2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#507263 - 07/06/05 04:17 PM "Americanized" HVAC controls?
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
Anyone else notice that for 2005, Nissan seems to have taken a page out of the American manufacturer's playbooks regarding the HVAC controls?

Max A/C - puts on recirc and face-only vent automatically?

Defroster now automatically turns on the A/C in stealth?

Not that I mind, but it's a bit of a departure from the typical Burger King-esque approach to HVAC controls that most Asian manufacturers take where you can have it all your way: A/C on/off, recirc on/off, face, face and feet, feet, feet and defrost.

#507264 - 07/06/05 04:52 PM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

My a/c always comes on when the defrost and fan are on and when outside temp is above freezing and there is no way to turn it off. I know that this defogs quicker but I don't like having my a/c on the majority of the time, reducing mileage/power etc. Bad idea from Nissan...especially when my friend has the ability to turn the a/c off in his KIA! [Crybaby]

#507265 - 07/06/05 04:53 PM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's been discussed...

I still don't like it dumbed-down like that though.

[ThumbsDown]

#507266 - 07/06/05 05:38 PM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

It isn't quite that bad. If it is Ford then you can only have the ac in the face. At least with Nissan you can have it blow on your legs, or a combo of the two.

#507267 - 07/06/05 08:03 PM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel the controls are a nice balance, and easy to use, BUT I would prefer being able to override the A/C and have a direct outside ventilation control. I do like the big, easy to use controls though.(and especially on the Fosgate system) [ThumbsUp]

#507268 - 08/06/05 06:18 AM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I realized something (doesn't happen a lot, but once in a while). Anyway, you can have A/C on and have it on floor, floor/console, etc. Just push the A/C button and then move it to the airflow path that you like. Also if you want Max A/C then just push AC and the interior air recycle button and then you can move it on any airflow that you like. Basically you can have Max A/C on any combo that you like.

#507269 - 08/06/05 08:23 AM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Offroadx had a post entitled "Disabling A/C Auto-On During Defrost". I don't know how to link it, but check out his post on "Xterra Firma" in the how to section.

#507270 - 08/06/05 10:57 AM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought all vehicles ran the a/c compressor in defrost mode. My last four did.

#507271 - 08/06/05 06:34 PM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
NSANY Offline

Loc: Scenic NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by solohiker:
I thought all vehicles ran the a/c compressor in defrost mode. My last four did.
My 98 Pathy didn't. Don't even remember what my Z did.

#507272 - 09/06/05 08:58 AM Re: "Americanized" HVAC controls?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Having the AC on does help get the moisture out of the air for faster defrosting.

On my ZR2 in the summertime, I just unplug one wire on the big aluminum can thing and it won't run the AC anymore. Just have to remember to plug it in and run it once a month so the pump stays lubricated.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal