shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#502472 - 02/11/06 10:33 PM X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi guys!

I just had the X broken into, I'm on a business trip out in Las Vegas and need to get it replaced before I head back.

I was wondering if anyone knows how much the rear passenger door windows cost (the ones that roll up and down)? I am trying to decide if I want to file a claim on my insurance or just replace it my self.

I'm really depressed about this frown

Thanks guys!

#502473 - 03/11/06 03:37 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you have glass coveragew on your insurance a Window replacement claim doesn't count against next years premium as a claim. Plus your deductable is probably only $50 or so for a Glass claim (If any deductable at all). If you don't have glass coverage you are looking at $300'ish at a guess, call around to a few glass replacement places and make sure they know you will be paying up front if you don't have the glass cover.

#502474 - 03/11/06 04:34 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

$300???? Comon! I bought my 2K front doorglasses for $34.00 dollars EACH, I keep and extra set for MVInspection re: window tint.
Doorpanel off, its 2 bolts, takes me maybe 5 minutes a side. (NOTE- I used to own a glass shop in NJ, but the glass was purchased after)

I cannot see the rear doors being much more. Dont do insurance, go pay cash and get it over with.

M

#502475 - 03/11/06 07:17 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok guys! I found one place online that has them for like 50 bucks, my deductible for glass is 100.

Thanks for the FAST replay guys!! I'm just waiting for it to be 8:00 am so I can start calling some local places, I couldn't even get a good nights sleep because my X has no window on there.

#502476 - 08/11/06 07:33 PM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

didn't see this til now cuz I was cruisin around...did you ever get your window replaced?

#502477 - 09/11/06 06:59 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

My $300 estimate was based upon a glass company coming to your house / place of work and replacing it. Of course if you do it yourself it's way cheaper for just the piece of glass.

#502478 - 09/11/06 07:29 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

I fianlly had to go through the insurane to get the window replaced, non of the local dealerships had the glass in stock and would not have it until Monday. The only glass shop that had it in stock wanted $150 for it, so I decided to have the insurance pick up that tab. I got it installed and everything for $250 and only paid a $100 deductable.

Thanks for the help guys!

#502479 - 14/11/06 07:17 PM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

the rear window on the door, the non moveable one is like 400 i believe

#502480 - 14/11/06 09:54 PM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

brand new windshields only cost 125 if you know a guy who works at an autoglass place (wouldve been about 350)

had to replace that after a badlands trip. nothing happened at the park, but on the way home a semi kicked a rock into the windshield and cracked it

#502481 - 16/12/06 12:44 AM Re: X got broken into, need price info on window replacement
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe I paid 140ish to have my passenger front window replaced after some bastages busted it out to get my snowboard gear.

Quote:
Originally posted by gprsh924:
brand new windshields only cost 125 if you know a guy who works at an autoglass place (wouldve been about 350)
I had my 2000's windshield replaced while I sat in the living room drinking a coffee for $180. Harmon Glass I believe... if anyone ever gets quoted for over 200 on any piece of front glass for the X... they're getting ripped.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal