2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 63 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51311 - 13/01/04 01:14 PM I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Woo Hoo!

I installed my white faced, reverse Indiglo gauges last night and it's sooooooooooooooo cool to be able to see my damn gauges during the day when I have my sunglasses on!

Took about an hour to install and it was well worth the $50. An added bonus is that the reverse lighting looks absolutely killer at night!

"I can see, I've got legs!, shit, I've got legs!"

#51312 - 13/01/04 01:21 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
stosh Offline

Loc: Pine Bush NY
I had installed a set in my 94 accord. I wasn't really happy with them.

Got a link to where you got yours?

#51313 - 13/01/04 01:21 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
ecfiffer Offline

Loc: Aiken South Carolina
pics? i wanna see 'em

#51314 - 13/01/04 01:21 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Cool - looks like we'll be installing some on a Frontier at our SWXC/TNT mod day this weekend... any install advice? Did you have to take the needles off? Any mid-install pics?

#51315 - 13/01/04 01:41 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
stosh Offline

Loc: Pine Bush NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaiser442:
Cool - looks like we'll be installing some on a Frontier at our SWXC/TNT mod day this weekend... any install advice? Did you have to take the needles off? Any mid-install pics?
The only advice I know of is don't put the transformer next to your heat ducts.

When I installed them previously on another vehicle you didn't have to remove the needles.

#51316 - 13/01/04 01:50 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Damn,

Sorry, I took no photos during the install, please don't abuse me! [Crybaby]

I got them off of Ebay, they were sold by SDR Powersports, identical to the ones on the site everyone was working with months ago.

Install went pretty much as follows:

1) Removed the cowling from the steering column (5 screws)Pull the top half off and then pull the bottom half down. Watch the ignition surround trim it can fall off.

2) Removed the front fascia from the center console (pull the shift surround straight up, take out the 2 screws at the bottom and the 2 screws under the radio, pull the rest off)

3) Removed the lower dash panel cover (the big piece under the steering column)by taking out the 2 screws at the bottom outside corners and them just pulling it out, I left all of the wires attached and just moved it to the side.

4) Remove the cluster surround by taking out the 2 screws and then GENTLY pry it up and out at the lower corners, it's really tight and I'm guessing you could break it if you get too rushed. [Too much XOC]

5)Remove the cluster by taking out the 3 screws (also unplug the harnesses and pull off the cable tie downs).

6)Disassemble the gauge cluster by gently depressing the appropriate tabs on the housing and and pulling it apart.

7) Install the overlay, take your time and just sort of move the needles around to whatever spot works well for you, it took all of 2 minutes to do. I used 3M double sided tape in as many places as I could easily get it into to help keep it good and flat.

8)Put the gauge back in and wire it up. I wired it to the harness coming from the light switch right inside the column (blue and red wire in my 2002)using a power tap. I grounded it to the column as well. I mounted the "transformer box" under the dash using double sided tape and stuck the adjustment switch panel in my fuse opening.

9)Reverse the assembly of the dash and it's done.

10) Revel in the ability to see your damn gauges!

[Wave]

#51317 - 14/01/04 03:15 PM Re: I can see my gauges! I can see my Gauges!
Anonymous
Unregistered

sweet, can you post some "after pics". I did the same install in my old accord it looks really nice finished, kinda sketchy during when you see the gigantic hole in your dash though.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal