2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#51365 - 19/05/05 07:15 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

That second pic is especially nice... wink

#51366 - 19/05/05 09:18 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Quote:
Originally posted by PHXX:
[b]Wow.... By painting your Shrockworks bumper Yellow, makes it the bumper look totally different! Interesting touch with the blue paint.. anymore pics of ur truck?
A couple:

[/b]
Very Nice! Is that the TJM snorkle? It looks reallly short as far as how far it goes up the window pillar.

#51367 - 19/05/05 10:04 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

WOW!.... I mean WOW laugh
Niiiiccccceee!

#51368 - 20/05/05 02:55 AM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Wow.... By painting your Shrockworks bumper Yellow, makes it the bumper look totally different! Interesting touch with the blue paint.. anymore pics of ur truck?
A couple:

[/b]
Very Nice! Is that the TJM snorkle? It looks reallly short as far as how far it goes up the window pillar.[/b]
It's a TJM. It is shorter up the "A" pillar and goes inside the fender, not all the way to the end like the ARB.

Mike, did you take that shot? laugh

#51369 - 20/05/05 11:57 AM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by Guy:
Good choice. My Calmini bumper after 18 months...
I think it's only a problem on the coasts or maybe up north with heavily salted roads. I live in Kansas, but for work have spent most of the last eight months living and working a couple miles from the Atlantic. I never worried about touch ups and had several scratches through the powdercoat. I didn't have a single problem with the powdercoat flaking off until this past winter on the Atlantic. It seemed to only take a pin prick in the powdercoat to start it rusting beneath it. And it was only a problem for the center tray area; the skidplate, uprights and outer wings aren't being affected. I ground it off and found a rattlecan at a local autoparts store that is a really close match to gray powdercoat. My bumper is from the first production run for the 2002's from October 2002.

#51370 - 20/05/05 01:17 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I'm sure Calmini can get away with more/last longer in areas w/o excessive salt...in NJ though, my Shrockworks powder coat and my Skid Row Powder Coat last fine, the Calmini stuff falls off.

laugh

At least the shackle tabs don't rip out of the bumper like they do on ARB's.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#51371 - 20/05/05 01:40 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

You mean the Hi-lift jack point? I dont know why people think those are shackle mounts, they were designed to be a point to where the hi-lift could jack the front end up with the optional accessory.....

Sure it looks cool to have shackles on there, but thats *not* what its there for...

#51372 - 20/05/05 02:31 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
TJ Offline

Yeah - I get it, its like those "Sport Bars" that look like they're supposed to be Roll Bars...

laugh

Here's the ARB website showing the way to hook up that spiffy Hi-lift Jack Point too....very clear it has nothing to do with winch hooks or shackles and such.

wink

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

#51373 - 20/05/05 03:11 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

The paint on my calmini bumper is showing lots of rust bubbles and has already started to flake off some paint and its only 8 months old. The calmini sliders which are a year old are having some rust isssues away from the scratches. Right side is starting to flake large sections off while the left is about to start as the rust is visible under the paint. I'm planning on having them both sand blasted and will repaint them this summer. ND is a non salting state thank god.

#51374 - 20/05/05 03:21 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
TJ Offline

I just paint the Calmini stuff black after letting the original paint flake off...its not like the metal isn't OK at least.

#51375 - 20/05/05 04:51 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Aero Steve Offline

Loc: Land of OZ - Home of the Jayha...
Quote:
Originally posted by Grand Forks Xterra:
The paint on my calmini bumper is showing lots of rust bubbles and has already started to flake off some paint and its only 8 months old.
Is it flaking just in the center tray area or all over? Mine was only coming off in the center. It appeared on mine that the center area was a different grade of steel more susceptible to corrosion than the rest.

#51376 - 21/05/05 12:07 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
TJ Offline

If I had to guess, it looks like Calmini's prep of the metal needs work before painting....when you have delamination like that, it usually means the paint didn't bond to the metal....and that's typically because the metal had a film of something on it that kept the paint from getting a good grip on the metal surface.

The SLR stuff, the Shrock stuff, the Skid Row Stuff is exposed to the same salt and abuse that my Calmini stuff is....but the Calmini stuff is the ONLY stuff loosing its paint.

I like generally Calmini from an engineering standpoint, but their painting sucks big hairy moose cock.

laugh

#51377 - 21/05/05 12:07 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

It is flaking in the center section. Rust bubbles are forming all over the rest of it though.

#51378 - 21/05/05 01:07 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's why I live in Good Old Rust-Free Arizona! [Finger]

#51379 - 21/05/05 03:07 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
I'm sure Calmini can get away with more/last longer in areas w/o excessive salt...in NJ though, my Shrockworks powder coat and my Skid Row Powder Coat last fine, the Calmini stuff falls off.

laugh

At least the shackle tabs don't rip out of the bumper like they do on ARB's.

laugh
Why would you even use those tabs to recover in the first place. We have perfectly good tow hooks mounted to the frame. And btw having a winch hook attached to one of those hi lift points doesn't make it a recovery point. Even on the shrock there's no need to risk possibly tweaking the bumper when you can just hook up to a 10 dollar tow hook

#51380 - 21/05/05 05:31 PM Re: Winch Bumper Pictures
AverysX Offline

Loc: Austin, Tx
Quote:
Originally posted by TJ:

but their painting sucks big hairy moose cock.

laugh
[LOL]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal