shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496194 - 27/03/02 05:26 AM Airborn X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone have any good pictures or video of them or someone else getting an X airborn?

#496195 - 27/03/02 06:56 AM Re: Airborn X
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
You can take a look at THIS VIDEO from SLR.

However, keep in mind this IS NOT with stock suspension. This vehicle has the 10-leaf pack, HD torsion bars, is lifted and has extende front shock "hoops".

I've seen pics of Chia in the air on sand but the landing looked a little brutal.

#496196 - 27/03/02 09:44 AM Re: Airborn X
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Not sure what kind of aftermarket mods that Chia has (if any), but this is definetly not recommended!

XOC link to another thread

Here is another one, its not an Xterra, but its in the air.......scary stuff!

XOC thread number two

#496197 - 27/03/02 09:45 AM Re: Airborn X
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian Allen:
Does anyone have any good pictures or video of them or someone else getting an X airborn?
I hope you are not thinking about doing this also?

#496198 - 27/03/02 05:08 PM Re: Airborn X
Peanut Butter Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
any good pictures or video of them or someone else getting an X airborn
Umm if you want to fly buy a plane.

#496199 - 27/03/02 09:28 PM Re: Airborn X
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
no need for a plane... just get a long travel suspension laugh

in addition to what craig said about the SLR truck...

as i recall it has
>14" of front wheel travel... stock is 7.5 i believe...

the rear suspension is literaly frightening...
with out getting into details i'll just say it is not even remotely stock... but from the photos you get a good clue of the difference by the fact that the rear wheels touch down first... even with the long travel front...

it has Bilstien Resevior shocks all around, hydraulic bump stops... etc. etc. etc.

you can fly in a X... but to do it safely and with out damage requires a few changes smile

#496200 - 28/03/02 06:37 AM Re: Airborn X
Craigs_Tonka Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
as i recall it has
>14" of front wheel travel... stock is 7.5 i believe... [edit] it has Bilstien Resevior shocks all around, hydraulic bump stops... etc. etc. etc.
Uhm, I don't think they had done all these mods at the time of the video. Most of it was done after they returned from this trip I think.

#496201 - 28/03/02 07:04 AM Re: Airborn X
Metalikat3003 Offline

Loc: Mobile, AL
Quote:
Originally posted by scott.com:
Quote:
any good pictures or video of them or someone else getting an X airborn
Umm if you want to fly buy a plane.
Or buy a Rally Car

#496202 - 28/03/02 09:10 AM Re: Airborn X
Todrick Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Craigs_Tonka:
Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
[b]as i recall it has
>14" of front wheel travel... stock is 7.5 i believe... [edit] it has Bilstien Resevior shocks all around, hydraulic bump stops... etc. etc. etc.
Uhm, I don't think they had done all these mods at the time of the video. Most of it was done after they returned from this trip I think.[/b]
i spoke with spencer about a week after the videos were posted and he had stated that the Sliver SC X had a "stage 5 suspension system" the silver frontier was stage 4

#496203 - 01/04/02 03:42 AM Re: Airborn X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've jumped my Xterra before but never been able to get it on digital video. There are a ton of great, ner-perfect shaped jumps out at Occotillo Wells, Southern California. Also, Im not sure about how much damage you can really do if you are careful. I've gotten higher than 3 feet with absolutely no damage whatsoever. I'd like to think it was skill, not luck, but who knows.... Next time I'm in Occotillo or Glamis, I'll go with the digital cam.

#496204 - 01/04/02 02:39 PM Re: Airborn X
PismoTaco Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
I've jumped my Xterra before but never been able to get it on digital video. There are a ton of great, ner-perfect shaped jumps out at Occotillo Wells, Southern California. Also, Im not sure about how much damage you can really do if you are careful. I've gotten higher than 3 feet with absolutely no damage whatsoever. I'd like to think it was skill, not luck, but who knows.... Next time I'm in Occotillo or Glamis, I'll go with the digital cam.
Next time I got to Glamis or Ocatillo I'll let you know. My truck spends a good deal of time in the air and lands smooth as butter.
-Chris

#496205 - 03/04/02 09:35 PM Re: Airborn X
Anonymous
Unregistered

--------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Posted by PISMO TACO:

Next time I got to Glamis or Ocatillo I'll let you know. My truck spends a good deal of time in the air and lands smooth as butter.
-Chris

--------------------------------------------------In Ocotillo, have you ever heard of Devil's Slide? That place has the sweetest banks, perfect for jumping.... Seriously, though, I think getting a group of us to run to Glamis or Ocotillo for a weekend would be really fun. Do in form.
-Brian laugh

#496206 - 03/04/02 09:42 PM Re: Airborn X
Todrick Offline

anza borrego is done once or twice a year by SCCX

glamis? i dont think most people on this board could appreciate Glamis... but hell id be up for it... maybe get the AZ guys to come out as well

#496207 - 03/04/02 10:10 PM Re: Airborn X
PismoTaco Offline

Loc: Bakersfield, CA
Quote:
In Ocotillo, have you ever heard of Devil's Slide? That place has the sweetest banks, perfect for jumping.... Seriously, though, I think getting a group of us to run to Glamis or Ocotillo for a weekend would be really fun. Do in form.
-Brian laugh
I know the Ford Rangers are having an Ocatillo run on the 14th to which they all invited to to attend, other than that, no I have never been and would love to go. I'd have to see though as it's like a 9hr drive from here to Oca.

As far as Glamis, if you guys want a run we can. The very first time I went I took my stock truck from Gecko to Comp and then straight to China Wall straight through the heart of the dunes and back on my first time alone (I was dared to do it); granted I have TONS of sand driving experience and wouldn't take anybody on that treck w/ a truck unless they knew what they were doing. Glamis dunes are steep, sharp, and can be very dangerious and are not made for ordaniary vehicles unless your an expert.
-Chris

#496208 - 03/04/02 11:02 PM Re: Airborn X
Anonymous
Unregistered

As I said before, I would love to get an organized group to head out there. However, I just a student, and Im sure most of you guys have real careers, whome have less free time than myself. You guys set up the dates and Im there. Id rather not be the one who organizes it since I can pretty much head out there any time I want. If you are really interested, Im up for it.

#496209 - 04/04/02 11:48 PM Re: Airborn X
soupbone Offline

Loc: hayward,ca

#496210 - 05/04/02 01:32 AM Re: Airborn X
Todrick Offline

thats not an "airborn xterra" thats just going way to fast up a hill

#496211 - 05/04/02 09:44 AM Re: Airborn X
soupbone Offline

Loc: hayward,ca
ok ok ok 2 wheels then........geez

#496212 - 06/04/02 01:47 AM Re: Airborn X