2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#49929 - 23/11/05 02:45 PM Strange occurance, I think tranny related
Anonymous
Unregistered

So today I went to leave for a doctor's appointment, pull out of my driveway, and start to accelerate. Well the engine gets to 3-3500 RPMs and it wont go past. It kind of felt like gears were slipping or it wasnt shifting.

I came back, left the X, took my dad's truck to the doctors. Came back let the X run for about 30minutes and took it for a 15 minute drive. No issues on the drive. However, when I got home and got out of the truck there was a foul burning smell... I don't know if its transmission fluid or oil?

I already put a call into Nissan but the earliest they can look at it is Saturday. Well.. I have to be somewhere tomorrow and then down to Long Island on Friday mad Then back down to school by Sunday... GREAT

#49930 - 23/11/05 02:55 PM Re: Strange occurance, I think tranny related
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
that could be bad.

Check your transmission fluid.
If it smells burnt then you have problems

#49931 - 23/11/05 04:13 PM Re: Strange occurance, I think tranny related
Anonymous
Unregistered

What kills me about this whole situation is that I had put a complaint into the service department at my dealership regarding the tranmission and hard shifts/slipping. Apparently they did nothing about it.

Well, at least I still have my 5k of 100k mile warrenty left :rolleyes:

I pulled the ATF dipstick out when it was running, honestly I don't know what I'm looking for. There was fluid on the dipstick on the hot side, but it looked a little bubbly and a it was a transparent red.

I mean it drove fine after I let it warm up, but should I be driving it? I've got a 2hr roundtrip to make tonight plus trips the rest of this weekend.

keith

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal