10:10 PM Re: Shrock or Calmini Sliders
Anonymous
Unregistered

Patience grasshopper. Do yourself a favor and wait for the Shrocks. You won't regret it [ThumbsUp]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal