2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#498536 - 15/04/05 08:29 AM 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone figure out how to override the auto -shut off of the rear E-locker in the 05's? The E-locker will only engage below 5mph and only in 4x4. It automatically shuts off if you pick up speed:thumbsdown: What's the fun in that?

Chris

#498537 - 15/04/05 12:00 PM Re: 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

since its electronically activated and deactivated, its probably controlled through the computer.

I wouldnt think it would be possible to disable it, but I could be wrong...

#498538 - 15/04/05 12:33 PM Re: 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

On the Jeeps the trick was to find the wire from the TC position sensor and send it to ground, that would allow the engagement of the locker(s) in any TC mode--as to the speed cut-off--that's there for a reason--but the principle is the same. Another way might be to find which wire needs current to engage the locker, run a separate wire from a switch, then you can have your locker anytime.
the service manuals for the Frontier just went up recently on the Nissan pubs site... we need to wait a little longer for the Xterra. As soon as they are posted the workaround should be easy to figure out.

#498539 - 15/04/05 12:34 PM Re: 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

oops, double post

#498540 - 15/04/05 01:35 PM Re: 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by mars:
Another way might be to find which wire needs current to engage the locker, run a separate wire from a switch, then you can have your locker anytime.
the service manuals for the Frontier just went up recently on the Nissan pubs site... we need to wait a little longer for the Xterra. As soon as they are posted the workaround should be easy to figure out.
Thanks, this is what I was thinking to. New to the Xterra world, thought you guys might have figured it out already laugh I'll climb under it this weekend and see what I can find. Just got the exhaust dailed in. Had to add the Factory dampner back on to get rid of a vibration. So far I found three factory installed dampners, 2 on the frame rails and the one on the exhaust.....damn Nissan engineers.

Chris

#498541 - 15/04/05 04:17 PM Re: 05 Rear E-locker override?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by WhippledHD:
Quote:
Originally posted by mars:
[b]Another way might be to find which wire needs current to engage the locker, run a separate wire from a switch, then you can have your locker anytime.
Thanks, this is what I was thinking to. New to the Xterra world, thought you guys might have figured it out already laugh I'll climb under it this weekend and see what I can find. Just got the exhaust dailed in. Had to add the Factory dampner back on to get rid of a vibration. So far I found three factory installed dampners, 2 on the frame rails and the one on the exhaust.....damn Nissan engineers.

Chris[/b]
If you go this route, consider a two switch/interlock system. Inadvertent engagement at say.. 60mph while fumbling for your Double Mocha Decaf Latte would have less than desirable consequences on the contents of your diff and subsequently your wallet.

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal