2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496176 - 04/06/01 06:58 PM Wow! On-board air system put to the ultimate test
Anonymous
Unregistered

Today I put my on-board air system to the ultimate test. I repacked my left front wheel bearings using my system to run my air tools. If you haven't been to my website to see my latest ooops photo, then maybe you should drop by there before continuing on. (home.mpinet.net/warmongr/)

Due to the fact that my left front tire was completely submerged in what appeared to be a harmless mud hole, I had to repack the wheel bearings in my left front hub. Normally I do this job at work where I have access to air tools in the shop. This time I used my on-board air system to do it.

To make a long story short, I was able to remove my left front tire completely with a 1/2" impact, remove the left front hub allen bolts with a 3/8" impact and remove the 22mm caliper bolts using my 3/8" impact. I then used the tools again to put the truck back together. The total elapsed time, 45 minutes including repacking and cleaning time.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that this will be one of the best investments I have made on this truck so far. I will be posting photos during my next site update due next week. I hope I don't have the opportunity to trail test it in Tellico this weekend, but I will be prepared for the worst in the event of more bent tie rods and blown beads.

------------------
Gordon "The Warmonger" White

#496177 - 04/06/01 07:18 PM Re: Wow! On-board air system put to the ultimate test
wqbang Offline

Loc: Auburn, WA
Quote:
Originally posted by warmonger:
I hope I don't have the opportunity to trail test it in Tellico this weekend, but I will be prepared for the worst in the event of more bent tie rods and blown beads.

So I suppose you will providing us air for airing up after wheelin', hmm?

------------------
:wq!
Senior Member - Southeast Xterra Club
Tread Lightly!

#496178 - 05/06/01 12:04 AM Re: Wow! On-board air system put to the ultimate test
Anonymous
Unregistered

WQ,

I will put in a little quarter slot to run my "air machine"! :-)

------------------
Gordon "The Warmonger" White

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal