2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#505614 - 28/04/06 01:30 PM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

If they laugh in your face, go somewhere else. I bought my X for $1,000 below invoice price, and mine is an OR which tends to be harder to find.

#505615 - 29/04/06 12:53 AM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Advice - Yes,
1. Don't let them take your visa or license while dealing with you.
2. Write down any options you want added, exactly as you want - specify everything.
3. Have them write you an offer with the options on that paper and keep the copy when you leave.
(learned that last one the hard way)

#505616 - 01/05/06 02:03 PM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for all the help guys, you have been great.

I am 100% sure I am going to buy a new car, I am 98% sure it is an Xterra. I keep finding better and better deals, so I am going to keep looking.

Just recently I found an Xterra, 2006 Off-Road with 16000 miles selling for 23,000 at a local dealership. The TMV of the car is somewhere around $27,000, since I don't know everything that comes with the car I just entered the basics that come with the Off-Road trim. Does this seem a bit fishy to anyone? I am going to check it out soon.

To be honest I don't think I will ever use the options that come standard with the OR trim, which leaves me wondering which is more important. Buying a car for 20-22 grand or buying a car for around 23 grand that should be around 28 grand

#505617 - 01/05/06 03:20 PM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got my leftover '05 OR with 12 miles on it for $23k. it's a stick shift, and MSRP was $27k. I would wait for nissan end of year incentives again if you can spend 23k. just get a new one.

#505618 - 20/05/06 09:38 PM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am getting a plan of action ready for when I go into the dealership, I have all these print-outs that show that 2 hours up the road I can get an 06 for the same price as the 05. I also have print-outs that show I can get an 05 for 3 grand less than the sticker price on the car I am looking at.

The car is an 05 S with 11,000 miles. They have it at 23 grand. Of course, that is high. But I just found out the car comes with the Utili package. Which means it comes with VDC, ABLS, Fold down front seat, along with the power option.

How realistic is it to think I can still get the car with tax for around 19 grand?

#505619 - 04/06/06 10:37 PM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I do a lot of mountain biking and have had great luck with the Yakima "Big Horn" bike rack. It is one of the few hitch bike racks that have an attachment for the downtube of the bike frame as well as the cross bar to keep the bikes from swinging and hitting each other. I have a fairly expensive mountain bike and haven't hadn't damaged yet in transport (on the trail is a different story) even when carrying 3 bikes. The Yakima Big Horn also swings down so that the rear hatch can be opened without removing the rack.

I also have a Yakima rack for the roof of my car but the hitch rack is easier to use.

#505620 - 05/06/06 06:16 AM Re: Should I buy one?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have spectacular trails I ride near work, day or night I can ride the Tow path from Cleveland to Akron Ohio. Need to be secure since It's left for long time. 3 alarms Plus locks. http://planning.co.cuyahoga.oh.us/green/system.html
Anyhow, Been trying to bring Bike to work. Got some ideas here and here is what I did.
1st I Make rear compartment locking.

Then I carved out the back of it, installed a recessed plate
on bottom for support and bolted this baby down, A Locking Fork support.

Here you can see both locks.

I used that latch hole and another Velcro strap to secure rear tire.

Yes It really does fit with the door closed! (Giant NRS 2 If you wonder)

The whole deal, And I can still get 3 people in the X with me.
Notice the Velcro straps that hold rim to bike. Quick and easy.

Shot with the seat up.

Now I am ready to ride, I also installed a ratchet strap from one seat latch to other,
A good place to lock bike frame to truck is the hook the seat latches into.
Locks locks locks, Make it to where if you can't use it, neither can they.
this baby is Nailed down no wobble! Off to the trails, LOCKED!
Show me YOUR X! MC

#505621 - 05/06/06 09:02 AM Re: Should I buy one?
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
I had an X...

bought a Beat ass 1989 Cherokee.. loved it...

got sick of the whel it, break it, fix it, wheel it, break it... and dumped it for the Frontier King Cab I have now...

The X is a far better SUV by definition than a Jeep Grand Cherokee, IMHO... Since SUV means Sport Utility Vehicle, I don't think by definition the newest generation of GC even qualifies.

BUT had i been in the market for an SUV I would have waited until the Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4 Door came out... that is the obvious successor to the Cherokee and should be one hell of a vehicle...

It would be a very tough choice for me between the two had i been looking for another SUV

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal