shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496213 - 18/12/07 08:06 AM 79 Waggy question
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is not for me... somebody I know, just figured somebody on here might know the question:

What is the inner diameter of the wagoneer front axles(i've got one out of a 79, but they should all be the same)? I know the outer diameter is 3". I measured the inner diameter to be about 2.32", but Im looking for a "factory" number. I'm making a sleeve to press in tube so I can put the USA Alloy axle seals in there(which are made for axles with an ID of 2")

#496214 - 23/12/07 10:31 AM Re: 79 Waggy question
OnlyOneDR Offline

Those axle seals will not work on a standard (not a Jeep TJ) Dana 44 for two reasons:

1. The knuckle's steering axis does not match up with the u-joint. Hence, when the knuckle turns the axle shaft moves front to back in the housing.

2. Dana 44s position the u-joint very close to the inner C, so close that there would be no room for those special seals. Dana 30 knuckles are very different in this respect.

The only reason you might find them referenced as fitting a Dana 44 is for the TJ, the "Rubicon" Dana 44 front housing is built like a Dana 30 with regard to the knuckles.

Battleship - 2001 Frontier Desert Runner
NOAS Club Membership Coordinator and Treasurer 2016-2017
http://www.noas4x4club.com/

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal