shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#509468 - 27/04/06 01:24 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was a hard choice to make...
I just considered the initial use I will have for this truck and it was in order commuting, hauling, up to the ski hills, out to the hiking trails, out to the mountain bike trails, fishing, towing, light off road fun in the sand and snow.
If you find that OR is in the top 3 then get the OR model. If it is 1 then get an OR and mod it. If you don't care about the factory options but will get updates then get the S.

I was really tempted to get the OR even with my needs ..er..wants.

Just a warning... I don't even have my X and I am already thinking about replacing the side rails with rock sliders and getting the skid plates, and ripping out the stereo head and putting in a nav-dvd.

Hmmm... then I'll probobly 'need' a locker...

#509469 - 27/04/06 09:51 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by SE4X4:
Was a hard choice to make...
I just considered the initial use I will have for this truck and it was in order commuting, hauling, up to the ski hills, out to the hiking trails, out to the mountain bike trails, fishing, towing, light off road fun in the sand and snow.
If you find that OR is in the top 3 then get the OR model. If it is 1 then get an OR and mod it. If you don't care about the factory options but will get updates then get the S.

I was really tempted to get the OR even with my needs ..er..wants.

Just a warning... I don't even have my X and I am already thinking about replacing the side rails with rock sliders and getting the skid plates, and ripping out the stereo head and putting in a nav-dvd.

Hmmm... then I'll probobly 'need' a locker...
might as welll back out and get the or then w/o th rf stereo

#509470 - 27/04/06 10:44 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by s4iscool:
might as welll back out and get the or then w/o th rf stereo[/QB]
Well, actually not as simple. I actually wanted the 17 road wheels and tires as that is where it will spend most of it's time. If I want OR tires I'll get something larger.

Also in Canada only the SE came with Side curtain air bags and that would be hard to add later (no options here... who do these guys think they are .. Ford? [ThumbsDown] )

If there was an SE with locker and skid plates I would have bought it ... no questions asked.

Nissan is doing pretty good listening to customers needs, but I think they slightly missed this one.

#509471 - 27/04/06 10:59 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

S model, OFF ROAD letters added, Dastar lift, Timbren F&R, BFG 285 75 16 AT KO's Rear stabilizer and Mud Flaps removed, Shrockworks Bumpers and Sliders (Rear on order due 5 May) Facory skids, 1540 watt Sound system, XM, CB, Alarms, On Board Air to run Air lockers when they come out and Air up. , KC Lights on seperate switches, relayed. K&N Air filter. The Red stuff up top is a High Lift 60" and a shovel mounted with Quick fists for last 10K miles. I have a Roof Basket now, I don't know why, looks odd to me. And.... too many odds and ends to list.
Factory Skids easy and cheap to put on.
I like to order down and build up. Lots of vendor problems. Easy just to order OR. Real capable and better Gas mileage. I get 17 now.
MC

#509472 - 27/04/06 11:04 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, it's cool...but no locker [Smoking]

#509473 - 27/04/06 03:00 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

1st year for a locker, I decided to wait on ARB, Some people have had trouble with the locker. Besides, take a peek under the plate, 8000 lb MM Winch will get me out of any trouble I can get into. Always someone pointing out downfalls here. Post a pic of your Rig TODAY! So I can say, "But it don't have a winch!" Geeeshh!

#509474 - 27/04/06 06:00 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

just joshin ya...someday my X will look like yours smile

#509475 - 29/04/06 02:00 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

USMC XTERRA -

Your truck looks awesome [ThumbsUp]

mitt

#509476 - 30/04/06 01:44 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

"just joshin ya...someday my X will look like yours" Thanks, But ya never can tell on XOC I don't post much here because of it.
"Your truck looks awesome." Thanks! I needed that after dumping all that ca$h! LOL half the stuff you can't even see!

MC

#509477 - 02/05/06 04:08 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Great post, I was looking for something like this. I was having a hard time between getting an 05 S in Red Brawn(yuck)or going for an 06 S. I think I am going to go for the 05, since they seem to be the same car, different year.

#509478 - 02/05/06 04:19 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

What I'll be using my Xterra for here in FL -

carrying surfboards, carrying bikes, offroading, camping, moving junk, hauling ass (please see new engine specs), rendezvous w/ females, kayaking/canoeing, towing boats (maybe a trailer w/ a motorcycle someday), burning cash, pulling my friends Wrangler, tailgating, sleeping, carrying diving/ snorkeling gear... etc. etc.
For that go with th "S". You'll love your x.

#509479 - 04/05/06 05:41 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am a Jeep driver but have never wanted to play with it to much. I am getting a 06 X OR. My question is, AT or MT. I love the MT but ive never been ORing with a MT truck. What are the pro's and cons of AT to MT. Also what should the first Mods be for my car? tires ill be gettin but should i go SRS or Suspension or what? Ive never moded a truck and need help. This will be a majority road car but want to be able to have fun on the trails around East Tenn.

#509480 - 31/05/06 06:27 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by bwilli40:
I am a Jeep driver but have never wanted to play with it to much. I am getting a 06 X OR. My question is, AT or MT. I love the MT but ive never been ORing with a MT truck. What are the pro's and cons of AT to MT. Also what should the first Mods be for my car? tires ill be gettin but should i go SRS or Suspension or what? Ive never moded a truck and need help. This will be a majority road car but want to be able to have fun on the trails around East Tenn.
Off road the AT is better-especially when learning (infinitly low "crawl" ratio, less task loading on driver, etc.). I usually recommend armor and tires before lift. Then recovery gear. The truck should "grow" with your skill level.

#509481 - 03/01/07 04:39 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Yeah - the AT is easier, just like ON ROAD. laugh

Armor and tires before lift...too early a lift, before you have calibrated your "OH SHIT!" factors, and you get into trouble off camber, etc.

I recommend a BL before getting the tires though...JUST to be able to GET larger tires, and, so that you can GET armor for the BL, like sliders, rather than getting the armor, and THEN doing a BL, so that the armor now has a gap, etc.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#509482 - 11/03/07 09:21 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am probably 1-3 months away from being financially able to get an X...But the amount of time I spend on here researching you would think I own a fleet of them.

Something I've been questioning lately while debating between an S and OR, is would the OR be a smarter choice, if for nothing else, for resale value? It's hard to find a used OR here in CO, yet the S "litters" lots, as another poster mentioned.

Obviously the locker and imo better looks (fogs/wheels/badging) are a big plus when considering which to buy, but do you think the resale will be much easier and profitable with the "specialty" model??

Thanks for your input!

Oh btw, once i get an X, I don't forsee ever wanting to sell it wink

#509483 - 16/03/07 11:43 AM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking as a 'neighbor'(WY), we started looking at the X(base) and worked our way up to the OR. We've had several Jeeps and wanted the off road capability, but with some creature comforts and strong highway performance(which the Wranglers lacked). The OR fit these wants/needs and more.

IMO, and my wife's, the $3,000 or so extra we paid is well worth it. We haven't found ourselves wishing we had this feature or that. Much cheaper in the long run to already have the OR features than to try and add them. Plus they are covered by the factory warranty. That warranty was a big plus(peace of mind) with our Rubicon.

From our experience of trading in a lot of vehicles, you get more money back trading in a higher level package(e.g. OR vs. S) than you do trading in a lower level with a lot of add ons that you have installed. You'd like to think that features you have added have made your vehicle just as valuable as if they came on the vehicle, but generally that's not the case when it comes to the bottom line you are given for your trade.

So get most of what you want from the start and enjoy it. You're always going to lose money(depreciation), but, unless you like to 'build your own', you are better off starting out with all the available features you want.

#509484 - 30/03/07 08:47 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

The OR rides higher and looks cooler...esp in black. wink

It is worth the extra cost for all the addtional features.

#509485 - 29/06/07 10:20 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

huh, bah what are u talking bout? Check my X....

got 33s...Xterrains...K&N Air Charger/Flowmasters...sliders/armor soon...and OBA Later for after market lockers....

smile

#509486 - 16/07/07 05:30 PM Re: 2005 S vs. OR
Anonymous
Unregistered

I considered the Off Road model, but I eventually figured that I might cry if I saw a scratch- meaning it wasn't the model for me. For what I do (biking, skiing, snowboarding, sports, hauling crap), I love my S. Maybe when it's older and has a few parking lot dents I'll take it off road.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal