shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#513091 - 23/01/06 08:25 AM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe that for the AAL dan uses his pre-05 for the install picts as there is no difference in the procedure to install the AAL b/w 05/06 and pre-05.

#513092 - 23/01/06 01:45 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Will you are correct. That is a pre-'05 Xterra showing in there and Koko is correct as well. There is no changes what so ever in doing the shackle or AAL install as they have the same exact procedures. Since I didn't get the shackles done yet I wanted to be able to have the complete write up done so that if someone else got their lift kit before I got mine installed they could go straight ahead and have no issues with it.

#513093 - 23/01/06 01:47 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

For those that were wondering about how much a shop will charge you to get the springs swapped out here's the price that I got. I'll even give the name of the shop for those that are in the local area of me.

I went to Hurdles on 25th Ave at the intersection of Colley Ave and they told me that they will charge me $120 for them to pull off the assemblies, swap out the shocks, and reinstall them. They will also include the alignment as well. So that's pretty damn good for that price. The guy that I spoke to was Jamie and their number at the shop is 757-622-7730. He told me that it will only take 2 to 3 hours to do the entire process. He said that these really need to be done on a machine for safety reasons as they are really heavy duty springs.

Just wanted to list that so that everyone will have a general idea of about what it should cost you to get it done. Good luck to you all. I'm going to try to drop it off in the morning and get it done so the only thing I will have left to do is the shackle install which won't take that long at all. laugh

#513094 - 23/01/06 02:05 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got another update from AC.

For those that ordered the kits some of the orders will be shipping this week. Not sure who is getting theirs shipped out.

For the brake line kits. They should be available by next week. They are in the process of testing them out now. They do have them in stock so that's good to go.

For the front shocks they are currently working with a couple of companies to get them developed. The thing that they meant about the limits of the shocks is the same thing with the rear. They are saying that when you get new longer aftermarket shocks then you'll be getting more travel then the stock ones so you'll be getting the same amount of lift regardless of what model you have. The only thing that will be affected is the travel of the shocks.

#513095 - 23/01/06 03:35 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Back before I was banned from buying parts from 4X4 parts.com for wanting service.
(I asked for a little servie and thats what I got Damm little!)

I considered this install.
I was going to use OFF ROAD Struts with the AC Spring package... I think you are correct since all the parts from a OR are completely different from a S or SE Model.
The stance of an OFF ROAD is higher, so I guess the gain would be less.

Since AC refuses to sell to me, I guess I will just install the OFF ROAD Shocks/Stuts I ordered from dealer.... Unless I can unload my SHROCKWORKS BUMPER. Then I'll just stay all stock.

I'm concerned with the weight of the bumper in front.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirt Dog:
Dan,
I would like pass on my thanks for the great write up and pictures of the install. I was on the AC site and it said " Amount of front lift will be limited depending on which coil over shock you are using. Different models have different shocks so degree of lift may vary". I have a 06 OR does this mean I will get less lift than say S model? Also am I missing somthing because I would like to see some side pics of your X with the new stance. PLEASE

#513096 - 23/01/06 07:58 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Total Chaos is soon releasing uniball UCA's for the Fronty/Xterra... these with the AC coils should be a kick@ss combo. [ThumbsUp] [ThumbsUp]

#513097 - 24/01/06 11:57 AM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I believe the OR is higher becuase it rides on 1" taller tires. Yes there are bilstein shocks front and rear, but as stated previously that is to give a firmer ride.

#513098 - 24/01/06 04:37 PM Re: AC's Lift kit how-to 2005+ Xterra Completed.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pardon me for asking, but you mean that you don't want to stick a prybar between the coil windings after you have capped the shock/strut and the coil can't fly away? That would be easy actually-if that is indeed what you mean. It would pop about 3/4 of an inch (a coil width), just keep your hand on the tools and not in the coils.

bear in mind I worked on cars for a good number of years professionally.

Anyways, I look forward to photos, post lift ride analysis, and reports back on any alignment or any other side effects.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal