2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#494949 - 19/02/10 03:56 AM Need help navigating a complaint up the chain
babyX Offline

Hey, all!

I'm trying to resolve a situation (completely un-XTerra related) with a dealership in Oklahoma that is doing everything possible to ignore me. I've been on the phone with the GM out there, and while I've actually spoken to him once, subsequent calls go to his voicemail and he doesn't call back. I'm to the pestering stage now, where I call him twice a day for the last two days (and will continue today, stepping it up to 3 or 4 calls a day next week).

I've also lodged a complaint with the BBB, and called the related manufacturer (though we bought a used truck made by someone else). No luck yet.

To my mind, this is getting ridiculous. I'm owed a refund, let's just deal with it and get on with our lives.

My question to you all is: where do I go from the here? If the dealership is unresponsive, is there someone else I could talk to? It was a used car, so I don't suppose the manufacturer would care. I guess I could go camp out in his office, except that that would require at least a day off work. frown

We've sent letters chronicling our attempts to resolve the issue to no avail. We're considering legal action, but the cost of it would probably negate the refund.

Suggestions are welcome!

Edited by babyX (19/02/10 04:53 AM)

#495075 - 02/03/10 09:57 AM Re: Need help navigating a complaint up the chain [Re: babyX]
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Every dealership has an owner. They also represent a large company, can you contac them?

#495078 - 02/03/10 01:18 PM Re: Need help navigating a complaint up the chain [Re: BurgPath]
e207 Offline

Loc: Ashland, PA U.S.A.
around here, the local news station used to deal with stuff like that. if a business didnt meet its goal so to say, or failed to follow through on something such as a rebate, or car repairs etc.. whatever the subject,... they, the local news, had a number, or email to contact them with such problems, and if they saw it as a justified reason, or problem, they would actually go to the business and confront them about the problem, putting them on the news and in the public eye,.... I think you get the idea, it did resolve alot of problems that people had !

Just my 2 cents.........
Reman'd engine installed 5/16/09 at 87,894 miles

Captain 38-90
Member of Fire District-38 Station-1 since 1991.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172465012765747/
http://www.pioneertunnel.com/home.shtml

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal