shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#510712 - 04/03/05 05:29 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I guess I don't understand what all the fuss is about. I don't like the 4WD knob either, but then again I'm not in the market for an '05. If these modifications and changes to the '05 Xterra are what bring it a larger market share, I say good for Nissan!

I'm perfectly happy with my '02, and plan on keeping it until the day it dies (or becomes too expensive to maintain) which is why I'm not complaining! Just enjoy what you have, for cryin' out loud! smile

#510713 - 09/05/05 09:16 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Excuse me for saying this Porsche996 , but if you want to heckle Xterras I think you're in the wrong forum. By the way I drove the Frontier Nismo pickup with A/T and loved it.I almost bought it! Except I saw thwe Xterra was a better value and had the sam VQ40DE engine.Horsepower and torque are a non issue since both have tons of torque and horsepower and since the VQ loves to rev, you get up into the torque and powerbands quite quickly and easily.Oh and by the way those lower gears, they come in quite handy for towing last time I checked and they help the engine to reach its sweet spot a little quicker.I am a proud and blessed owner a 2005 Nissan Xterra OFF ROAD edition and I love it.So please put your charts away and your heckling to rest and if you don't like the X or new Frontier please find another forum to heckle in and stop wasting all of our time. Thank You.

#510714 - 09/05/05 10:08 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by fastdrmr:
......Go drive it, go drool over it. Good job Nissan!.....
No shit!

Don't get me wrong, I love my '03. However this dissin of the '05 is some ignorance.

I love this crap....

The new X is for soccer moms, right?

Well....

hmmm....

Why the hell doesn't your 00-01-02-03-04 have:

A real handbrake...

265 HP VQ engine...

Modular tracks in the cargo area.....

Lock-box up top.....

More rack capacity.....

a 4.5 inch suspension lift kit......

A f%ckin locker, be0tch?

#510715 - 10/05/05 06:23 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I read some of this string. Alot of what the original poster said was opinon, and he was right about the 4wd knob. But why did he leave all the substantial improvements out? All the class leading stats? Or tell us what he is comparing it to? I Cant think of a single rig to compare it to for wheeling, in an SUV. BUT, the hand brake was his downfall, as that shows a total lack of 4x4 knowledge. Foot style parking brakes are stupid for a 4x4!

#510716 - 10/05/05 12:49 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by DocNo:
Quote:
[b]I guess the new focus group is the soccer moms....
Yup, soccer moms want rear lockers, stiffer shocks, improved dparture angles and box ladder frames :rolleyes: [/b]
[LOL] [Laughing]

#510717 - 12/05/05 06:38 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

mad I guess some people in this club like the uncontrolability of the 2000-04 Xterras.I'm sorry but I drove an '04 SE and did not like it.Every bump sent it jiggling all over the road like a vehicle sprung with rubberbands. The '05 (off road edition atleast)is alot less jiggly,has more power,better fuel economy and a much better driving position.i seriously believe that those who are heckling the new X haven't driven one and/or are set in their ways like old geezers who just like to complain,oh well misery loves company I guess.Wake up and smell the coffee.Aside from the somewhat scratchable interior,Nissan has done an incredible job of adding even more capability to the X.And yes I like the exterior, it looks BEASTLY!!!! Sorry I just had to vent, but I'm ok now smile

#510718 - 12/05/05 10:33 PM Re: So disappointed...
superjens Offline

Loc: North Vancouver
Quote:
Originally posted by X-Calibur:
mad I guess some people in this club like the uncontrolability of the 2000-04 Xterras.I'm sorry but I drove an '04 SE and did not like it.Every bump sent it jiggling all over the road like a vehicle sprung with rubberbands.
No offense, but it sounds like you drove a lemon. My slightly lifted 01 with no rear sway bar is steady as a rock over everything. It never, ever jiggles. Well, maybe some times between the lower part of the seatbelt and my manboobs.

#510719 - 13/05/05 06:21 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ive got to weigh in here, I own a 2005 S model, and it is not the first Ute Ive owned. It is the first one that could pull a greased string outta a cat ass, though. I've had International Scout, Isuzu Amigo, and now I've gotten the X, the X actually is fun to drive, thrifty on gas, has enough gidiup to getr out of its own way, and looks pretty good. Another upgrade that sold me on it was timing chain vs timing belt, that pushed me over the top in purchasing. I got 4X2 because I dont offroad much anymore having gotten my fill of it tearing up military vehicles for the last 22yrs, besides with most novices, 4WD just means a longer walk back to the interstate to find a ride and get a tow truck. Just Rambling sorry if it seems off topic.

#510720 - 22/05/05 08:14 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Wow, there's just so much testosterone being exuded around here. I agree that the new 05 X corrects a lot of older problems, most notably the lack of power present in earlier models. I also like some of the other smaller mods, like the lack of carpeting in the cargo area. I really need to get out and test drive the new X sometime this summer, with grad school and work temporarily finished.

I will say, however, that I am glad I bought the '04 in August last year. I was debating pretty heavily on waiting, but to be honest, this 2004 is plenty capable as an outdoor vehicle for my purposes, and the 05 X in its most basic 4WD range has inched out of the price range I was looking at. I also am not entirely thrilled with the looks of the new X (the only colors I really enjoy are the black and night armour), but, as another poster pointed out, this is the new X and we must embrace it if we wish to eventually own another capable and outdoor worthy X.

And to the person who called the 2004 X a... what was it... ah yes, a "[pussified] soccer mom vehicle," for one, you never said which features you found to violate the "everything you need, nothing you don't" slogan. For two... the difference between my 2004 XTerra and a soccer mom vehicle is in the use of it- mine's generally covered in dirt and mud (not handprints), with an XOC label (not a magnetic soccer ball), a hitch that carries my bikes (the kind without handlebar streamers, thanks) and heavy duty floor mats that protect the inside from more than a spilled milk shake.

I guess I just don't get the trading of insults here... this starts with one persons opinion of the new X, that doesn't warrant labeling my 2004 as a soccer mom vehicle. As others have pointed out... to each his own. I love my 2004 X more every day that I spend in it, and am still getting used to the changes instilled in the new X. Does that mean I hate it? No, it means that I will grow to love it as I did the older X's.

Enough of the proverbial mud slinging, boys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions!!

#510721 - 23/05/05 03:45 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

GENTLE MEN,,,you guys sound like a whole bunch of p***ys. Why dont you make a convention or go to the feakin' mall an pick up some panties. All of you sound like a bunch of old ladies. I bet moset of you are going through the second puberty,,,mid life crises. what the hell is wrong with you. Next thing you know, the site will be devided into 1st and 2nd gen X owners. All Xterras are good. They are not equal, but they are equally good. One lacks here, the other lacks there, one has this, the other has that. Look how big this post got. Its ridiculous. If you got the money and time to spend your whole life camping out and off roading, than you are one lucky son of b**ch. Chances are though, You are not driving an Xterra and are just visiting this forum. For all the rest of us, we do work for living. I have owned three of these already, and I keep commming back for more, '01, '02, and now '05. Loved the 1st gen. It fit me perfectlly at the time. The crap I went to in those trucks, were amazing. Given that I had Bull Bars on them, but they literally saved my life. They were simple, rugged, and had potential. They were amazing... How many of you take highways on daily bases??? I do. The '05 beats the last gen hands down. We all have to eat and make money. One of my biggest and only complaints was lack of juise on the previous one. The highway ride just simply sucked. Now I can roll all my windows down and drive 70 mph, an not lose my had. For every complaint that the 1st gen owners have, I'll have a praise toward the 05. For every 05 that you bitch about, I'll have a praise toward the 1st generation. Just pick what you like, drive it and love it. Don't bitch around. Why don't You F**k Nuts put that energy toward something usefull. Don't you have a grass to moan or go pierce your ears and grow a pony tail. Take a damn tent and go enjoy what you have. Despite all the flaws that my '02 and '01 had, I loved them. Despite all the flaws that my '05 has, I still love it. And I put it to use, and I do enjoy it. And for all you haters, someone already posted it, you cannot beat a 284lbs of torque. Lets face it, you still have to take a long road in order to get to that piece of off-road heaven. Why not enjoy it, while getting there?

#510722 - 23/05/05 04:00 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by porsche996:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kung Fu Jedi:
[b]So, who does make a decent sport-ute in your opinion? If it isn't the X or a Jeep, whose left that really makes a good SUV? Nearly everything else on the road is a luxury or cute ute.
Exactly... Since the first Xterra is gone, there isn't a decent SUV on the market right now. Gonna' have to wait for somebody to wake up and realize that everybody doesn't have to have leather and a smooth, cushy, on-pavement ride...

Figure it'll be about 5 more years before another "back to basics" SUV rolls around. I don't know who's going to make it.[/b]
There is one comming out for the 07. The new TJ by Toyota. The looks do look apealing. We'll see when it comes out. But I hate Toyotas. The only ones that you will ever see me in, is a Supra and 4runner. Owned both.

#510723 - 24/05/05 11:28 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

[/qb][/QUOTE]There is one comming out for the 07. The new TJ by Toyota. The looks do look apealing. We'll see when it comes out. But I hate Toyotas. The only ones that you will ever see me in, is a Supra and 4runner. Owned both.[/QB][/QUOTE]

It's FJ Cruiser, which is likely to be available early 2006.

#510724 - 24/05/05 11:57 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The new Xterra reminds me of a Civic also.. lol

#510725 - 24/05/05 03:02 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

For some reason that pic looks pretty nice. If there is anything I'd pick over the X, and its not just cause I am an X-addict, would be the TJ. But, I state this based only on the looks of it. We'll see when it comes out. If it comes out. The new Tundra, do also for the '07 (with '06 possible delivery) looks very sweet. The thing is that no one has time to enjoy life without having to have to work. The new X is a great car for all ocasions. If the off road wheeling is what you need it for, than a decked out wrangler or the previous X will do great.

#510726 - 24/05/05 03:39 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

The New "X". The 05 definatlty hits the mark on this modern turn of events to make every vehicle out there to have the same chassis and just a drop on a body. What is Nissan thinking. What are all you drivers thinking who like this wana be Trailblazer. I'm an 03 "X" driver and no one could smack the grin off my face when I drove that sucker off the dealer's lot. What a vehicle..... I drove that thing they call a 05 "X" and I just about cried. I thought to myself what am I driving? My brothers Tahoe? I couldn't even sense what I was driving when I was inside of it. A bad copy of a great machine. You see the same trends with Dodge and their new introduction of the Charger... 4 Doors??? What the huh. I would like to see dedication to what sells. Maybe they don't want us to get together anymore as clubs. Maybe their should be an 05 club and all us old school(who know what we are talking about) with our short existance of the best ride known to man and fast ourselves in our own club till Nissan produces our heavenly ride again. The Mustang Ford Fans have done it....

#510727 - 24/05/05 05:07 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here we go again. This will never end. Dude, why dont you read my post on the bottom of page 4. Stop bitching and go enjoy your X. No one wants to here your moaning. Both Generations are Great. Although my '02 is gone, I still enjoy my '01 and '05.

You would probably look really nice in white Granny Panties. Nagging Cry Babe.

#510728 - 24/05/05 10:03 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

True, I don't understand why people keep crying about the new Xterra. I think it's all about personal preference and it's useless to keep yelling. Be mature!

By the way, I like the idea of the FJ Cruiser but at the present time, I still can't picture myself jump out from it with a suit (ocassionally).

#510729 - 25/05/05 02:07 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here is my $.02 If you don't like the 05, you can still buy a new 04.There are quite a few left on the lots. If you like the 05, you can buy that. Whatever people like or dont like about the 05, it is here to stay. At least Nissan STILL makes a manual shift option. Almost no one else does. There ARE many options on the 05 to fit a lot of people's needs and wants. Just enjoy your ride, and have fun whatever year it was made. That IS what the X is all about..to get out there and have a riot doing it. cool

#510730 - 25/05/05 09:00 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty X:
The New "X". The 05 definatlty hits the mark on this modern turn of events to make every vehicle out there to have the same chassis and just a drop on a body. What is Nissan thinking. What are all you drivers thinking who like this wana be Trailblazer. I'm an 03 "X" driver and no one could smack the grin off my face when I drove that sucker off the dealer's lot. What a vehicle..... I drove that thing they call a 05 "X" and I just about cried. I thought to myself what am I driving? My brothers Tahoe? I couldn't even sense what I was driving when I was inside of it. A bad copy of a great machine. You see the same trends with Dodge and their new introduction of the Charger... 4 Doors??? What the huh. I would like to see dedication to what sells. Maybe they don't want us to get together anymore as clubs. Maybe their should be an 05 club and all us old school(who know what we are talking about) with our short existance of the best ride known to man and fast ourselves in our own club till Nissan produces our heavenly ride again. The Mustang Ford Fans have done it....
It's this kind of garbage that brings these discussions to the basement. All you can do is view this from an crumudginy view of an old school vs. new school thing. "When I owned an X you couldn't just turn a knob to shift into 4-lo! You had to jerk a stick!!"" Great.

Let's put this into the perspective of a new X buyer. At first glance, a new buyer wouldn't be able to tell much of a difference between the two, aside from the front grill. I couldn't. I'd seen them around alot, but anyone who's ever bought a new car (and isn't already a car-person) will know that you don't notice little things about models until you own one. Then the new driver would drive both, and would be hard pressed to enjoy the older over the 2005 in terms of power. The s/c version would come closer, until the new X driver discovered that they'd have to pay for premium gas for a car that's a step slower. I would be very surprised to find a person, new to the X, who would choose an older model over an '05 if the price were the same. I'm not bashing the older models though, I'm just trying to look at this from a different perspective. I love the old X...the "basicness" of it. The utility of it.

But most of the negative arguments I'm reading in this thread are from people who seem to think that Nissan should have made NO improvements in the X, for infinity. They should keep everything the same, year to year. They should not listen to their die-hard customers who want lockers, skid plates, and better shocks built-in. They shouldn't listen to their customers, and the market, by introducing a stronger, smoother, and faster engine or a smoother on-road ride.

Get real.

#510731 - 25/05/05 11:03 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TRIPIIIE X:
Here we go again. This will never end. Dude, why dont you read my post on the bottom of page 4. Stop bitching and go enjoy your X. No one wants to here your moaning. Both Generations are Great. Although my '02 is gone, I still enjoy my '01 and '05.

Well are we a wee bit pissy?
"DUDE" Your prior post virtually sucked. Why even direct anyone to review that? Suppose we should all zip our opinions up and sit on them. I thought I could voice my opinion because it follows the TOPIC in this discussion. And low and behold a troll lurks here. Well I have already voiced my opinion on the 05 "X" and that's it. Well have fun brusing anyone who posts a reply that does not see your view point.

#510732 - 25/05/05 11:14 AM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

"Let's put this into the perspective of a new X buyer..."

Well, I just happen to be one, so I'll give you mine. My particular need in a vehicle is for paragliding, which involves transporting 4-6 people (6 *very* friendly people, but hey, if there's a ride going up, you take it, never know if there'll be another one) and 300-400 pounds of wings up forest service roads at 9000+' ASL which are very steep, very muddy, completely washed out, or all of the above at once. The first gen Xterra never tempted me even a little bit, but this one did. The sufficient power for the above use and the stock locking differential were key.

As for all the other concerns I've read here ... get a grip, you whiny bitch. Not to mince my words or anything.

#510733 - 25/05/05 12:22 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty X:
Quote:
Originally posted by TRIPIIIE X:
[b]Here we go again. This will never end. Dude, why dont you read my post on the bottom of page 4. Stop bitching and go enjoy your X. No one wants to here your moaning. Both Generations are Great. Although my '02 is gone, I still enjoy my '01 and '05.

Well are we a wee bit pissy?
"DUDE" Your prior post virtually sucked. Why even direct anyone to review that? Suppose we should all zip our opinions up and sit on them. I thought I could voice my opinion because it follows the TOPIC in this discussion. And low and behold a troll lurks here. Well I have already voiced my opinion on the 05 "X" and that's it. Well have fun brusing anyone who posts a reply that does not see your view point.[/b]
From what Im reading from you, you must be a really soft person. Mentally soft. Post all you want. Still does not change the fact that you are a whiny little b***h. I'm not gonna bitch out your X, cause I would never do that. An 'X' is an 'X'. But pussys like you make me sick. You wanna vent, go outside. Vent your pits. Although I think that you only bought the X to be another poser on the road. The Truck looks better than most, and it catches eye. Thats all for you. I also notice that you let your emotions take the best of you. We'll see what this post will do to you. Bet you got bullied back in school also. Oooh, Let everyone know what color of panties you bought.

#510734 - 26/05/05 04:00 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Please reframe from personnal insults on the posts. Just sets a bad line on things. I apologize to anyone who was affended with my posts. I realize I affended the new 05 "X" owners. Did not mean to do that. I like the new "X" and my own 03 "X". I know I will buy a new "X" in the future and grow to love it. Just a little unhappy with some of the changes with the new modle. The +'s on the new 05 "X" do compromise the -'s Have a great time with your X's if it's 4 yaers old or an 05, 06, 07, 08,09 or the next millinium for that matter. No hard feelings guys. I know we need to get out of work and just go out and injoy or fabulios "X"'s. I think we all need a break from our hard work that pays for our excellent rides. Peace out fellow "X"'ers and for crist sake have some fun this weekend.
Your Dude the posser.. Ha Ha. [Smoking]

#510735 - 26/05/05 04:46 PM Re: So disappointed...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll drink to that!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal