2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49294 - 11/04/02 09:45 AM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Quote:
Originally posted by BoarderPhreak:
Headers. You know, "zoom zoom."

They replace the restrictive stock exhaust manifold with a more free-flowing system.

I don't know if they're out yet as it doesn't seem to be listed on their interim site, but it was listed on the old one...
I know what headers are, I had just not heard anything about SLR (or anyone) offering them. I don't remember them on the old site at all... (and the interim site is useless). Has anyone heard that SLR offers them? I know some guy on one of the Frontier boards was gauging interest to custom-build some, but I'm not entirely confident he knew what he was doing. Getting headers tuned just right for the best performance isn't something you can "guess".

#49295 - 12/04/02 01:01 AM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
A few of us have been trying to get Gibson Performance out of Corona, CA to build some. Obviously because of how much work they are to fabricate, we have had some trouble.

Here's a list of people we put together who would be interested:

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000170

Ask Socalpunx about the contact he has had with Gibson - last I heard, they were putting the project on hold because they're really busy.

Maybe if everyone here gave them a call and inquired about Gibson headers for the Xterra, they would be more inclined to produce some. laugh

#49296 - 12/04/02 06:52 AM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
A few observations -
Alot of these 'magic boxes' are made for rice boys to impress other rice boys. It's unlikely they will do anything for a stock or lightly modded motor. (intake and exhaust)
Install one wrong - cross a wire splice - and you may blow the ECU. Just a little current in the wrong place will easily fry a microchip. Ask the dealer for a new computer - sure. He'll ignore the cuts in the wires. Wanna bet.
If you build a serious motor then you will need a programable ECU and the instruments that go along with it. A/F ratio, fuel pressure, knock sensor, boost-vacuum, laptop for downloads and...
Would make one heck of a street racer but would suck off-road.
So you want exhaust headers? Great for top end power. But everyone says they want low end torque for off-road applications. For low end, a header made with soda straw diameter tubing would be super. But it would choke mid and high end power. How about a big old sewer pipe header. Great top end, low end would suck tho. The factory gave me a header that is tolerable... why mess.
Wanna know how to fool a dyno? Ask some of the go-faster suppliers - they know. That's if the stuff ever gets tested. Dyno time is expensive. They cannot afford to check every piss-ant little item that they sell. They'll make promises and take your money - it would cost you more in dyno time to prove them wrong.

dave and xtoy - it's your $$$ wink

#49297 - 12/04/02 10:40 AM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
SLR's interim site IS useless, as I remember very well the headers that they had listed on the old site. Of course, not having access to it, I can't verify anything.

#49298 - 12/04/02 01:07 PM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
PismoTaco Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
If anybody does get the ecu mod or anything else done please do a before and after dyno. Over at ttora we did a collective pool w/ all the members and raised enough money for 2 dyno sessions. Sessions run about $100/hour, make sure you choose a guinne pig that intellegent so that he/she may forsee problems that might affect data.

For our runs we are trying a before/after exhaust and also gettting gains of different air filters (stock, k&n, amsoil) and also a air box modification.
-Chris

#49299 - 13/04/02 10:21 AM Re: Jet G Force Controller?
2001frontier Offline

Loc: Fort Worth, TX
Quote:
Originally posted by boholio:
Instead of blowing that money, first get exhaust, intake, and a throttle body spacer. All together should give you about 40 true hp.
Just my 2 cents.
There is no way you will get 40 HP from an intake and exhaust. Everyone that has gotten the TBS says it does nothing but make a lot if noise.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal