shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#496512 - 29/11/04 07:38 AM 3 Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any one running a SLR differential drop kit with their Calmini 3" lift? Also Any one running the SLR stearing kit? If so have you had good luck with it and have you had to replace the bushings in it? And Finaly have you used the stearing dampener along with it??

I've been a click away from ordering the suspension lift kit all week end but, I've decided that I need to look into a few more things before I go all the way and do it.

#496513 - 29/11/04 08:31 AM Re: 3 Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

For over 2 years I ran an AC lift with SLR steering. The SLR steering held up fine, but it used up idler arm bushings rapidly. The bearings held up well.

IMO, the Calmini kit is a lot more bang for the buck on steering. It wasn't out at the time I'd purchased the SLR kit. You can use your steering stabilizer with the SLR kit, as the stock centerlink location is retained.

I also ran the diff drop kit - it was the only way I could clear an R200 diff and the 4 banger oil pan on my Frontier. That causes no interference with anything and it reduces slightly the halfshaft angles - that's a good thing with a lifted Nissan. The kit is a pain in the ass to install tho.

#496514 - 29/11/04 11:44 AM Re: 3 Questions
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I am running the Calmini Steering kit with the SLR diff drop and UCA's.

No damper, no need either...steady as a rock.

No problems so far. (Have a few thousand miles on them)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#496515 - 07/12/04 05:29 PM Re: 3 Questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey TJ-

Does the diff drop help with the steering hardware angles? Do the idler arm bushings last longer?

Also, with diff drop, can't you lift without replacing the UCA's?

#496516 - 07/12/04 06:06 PM Re: 3 Questions
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The diff drop eases the angle on the CV joints...so at full droop, they have room and are less likely to pop.

They do add room for SL w/o UCA's to a point, but most of the UCA needs to do is get the camber back where its supposed to be...and the diff drop is mostly for the drive line rather than the suspension.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal