2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50017 - 02/02/04 10:12 AM Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
Anonymous
Unregistered

2002 SC-SE automatic tranmissiong. Was just wondering if this is suppose to happen: when the key is in the accessory position the transmission will go into all gears with out pushing in the break. This is the first time that I noticed this. Is it anything to be worried about?

#50018 - 02/02/04 11:27 AM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Read your owner's manual, page 5-6 specifically.

Thank you, drive through...

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#50019 - 02/02/04 11:58 AM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
No, it is normal, the transmission lock only works when the key is in the run position. [Wave]

#50020 - 02/02/04 01:07 PM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry that I didn't go through the owners novel but thanks for the reply. I did do a search before I posted but I guess every newbie has to have some kind of CHEWING

#50021 - 02/02/04 03:12 PM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
John Doe Offline

Loc: Chattanooga
Quote:
Originally posted by Shanman:
I guess every newbie has to have some kind of [b]CHEWING[/b]
I see that you've met Brent!

#50022 - 02/02/04 06:36 PM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
Anonymous
Unregistered

I learned that the hard way! [Uh Oh !]
I was behind the truck washing my floor mats with the key on Acc., listening to the radio. My two year old son had climbed in the font "passenger" side. You can probably guess the rest of the story.
With little effort, he put it in reverse. The driveway had a slight slope towards me. I had my back to the truck about ten feet away, kneeling.
Needless to say the truck hit me pretty hard. Fortunately, since I was facing away from the truck, the force knocked me a few steps forward, allowing me to get to my feet. I was able to get out the way and begin pursuit. The vacuum was being drug under the truck.
Thank goodness he didn't lock the doors. I was able to catch up, hop in and stop it before it really got going down the hill.
I never would have thought the truck would go in gear without the motor running.
Though I wasn't the last person to drive the truck, I took full blame for that one....ASSuming the Parking brake was set, and not checking.

Hopefully this little life lesson keeps one you guys from getting run over in the future.

#50023 - 03/02/04 08:26 AM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Quote:
Originally posted by Shanman:
I guess every newbie has to have some kind of [b]CHEWING[/b]
Oy vey, you call that chewing? If I wanted to chew you out, I would have said "read your owner's manual, dumbass!" and not provided the page number to reference. I was being helpful, loading the spoon, but not putting it in your mouth.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#50024 - 03/02/04 11:59 AM Re: Transmission Going into Gear without Brake
Anonymous
Unregistered

OffroadX I have read many of your other post and I forgot to tell you thanks for going easy on me. Thanks for the reference and I went home that night and read the manual from front to back smile Thanks for all of your help and I am glad that I can come to a place like this to find answer to questions that I have.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal