shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#508138 - 23/02/06 08:20 PM Re: When to Run Synthetic on '06 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I feel the same about oil as ahnyyoungboi.

Hanging out with racemotor guys and road racers will tell you that redline and mobil 1 oils are the most used oil for endurance racing. mobil 1 more for the club racers and such on a budget..but the point being is that there has got to be 20+ years of nothing but positive experience on mobil 1.

the other point was that modern dino oils are blended with pretty decent additive packages and will last for months. It is my observation, as a former import mechanic, that most cars will be fine on 2 oil changes a year. Usually, the people who change it every ten months either barely drive or run into other kinds of neglect, like a coolant related failure resulting in blown head gaskets etc, because they never changed the coolant in 9 years, for instance. the motor usually lasts long enough lubrication wise for something else to go wrong.

I did see some dandies in the service and repair trade. I try for 3 oil changes a year, but i do it myself and it never cost more than about $8-$10 every time.

#508139 - 24/02/06 12:45 PM Re: When to Run Synthetic on '06 X
Anonymous
Unregistered

I took my X to the dealership today to get the oil changed and a new tow hitch (recalled). I usually go to EZLube and get Mobile 1 and the service guy was informed of such. I just picked it up and they used regular oil instead of the synthetic. Is there an issue with using synthetic since the first oil change and later switching to regular oil? Should I take it back and make them put in synthetic? Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal