2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50125 - 21/02/02 06:23 AM Semi-Pro Rotors for 2000
firefighter Offline

There have been many times in the past couple of months that I have been driving along at 80mph and had someone pull out in front of me. This makes me have to throw out the anchor and quickly slow down. This has gotten me thinking about my brakes.
I can get lifetime pads, but no-one around here offers lifetime rotors. What I'm looking for is a larger rotor that can handle the heat better. I saw awhile ago a rotor that was drilled and sloted and looked like it could disapate alot of heat.
So, I guess my question is has anyone mounted semi-pro rotors to their X and what kind did you use.

Thanks,
Mike

#50126 - 21/02/02 06:30 AM Re: Semi-Pro Rotors for 2000
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
If you have a 2000, you are limited to basically the stock rotor, since there isn't any room for anything larger.

The Xterra has exceptional braking scores in all the reviews, and really doesn't need any updates in the braking department.

Where exactly can you drive 80 mph and have people pulling out in front of you ?

#50127 - 21/02/02 06:31 AM Re: Semi-Pro Rotors for 2000
Strom Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Talk to SEXterra - he has put some on his X.

They are also talked about here.

I don't think they will last a lifetime, though I do think they will help your braking power.

#50128 - 21/02/02 09:31 AM Re: Semi-Pro Rotors for 2000
firefighter Offline

I'm not worried so much about the power, I'm worried about the heat warping the rotor.
And I can drive 80 alot of places. The only requirment is that I do it carefully. If you notice my nickname, I'm a vol fire fighter and have a lightbar and siren on my X. Even though it looks light a UFO landing and makes more noise then the average gang banger people don't see/hear me and do stupid shit.

-Mike

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal