2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51249 - 19/09/06 11:58 AM Front diff
Anonymous
Unregistered

This might have been posted already I could'nt find it, I have heard of the front diff in the new gen are weak and break easy is there truth to that or is it from just beating it to death going to wheelin in the country this weekend and want to wheel but not destroy my new X

#51250 - 19/09/06 12:48 PM Re: Front diff
Anonymous
Unregistered

There have been several reports of blown differentials so far. The link below will give a few examples.

http://thenewx.org/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1058

There are a few people wheeling the 2nd Gen without any problems so it is hard to say how weak it really is.

#51251 - 28/09/06 11:04 AM Re: Front diff
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a word of advice from someone who has blown his front diff: don't let the wheels spin excessively as you struggle to climb a hill / obstacle. Your truck might suddenly gain traction (especially if you have good tires), and when this happens a lot of torque and stress are put on the differential.

I blew out my front diff. while trying to climb a steep hill (I know, hard to believe they exist here smile ) that had a lot of loose dirt.

As a reference point, I did just about every kind of hill and obstacle in Moab for the week I was there, and did not damage anything.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal