Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
ECXC 2024!
by Tom
23/04/24 04:27 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#497191 - 24/04/01 10:22 AM Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Xtoolbox Offline

Loc: Torrance, CA
Pictures taken during SCCX16 to Anza-Borrego St. Park as a few of us successfully completed the rock crawl. While the Pics may not really do this black diamond section justice, I can tell you that the steepness, boulders, obstacles, etc. where large & significant enough to stop two lifted jeeps, damage a lifted Toyota and helped Ned and I bang the frame/skids/ARB bullbars a few times even though we had great spotting advice. I would not recommend this section for stock 4x4 X's but for those that are equipped its sure loads of fun For a idea of what the trail was like take a look at one of the easier top section: http://www.sccxterra.com/x16/coyote1742.JPG

For more pictures of this All Terrain / Weather Xcursion see: http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/Forum18/HTML/000036.html

#497192 - 24/04/01 10:40 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Holy smokes. That trail looks vicious!

------------------

#497193 - 24/04/01 10:40 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
ned946 Offline

...what a day! Thanks Toolbox and everyone involved in making the SCCX runs happen. Its fun to be out there with such a great group of people!

Here are a few pics I snapped: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1611231&a=12690444
------------------

[This message has been edited by ned946 (edited 04-24-2001).]

#497194 - 24/04/01 11:23 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
XROCK Offline

Loc: Prescott, Az
Aww- it's just a few pebbles!!

just kidding- awesome pics!

------------------
Supa Dupa Black- The Peoples Champion
www.hxoc.net

#497195 - 24/04/01 12:41 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Snoopy Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
Toolbox, Ned,

I wish I could have been there but Xterra fun sometimes has to take a step aside for responsibility

The pictures are great and I know that both of you had fun. By the way, your two X's are some "bad looking mo' fricas" standing at the top of that hill

------------------
Snoopy , our '00 Cloud White SE, 4x4, 5SP

#497196 - 24/04/01 12:53 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Sc00ter Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas(But retired Cali...
Isn't funny how pictures just DO NOT do justice to an incline?

scoot

------------------
"There appears to be a loose nut on the keyboard!"

-- A typical morning at Candlewood suites.

#497197 - 24/04/01 03:02 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
Ned... i am kind thining after seeing those pics that you may be the member of SCCX who can run Doran Canyon out by calico...

when i did the scout run a guy in a TLC commented that "you wouldn't want to take that up there... it is basicly a tall passenger car"

i corrected him, and agreed that the trail is far too rough for a 4x2... hell it is too extrreme for a lot of 4x4's(his TLC had front and rear lockers)... but im thinking with the revolvers you may have an edge...

great pics

------------------
"Asstek...
You are the Ugliest Link... Good Bye"

[This message has been edited by Todrick (edited 04-24-2001).]

#497198 - 24/04/01 05:30 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
steinism Offline

Loc: spooner street
great articulation with the rear end xtoolbox! it's that just with the rear sway bar disconnected?

------------------
2001 silver 4x4 SE
steinism's x

#497199 - 24/04/01 06:52 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Todrick:
you may be the member of SCCX who can run Doran Canyon out by calico...

Thanks Todrick!
I'd love to go on every Xcursion.....but I'm sorta on thin ice for the moment. I'll see how things shape up closer to the Calico date. If I can't make it, please take many pics!

------------------

#497200 - 27/04/01 01:48 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
will do...

funny but Jackel has promissed to try and run Odessa... IN A 4X2!!! that shou;ld make for some good pics

------------------
"Asstek...
You are the Ugliest Link... Good Bye"

#497201 - 04/05/01 07:33 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Xtoolbox Offline

Some more pictures with some nice camera angles from the Dharma collection:

For more pictures from Dharma's click on SCCX16 & enjoy the other Album also http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=270535&a=12680510&f=0&sp=0

BTW check out the SCCX Xcursions for May : Calico 5/5-6, Cleghorn Ridge & Baldy Mesa 5/19, NASA JPL 5/20

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 05-04-2001).]

#497202 - 20/05/01 07:07 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Guy Offline

Loc: San Diego, Ca.
Hey, I know that place! Back in March I took my X offroad for the first time. Headed up Coyote Canyon(pics in link below). After I forded Coyote Creek the 2nd time, took a right turn and there were those rocks. I wanted to keep going but with a stock X I knew I'd met my match that day. No way would I try that with those General tires. It is now my mission to modify the X and develop the know-how so that I can make it to the top. I hear there are some real nice places to go camping up there.
I'm defintely getting new tires, Rock Sliderz and an ARB bumper in the front with the Warn 8274 winch. The big question is do you think a lift is necessary to make it up this trail?

------------------
01 Solar Yellow SE 4x4 Auto
Guy's Xterra Pics

[This message has been edited by guy (edited 05-20-2001).]

#497203 - 22/05/01 04:26 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Xtoolbox Offline

Guy,

Yup that's the place With some real AT tires & rock bars you could most likely successfully/safely run this section if you have some prior experience on this type of terrain and/or some spotters. Keep in mind that a buddy vehicle or partner(s) is advisable, the stock front end could easily be damaged on the rocks/obstacles, and you may bang the undercarriage/skid plates in places.

As far as you're modification mission I would do them one at a time, starting with the tires. Next I would consider some better shocks like the Bilstein's and the Rock Bars before the ARB bumper/winch, but that's just me. A lift is not necessary for that trail and I would put that off until you have a lot more experience and/or push the limits of what you already have.

Take care, hope to see you on some of the SCCX Xcursions this year

Brian

[This message has been edited by Xtoolbox (edited 05-22-2001).]

#497204 - 22/05/01 11:29 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Guy Offline

Thanks for the feedback Brian. The pocket book pretty much dictates that I will be doing these upgrades one at a time. I also agree with the order you have listed. The thread on the Bilstein shocks have added them to my list of mods.
The wife just ordered the Wet Okoles for me for Father's day! I think I'll keep her. I scuba dive and we go to the beach alot in the summer. I got the charcoal grey with the Xterra logo. The sample they sent me seems to match the dark gray on the console perfectly. I'll post a pic so people can see how they look.

We will make an Xcursion one of these days.

Guy

------------------
Guy's Xterra Pics

#497205 - 23/05/01 09:07 AM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
an1malch1n Offline

Loc: San Diego CA
If I may make a suggestion why not consider a locker?? They are definately worth the money and will get you further than any tire will. Not to mention this would be my first mod if you are really serious about wheeling
just .02

------------------

#497206 - 23/05/01 04:59 PM Re: Coyote Canyon Rock Crawling Pixs at Anza-Borrego St. Park
Guy Offline

The list just keeps growing... thanks for the suggestion.

------------------
Guy's Xterra Pics

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal