2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#501606 - 23/12/05 05:24 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Double D:

My recommendation is to set your tire pressures to 35 psi when it the coldest part of the day. Over inflation will not cause your TPMS to alarm you.
But who wants to roll on overinflated kicks all the time? A few PSI can be felt in ride compliance, and depending on tires, tread wear also. Note: kicks = tires.

#501607 - 26/12/05 08:55 AM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

DoubleD is correct. I have found the wire that actually goes to the TPSM itself but it is not labled with any given wire other then the fact that it attaches to one that controls a lot of other stuff. In regards to the fuse question you can disable it by simply pulling the cluster gauge fuse but then that would make your cluster to stop working which isn't worth it in my book. So I guess Nissan went a long way to make sure that this wasn't tampered with. So you will have to deal with the light on and alarm going off.

Also the monitor measures all of the tires when they are in motion as previously stated by someone and that's the reason that in your owners manual it says not to have any kind of antennas mounted on your windows as it will interfere with the signal getting to the monitor and will cause the monitor to malfunction.

Edited to add: If you have the ESM then go to the DI part of the electrical section then go down to either the combination meters or the warning lamps for the schematics. There you'll see the listing the for TPSM but there is no wire number showing.

#501608 - 26/12/05 12:04 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think we all agree the 10 second beep, and the high 29 psi trigger is the killer. I don't know what the US law that kicks in next year for '07's but, surly Nissain can shorten the beep to 2 and lower the trigger to 25psi....but then again maybe the law is strict. Can some one find if for us. It was passed 3 years ago, i believe, right after the Firestone shiet.

#501609 - 26/12/05 12:42 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
N0WE Offline

Loc: Minnesota
My 05 OR low tire pressure alarm was going off all the time. I checked all 4 tires and they were within 1/2 lb on a digital guage. All at 35. Had the dealer look at it when I went in for service and they said I had to maintain 40 lbs!!!! They filled to 40 and the sensor does not go off but it is like driving on solid tires.

#501610 - 26/12/05 12:51 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by N0WE:
My 05 OR low tire pressure alarm was going off all the time. I checked all 4 tires and they were within 1/2 lb on a digital guage. All at 35. Had the dealer look at it when I went in for service and they said I had to maintain 40 lbs!!!! They filled to 40 and the sensor does not go off but it is like driving on solid tires.
They need to reset the pressure amount. Mine doesn't come on as long as it is over 35 psi. I think that is what most of them are set at.

#501611 - 26/12/05 01:35 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Another way around it would be to buy a set of sensors set to go off at say 25 psi...assuming they are available. Stock tires are fine at about 30-32 psi IMO.

I never need to run my Jeep tires over 25 psi because it is not heavy enough to need more than that with the weight rating of load range D 285's.

One might also consider killing the audio warning on the dash cluster and just go by the idiot lights for sanity during those air down trips. I killed the piezo electric speaker on my jeep TJ cluster so I could leave the keys in the ign while the doors were opened without the damn buzzer chime. I don't miss it- except for when it reminds you to turn off the headlights.

#501612 - 26/12/05 06:24 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/QUOTE]They need to reset the pressure amount. Mine doesn't come on as long as it is over 35 psi. I think that is what most of them are set at.[/QB][/QUOTE]
Can they reset it at the dealer for any pressure? If so, I'm sure most would be unyielding if asked to lower the amount for fear of liability.

#501613 - 26/12/05 07:23 PM Re: Disable tire pressure monitoring?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Sammon287:
They need to reset the pressure amount. Mine doesn't come on as long as it is over 35 psi. I think that is what most of them are set at.[/QUOTE]
Can they reset it at the dealer for any pressure? If so, I'm sure most would be unyielding if asked to lower the amount for fear of liability.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Don't know. It could hurt to help. Just let them know that most of us are able to run at 35 psi and not have the thing go off and that's what it says in the book so tell them that it is set at the wrong pressure and that the alarm is always going off if the tires are inflated to over 40 psi.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal