2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#50982 - 07/11/01 01:40 PM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
we'll need to see some pics of the final result laugh

#50983 - 11/11/01 10:43 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
I just posted pic's of the trimmed tailpipe. Check them out: http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/picview.jsp?album=8437

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#50984 - 11/11/01 10:34 PM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Excellent cut work, Sean.. The next to last picture looked really good.. How are you liking the Gibson, so far?

Saw some redneck today with a Flowmaster on his S-10, and man it sounded and looked like shit. I guess he got the aluminized one cause he had rust stains everywhere.. And it was just too damn loud for me.. :rolleyes:

#50985 - 12/11/01 04:58 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
Excellent cut work, Sean.. The next to last picture looked really good.. How are you liking the Gibson, so far?

Thank you sir. So far, I'm really liking the Gibson system alot. It's so quiet, I can hardly tell I have it on! I'll tell you, the muffler itself is a class act, it's so well built, I bet I could drive over it without any damage. My mileage is about the same, ~145 miles at the halfway mark on the gas gauge, even though I'm a little more generous with the throttle when merging on the highway. All in all, a quality product.

laugh

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#50986 - 14/11/01 10:14 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Cougar Offline

Loc: Germantown, MD, USA
Good cutting job Sean.
I am getting my Gibson exhaust and iV cleaner late this week or early next week. Any advice or comment?? Thanks smile

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: imcougar ]

#50987 - 14/11/01 10:23 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
BoarderPhreak Offline

Loc: Huntington, NY
Very nice, Sean! It looks great!

#50988 - 15/11/01 04:56 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by imcougar:
Good cutting job Sean.
I am getting my Gibson exhaust and iV cleaner late this week or early next week. Any advice or comment?? Thanks smile

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: imcougar ]

All in all, putting on that Gibson was a painless experience. Depending on how old your stock is, I'd start soaking ALL the exhaust bolts/nuts with WD-40 now to make removing the old system much more easy. Also, if you suspect the gasket that joins the new system to old, get a new one at the dealership. I even went out and bought a 1/2" drive 17mm 6 point socket for two toughest ones (you're also need a 14mm and a 12mm for the nuts that hold the system to the truck). The other thing would be to test fit/cut the tailpipe section before tighten the clamp fully. I assumed the length was OK to begin with. See what happens when you assume?

:rolleyes:

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#50989 - 15/11/01 11:30 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Cougar Offline

Loc: Germantown, MD, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Sean:

All in all, putting on that Gibson was a painless experience. Depending on how old your stock is, I'd start soaking ALL the exhaust bolts/nuts with WD-40 now to make removing the old system much more easy. Also, if you suspect the gasket that joins the new system to old, get a new one at the dealership. I even went out and bought a 1/2" drive 17mm 6 point socket for two toughest ones (you're also need a 14mm and a 12mm for the nuts that hold the system to the truck). The other thing would be to test fit/cut the tailpipe section before tighten the clamp fully. I assumed the length was OK to begin with. See what happens when you assume?

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the adivce.. i don't think i am goning to have too much trouble taking it down since my truck is only 3 months old. I'll probably go buy gaskets just to spare in case something happens and i don't have a car to go anywhere.. . smile anyway, i can't wait till the new exhaust and air system to be installed...

#50990 - 17/01/02 12:44 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Origami Gangsta Offline

Loc: Dammit! Even CLOSER to Smith a...
Hey Sean, how's the Gibson doing after a couple of months?? I'm thinking about buying one.. smile

#50991 - 18/01/02 04:28 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TatsuoX:
Hey Sean, how's the Gibson doing after a couple of months?? I'm thinking about buying one.. smile

So far so good, just the right amount of exhaust note. My only complaint is it doesn't look new anymore! The only thing I've had to do is clean the tip of the tailpipe with WD-40 a couple of times because I didn't install that ricey chrome tip which came with it (it's still in the box). All in all, well worth the money.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#50992 - 18/01/02 07:53 AM Re: Question About Gibson Exhaust System...
xterrasd Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
That was one of my main complaints with most after makrket exhaust systems, that damn chrome tip! Not appropriate for the X at all. The Nissan pipe is finished on the end BUT just pipe! I for one dug that.

I ended up with the Nissan stainless exhaust and have been very happy with it. The sound is great! Just enough to know it's there but not too loud. Hooked up with a fellow club member that's running the HKS and we got to compare. The verdict was that the Nissan exhaust is about the same as the HKS in sound.

RJ

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal